Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Well they said it can be converted to propane no problem just order a kit.  I imagine it will pass my price range pretty quickly but it is a auction so you never know.  I will say the market for a 8,000lb 7' tall pizza oven is probably fairly narrow.. but I have been wrong before.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Home builders with contracts are bumping contract prices!  Not sure how, but I have seen them raising prices 10% prior to close on signed contracts.
    I signed the contract in February of 2020 for a medium size renovation project, that is starting next month(could not get doors to show up for a year). My contractor said that I was the last job that materials were included.  
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Well they said it can be converted to propane no problem just order a kit.  I imagine it will pass my price range pretty quickly but it is a auction so you never know.  I will say the market for a 8,000lb 7' tall pizza oven is probably fairly narrow.. but I have been wrong before.
    You’d be surprised. Restaurant owners watch online auctions like hawks. A lot of my customers actually hit auctions regularly. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    That doesn't surprise me @ColbyLang you have to be a hustler to survive in the food industry and especially now.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Got a new couch and a new mattress today. I’m lucky that in addition to being the big spender, SWMBO is the big earner in the family.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Since my oldest daughter agreed to house me and since she is just taking up golf, I brought her this set:
    https://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/complete-sets/women/women-s-profile-sgi-complete-golf-club-set-cart
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    New handbuilt wheels for my mountain bike.  Hanging around those forums might actually cost me more money than this place. 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    SonVolt said:
    Just got my call from Shirley Fabrication. Steel prices are up 40% since I placed my deposit back in Feb 2019.  Truly bittersweet considering which industry I'm in. 

material pricing on some metals are getting scary, im getting quotes that are only honored for one day
    4x4x3/8 HSS $645 for a 24'er today! Price good for 72hrs
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    edited March 2021
    !!. Last time i bought this a few years back it was under $10
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    poster said:
    !!. Last time i bought this a few years back it was under $10
    Less than a year ago $6.50. And the fun has not started yet!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    bubbajack said:
    Less than a year ago $6.50. And the fun has not started yet!
    Yeah just wait until they are using windmills to produce it. It will be 50 bucks a sheet. Give or take a little either way. Enjoy the ride 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited March 2021
    I was in Menards yesterday and they were getting $7.25 for a pine 2x4x8. Crazy. 

I was really hoping to rip down and build a new deck on the house this summer. I'm thinking twice now....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    poster said:
    !!. Last 
    When I was a 2nd Lieutenant I built a bar for the home I shared.  It was bordered by carved 2x4's, covered with foam and a synthetic leather-type sheet.  
    The top, however, was this same particle board shown above.  Before I attached the borders, I coated it with that epoxy-resin stuff that they pour over sliced tree trunks, for clocks etc.  It was beautiful, and I wish a had a good photo to share of it.  Had to sell the bar when I transferred to Albuquerque.    

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    poster said:
    SonVolt said:
    Just got my call from Shirley Fabrication. Steel prices are up 40% since I placed my deposit back in Feb 2019.  Truly bittersweet considering which industry I'm in. 

material pricing on some metals are getting scary, im getting quotes that are only honored for one day
    4x4x3/8 HSS $645 for a 24'er today! Price good for 72hrs

years ago i made a lump grate for my large out of a piece of hastalloy sheet metal. google says that piece is $ 446.00 right now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    WeberWho said:
    I went to the stealership to day and looked at the new demo that came in a couple of hours earlier. The one that I ordered is white where this one is black and the interior is a light gray.

I usually have an idea of the make when I see a new vehicle. I'm clueless on this one. What am I looking at? Oh and congrats!
    That is a VW ID4 electric car. It isn’t mine, it’s the dealership demo car. Mine is white on the outside and light gray on the inside. VW emailed me that they have built mine but it hasn’t been put on the ship yet. Still think it will be about 2 weeks.
    Report back. I'm thinking of getting a Mach E if gas reaches $3.50 a gallon.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    RyanStl said:
    WeberWho said:
    I went to the stealership to day and looked at the new demo that came in a couple of hours earlier. The one that I ordered is white where this one is black and the interior is a light gray.

I usually have an idea of the make when I see a new vehicle. I'm clueless on this one. What am I looking at? Oh and congrats!
    That is a VW ID4 electric car. It isn’t mine, it’s the dealership demo car. Mine is white on the outside and light gray on the inside. VW emailed me that they have built mine but it hasn’t been put on the ship yet. Still think it will be about 2 weeks.
    Report back. I'm thinking of getting a Mach E if gas reaches $3.50 a gallon.
    As of a few minutes ago it still hasn’t reached the US. You can find all sorts of comparison videos on YouTube and insideevs.com. Basically people who like Tesla’s like the Mach E and people who like RAV 4s and CRVs like the ID4. 
    I would go ahead and put down a deposit on one of the two because I expect gas to get that high by late summer. You can always cancel and get the deposit refunded.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SWMBO is planning on buying a new car at the end of the year.  Probably a 2022 BMW X3 PHEV (hybrid).   I'll be putting a charging station in for us and to share with our neighbors (we share a driveway).

I plan on buying her 2017 Q5.  Will be nice to have something with all the bells and whistles after driving old cars/trucks forever.

SWMBO is planning on buying a new car at the end of the year.  Probably a 2022 BMW X3 PHEV (hybrid).   I'll be putting a charging station in for us and to share with our neighbors (we share a driveway).

I plan on buying her 2017 Q5.  Will be nice to have something with all the bells and whistles after driving old cars/trucks forever.

Doesn't the station get installed free to you?   My SIL bought a volt years back and station was installed free to them.  I don't know much more about it.  @nolaegghead
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    kl8ton said:

Doesn't the station get installed free to you?   My SIL bought a volt years back and station was installed free to them.  I don't know much more about it.  @nolaegghead
    Honestly, I don't know.  That would be nice.

My buddy with a Tesla had a special meter and feed installed to charge his.  It gives him a super low rate on electricity on the off-hours (at night).  Although I think the rate is higher during prime time.  He's in Appleton, WI.

kl8ton said:

My buddy with a Tesla had a special meter and feed installed to charge his.  It gives him a super low rate on electricity on the off-hours (at night).  Although I think the rate is higher during prime time.  He's in Appleton, WI.

The cars here usually come with a 3 kW charger that you can plug into a normal socket. PHEVs have a small battery, 3 kW may be enough. If you want more output, you can buy the charger module and socket and make your own panel.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

I
    I do remember they were billed at a lower rate for charging the vehicle. It was the fast charger.... at least the fastest available at the time.  The volt is gone. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I just saw this in Gulfport Mississippi.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    kl8ton said:

Those are made in UT and are really nice.  If I had the need to haul more than 2 bikes I would go with this or and Alta Rack.  If you have kids bikes make sure they fit some of those hanging racks won’t work with the smaller frames/wheel sizes. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    kl8ton said:

Specifically made for the Brady Bunch. That many bikes will need a third row bench for passengers in that car.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

Specifically made for the Brady Bunch. That many bikes will need a third row bench for passengers in that car.

I currently have 8 kids in the house (ages 5-15) and an 11 passenger Ford Excursion.  The bike rack doubles as a vertical storage rack for the garage, which I am looking forward to. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    kl8ton said:

I'd be concerned that every rack I've ever owned held the bikes they were supposed to, IF they all happened to nest perfectly. Somebody always has to have something different, that doesn't fit!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I decided to treat myself last night with a ColorDMD for my Baywatch pinball machine. Can't wait to install.

• nolaegghead
    Some shop tools came in today.. 
    Give the kitty the box @nolaegghead