Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Don’t Understand this Forum?

Comments

• “2am in the morning”

this post has been reported to the Department of Redundancy Department
  • This place will be boring for the next 4 years.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    This where lump prices are tracked closer than the stock market 
    Btw, this is one of the only places where you can have a cook going sideways at 2am in the morning and you will get help.
    @DainW and @PigBeanUs  - I agree with Ozzie. Take a look at my first cooking post here to see why.

I was impressed by the thoughtful comments and suggestions for a newbie's first documented cook. The only thing I can complain about is that the times of the comments are missing after a post is archived, otherwise you could follow the timeline and see what Ozzie meant. I do know I was the only one awake in our house when I cut the meat after letting it rest.

That experience in 2017 is why I'm still a member of this forum. The people who care will comment and help. It is what this forum was back then and it still can be today. 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1206417/first-cooking-post-first-rolled-brisket/p1
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Bacon wrapped stuffed dates tonight thanks @legume
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited February 2021
    PigBeanUs said:
    “2am in the morning”

this post has been reported to the Department of Redundancy Department
    Speaking of time, why do ppl use 12am or 12pm, why not 12noon or 12midnight?

Actually, 12midnight could be confusing/ambiguous too, is it the end or start of day.

True story, our kid's graduating class booked an after prom midnight boat cruise. Huge disappointment for the kids when the boat was MIA, thanks to the 12 am/pm mix up  :o
    canuckland
  • DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Okay I think I’ve figured out what’s going on here. One of my other interests is fly fishing. My local river has a forum, of which I consider myself one of the regulars, been a member for 5-6 yrs now. All of the discussion revolves around fly fishing in some form or another. Sometimes the forum is absolutely dead. Sometimes there’s a lot going. Anyway, this is the exact opposite of that, except for cooking. Anyway, never a dull moment around here from what I can tell so far, and also some pretty damn good cooks, when they do occasionally post something cooking related. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    What bugs me is a beautiful cook that's been viewed 100 times but had 3 "likes".  How hard is it to click "like"?
    I hit “agree” just to fill out the set😎
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sea2Ski said:

I’m amazed that pics from the 90’s post right side up,   but pics from the 2020’s don’t. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I used to moderate a Harley Davidson forum for a few years. This is mild abeit more political...
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I’ll start a “tips and tricks” thread. I’m cooking wings, and we all know the story. Raised direct 375-400 until done, or the ten other variants. But, I’ve got an indicator that tells me the wings are done. That’s the only interesting part, maybe folks will post their own tips and tricks. Those nuggets of information on when to call a cook done are pretty useful. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Chicken Wings. Love them. Soooooo what is your tip?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    YukonRon said:
    Glad you asked :)

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1227305/tips-and-tricks-what-s-the-key-to-your-cook#latest

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    Glad you asked :)

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1227305/tips-and-tricks-what-s-the-key-to-your-cook#latest

You da man. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2021
    DainW said:
    Not sure I understand what’s going on here? 
    In many ways this forum is a lot like a rectum. Once you open it up and start exploring deep inside you never know what kind of sh&t you will find. All kind of various turds here.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Wait,  there's food threads on here too?  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SonVolt said:
    ....... I stuck the fork in my butt......

Hence the browned butter.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Bacon wrapped stuffed dates tonight thanks @legume
    That's a good one.
  • Eoin said:
    That's a good one.
     Stuffed the dates last night using warm cream cheese and bbq injector syringe no needle. She wants goat cheese next, not sure how that is going to work. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Eoin said:
    That's a good one.
     Stuffed the dates last night using warm cream cheese and bbq injector syringe no needle. She wants goat cheese next, not sure how that is going to work. 

It will work.  Sounds great.
    NOLA
  •  Stuffed the dates last night using warm cream cheese and bbq injector syringe no needle. She wants goat cheese next, not sure how that is going to work. 
    That’s almost dirty-talk. I have the weirdest.... right now
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Ha, didn't know about the fork thing, lol.
  • CPFC1905
    edited February 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    Wait,  there's food threads on here too?  
    Ok, who flagged that?  Sneaky,  you must have done it while I was reading the 'what you buying'  or  'what you are drinking'  or ' what are you doing v1 and v2' threads.
  • Hang in there, I didn’t understand this forum when I was a noob either.  It took some time but then I realized how it reminds me of the locker room before a big fencing meet.  Lots of hijinx and everyone is talking about so many different things and taking swipes at each other but it’s just the anxiety.  Everyone really loves each other.
  • CPFC1905
    Hang in there, I didn’t understand this forum when I was a noob either.  It took some time but then I realized how it reminds me of the locker room before a big fencing meet.  Lots of hijinx and everyone is talking about so many different things and taking swipes at each other but it’s just the anxiety.  Everyone really loves each other.
    Featheredge, overlap or chain link?