Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Busy day and late getting the grub together so the egg is multitasking making ABT’s, stuffed shrooms, and prime strips on for the start of the reverse sear.

Edit: Go BUCKS!!!!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    "Epic Boogers" WBAGNFARB.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Made this cornbread tonight. Very dense cornbread from SC. Old school corn and grinding rules back from a 100 years or so. Get you some if you can.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How many hotdogs again?
    Options
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    During my walk yesterday, I passed a neighbor who, apparently, couldn't stand his hair anymore (he did have quite the headful).  He was sitting in the center of his backyard (was 32º out), a towel wrapped around his neck, and his obviously-nervous wife was trying to figure out how to turn on an electric clipper.  They were already snapping at each other, and after I rounded the corner I heard him yell, I think some blood was spilled.  
    Interesting times.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    Spent 4 hours chasing a gremlin controller this morning. Successfully Exorcised it of its demons. Not a productive day, followed by avoiding discussions about the clinic Alabama put on last night.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just got the government tracker chip installed. Tried to get a picture for the ‘gram, but something about HIPPA. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - that looks awesome.  What do you dust the top of the rice with there?  I can identify the black sesame seeds but what else is on there?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - it is Shichimi Togarashi.  It’s a Japanese pepper blend and all @caliking fault that I have multiple bottles of it.  Lol 

https://www.amazon.com/House-Shichimi-Togarashi-Japanese-Pepper/dp/B0002YGSJQ

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - it is Shichimi Togarashi.  It’s a Japanese pepper blend and all @caliking fault that I have multiple bottles of it.  Lol 

https://www.amazon.com/House-Shichimi-Togarashi-Japanese-Pepper/dp/B0002YGSJQ

Thanks.   Many of us have @caliking to blame for various things in our cupboards!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Well this hasn't aged well.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    @SonVolt - should have posted that elsewhere like some thread in the Off Topic section.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Is parler still offline? 
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Well this hasn't aged well.

Hint:  She wasn’t actually talking about vote fraud or count. 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Chicken thighs with DP Bombay Curryish cooked in iron skillet on roccbox

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    The nation and constitution come first.  If you can't get that then go somewhere that US citizens are allowed given how we have hosed the whole COVID pandemic.  (Hint: short list.) 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    As a side gig I am pursuing a Headliner for the Friday night Zoom session.  I am cautiously optimistic.  Consider this a tease.  Regardless, I will bump the Friday alertment thread Thursday AM.
    Stay healthy and safe.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Watching the price is right
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Into the Dutch oven after smoking for 1.5 hours
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Botch said:
    During my walk yesterday, I passed a neighbor who, apparently, couldn't stand his hair anymore (he did have quite the headful).  He was sitting in the center of his backyard (was 32º out), a towel wrapped around his neck, and his obviously-nervous wife was trying to figure out how to turn on an electric clipper.  They were already snapping at each other, and after I rounded the corner I heard him yell, I think some blood was spilled.  
    Interesting times.    
    First time my wife cut my hair took place in the garage. I thought the gimp was coming. Now that no blood is shed she wields the clippers inside. I haven’t gone to the barber in about 10 months and have the same haircut as a lot of other folks!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i have the same haircut that i had 10 months ago, its just longer now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Had lunch with two close friends who I’ve not seen in 6 months. Good stuff
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Botch said:
    Interesting times.    
    First time my wife cut my hair took place in the garage. I thought the gimp was coming. Now that no blood is shed she wields the clippers inside. I haven’t gone to the barber in about 10 months and have the same haircut as a lot of other folks!
    That is fair game.......but what evea you do, don't let your wife near your junk with a pair of scissors or electric clippers. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    i have the same haircut that i had 10 months ago, its just longer now
    I crossed the one year mark earlier this year. Growing long......well except for a few areas that seem to be growing backwards.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow