Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,535
    Options
    lousubcap said:

All of them really opened up with a bit of water after the neat round.  
    The change in taste and finish was quite noticeable on the second neat taste for the Elijah Craig 12 yr old over the others.
    I don't drink anything stronger than port, but I recently watched a "whiskey tasting/tour" video from that Babish guy.  He was using an eyedropper to add precise amounts of ice water (not tap water) to his shots; quite high-falutin'...

My only claim to "high-falutin' " was my 6-pour, vertical winetasting of Caymus cabs.  My winetasting club was invited to "Jim's" home that month, another retired Navy Captain.  He'd moved here from CA, and fortunately the utard DABC wasn't tipped off about his huge wine shipment during the move (his basement wine room was slightly larger than my living room, and was stocked to the gills; he and his wife discovered Caymus before the rest of the world did).  
    I could taste subtle differences between the years, but I could not pick a favorite; all were so... deep.   :)

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Botch   I always thought it was spelled highpolutin Learned something new. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Laughing every time I see another one of those Progressive Insurance commercials with Dr. Rick.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    I was getting a small misfire with my truck the last few days. I tossed in some new wires and plugs this evening. All good to go now. Feels good to get that out of the way.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options
    Laughing every time I see another one of those Progressive Insurance commercials with Dr. Rick.
    Is this hashtagging?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just ordered some rub from Central BBQ in Memphis
    That’s my favorite BBQ in Memphis. Did you get just the rib rub or did you get the jerk and shake too?  I love the shake I put that sheet on everything. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options
    Watching 11 turkeys feed out in my greenfield.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:

All of them really opened up with a bit of water after the neat round.  
    The change in taste and finish was quite noticeable on the second neat taste for the Elijah Craig 12 yr old over the others.
    I don't drink anything stronger than port, but I recently watched a "whiskey tasting/tour" video from that Babish guy.  He was using an eyedropper to add precise amounts of ice water (not tap water) to his shots; quite high-falutin'...

My only claim to "high-falutin' " was my 6-pour, vertical winetasting of Caymus cabs.  My winetasting club was invited to "Jim's" home that month, another retired Navy Captain.  He'd moved here from CA, and fortunately the utard DABC wasn't tipped off about his huge wine shipment during the move (his basement wine room was slightly larger than my living room, and was stocked to the gills; he and his wife discovered Caymus before the rest of the world did).  
    I could taste subtle differences between the years, but I could not pick a favorite; all were so... deep.   :)
    I used to drink Jim Beam, back in the late 70's and early 80's. Only the aged eight to fifteen year stuff. But I soon switched to wine. I remember the first trip I made to Caymus. Charlie was still running the tasting room out of his garage. When we pulled up, there was no one there, just some guy mowing the lawn. He got off his rider and introduced himself as the owner/winemaker. Them was the good old days! I used to buy Caymus on sale for my regular Friday night drinking. It was around $15 to $18 a bottle. 

After Chuck took over and the new big fancy tasting room was built, the price went to about $60 dollars, and I don't buy it anymore. I have had the Special Selection a few times, and it is good, but too expensive for regular tippling.

Napa makes great wines, but just the 'Napa' on the label doubles the price, and it gets way too crowded. We don't go up there a lot any more; only for special occasions.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @Botch   I always thought it wasi spelled highpolutin Learned something new. 
    You thought about spelling? Classic 😂

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Courtesy of the OED:

Interesting that there is no consensus re the etymology of “-falutin”
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,535
    Options
    Burning chicken wings.  Again.   :s 

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Fired up the little PK for fillets. My boys 4th birthday is today and he asked for steaks.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    It never fail. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Lit said:
    Fired up the little PK for fillets. My boys 4th birthday is today and he asked for steaks.
    I wish your son a very happy and healthy birthday. And I wish him many more to come  🥳 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,463
    Options
    It never fail. 
    Except he fell short. As per usual. Woulda been a tremendous upset for Buffalo
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options
    Mounted a tv/monitor on the wall in my office. Rearranged the rest of the furniture so the BarcaLounger fit nicely in the corner. Funny how that works out. 😀 Now I just need my sammich maker to make me a sammich. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited January 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    I wish your son a very happy and healthy birthday. And I wish him many more to come  🥳 
    Thanks you sir was a good day. Steaks came out good. Hot tubbed then indirect to 118 then seared.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Thanks you sir was a good day. Steaks came out good. Hot tubbed then indirect to 118 then seared.
    Great cook and Takeda. Amazing, amazing knife. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Two weekends in a row - beautiful snow. 
    We’re expecting up to 10” locally. Not much for some of you folks but this is Central Texas. 

That's more than I have here in Grand Rapids MI.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options

Traeger bacon

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just ordered some rub from Central BBQ in Memphis
    That’s my favorite BBQ in Memphis. Did you get just the rib rub or did you get the jerk and shake too?  I love the shake I put that sheet on everything. 

I got 4 bottles of rib rub and two of shake. I look forward to trying the shake and would love to hear about the "everything" you use it on.  I remember seeing a rib post from you and thinking, man that color looks very familiar!

I brought home 3 bottles of rib rub from Memphis in February, and gave two of them away.  i was going back at the end of March, so a resupply was right around the corner... Ummmm, not so much.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Enjoying a rare North Texas Snowfall. It’s not much of anything but I’ll take it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95