Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @SciAggie I didn’t think your area could look more beautiful.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @SciAggie I didn’t think your area could look more beautiful.   
    Thanks. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    If you can see that patio set, it ain’t coming down *that* hard!

kinda like new englanders saying “whew! 94° today” to a texan!

:) 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Bout to watch the Saints do work against the Bears. Who Dat!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Did "oven-fried" wangs this weekend again.  I tried Kenji's recipe this time, which is very easy to remember:  for every 1 lb cheekun, use 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp cornstarch.  This gave me the best skin yet, and will be my go-to from now on.
    For some reason, wangs cook a lot quicker on my Egg than they did in either Chef John/Kenji's recipes, they go for at least 40 minutes at 450º, my wangs burned yesterday.  Today, I dropped to 400º, checked 'em at 20 minutes, and the drummettes were already at 185!  Skin was perfect.
    Went Buffalo-style (in honor of their game yesterday), 50/50 melted butter/Franks with a bit of garlic.  No pics, but they were tasty.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    thetrim said:

Steve, remember those are going to hurt if you try to use them as butt plugs again.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ‘Preciate the advice.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Botch said:
    Did "oven-fried" wangs this weekend again.  I tried Kenji's recipe this time, which is very easy to remember:  for every 1 lb cheekun, use 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp cornstarch.  This gave me the best skin yet, and will be my go-to from now on.
    For some reason, wangs cook a lot quicker on my Egg than they did in either Chef John/Kenji's recipes, they go for at least 40 minutes at 450º, my wangs burned yesterday.  Today, I dropped to 400º, checked 'em at 20 minutes, and the drummettes were already at 185!  Skin was perfect.
    Went Buffalo-style (in honor of their game yesterday), 50/50 melted butter/Franks with a bit of garlic.  No pics, but they were tasty.    
    So, you didn’t cook wings then. Got it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Options
    Battleborn said:
    ???

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    Pork chops, chicken stuffed with feta and spinach, lobster tails! Pretty good
    That all looks phenomenal. My kind of meal. Only thing that's missing is a side of meat (-:
    Stillwater, MN
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Botch said:
    Battleborn said:
    ???
    No pics, didn’t happen. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Options
    Oh.  
    I'll take a pic of the wang bones in my trashcan, amongst all the beer bottles and the inflatable I popped the other night.  :tongue:  

• Botch
    Options

...and the browns are now 35-7, end of the half.   :o  

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    A-salted and drying in the fridge for tonight’s game. Some stuffed mushrooms and ABT’s to go on as well.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @FarmingPhD - great marbling right there.  Banquet on the horizon.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My neighbor called me looking for some corn starch.   Told him it would be on the porch swing.
    Your neighbor ... the lawyer?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My neighbor called me looking for some corn starch.   Told him it would be on the porch swing.
    Yep.  He thought it was hilarious.

Last time that happened to me I didn’t think it was funny.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

Don't you just hate it when your cocaine turns out to be just cornstarch?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Total bummer at first, but down the road it does lead to some pretty epic boogers.  Or so I've been told...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Posted in the WYDN thread for gameday drinks, but just wrapped the ribs with an apricot preserve. Finished pics to come

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:

You only do that once. @JohnInCarolina only a rookie would get down the road...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.