Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vaccine Today, here we go!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Or the bleach version.

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/31/covid-vaccines-destroyed-wisconsin-hospital/

Just the start of these kind of shenanigans, I’m afraid.  We are sofa king screwed as a country.
    But John, what about her “beliefs”?!?!  

These are the people who imagined Obama was going to have death panels. And they are actively harming others. 

He/she deserves some mob justice. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    no death panels, jut a death panel princess
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • If we have citizens who have been on the front lines of this pandemic, routinely watching people suffer and die from it, actually choosing to not take the vaccine - we're effed.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bUt mIcRocHipS!!!
  • Q: Have we figured out who the pansy is that flags everything? 
  • It is amazing that 20 to 40 percent of medical professionals are rejecting vaccination. Vaccination has been going on for two full weeks. If people were going to grow warts or turn blue it would have already happened. I might understand their reluctance if they were pregnant . I hope that they give the doses to their janitors and cafeteria staff rather than let them spoil.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    PigBeanUs said:
    Q: Have we figured out who the pansy is that flags everything? 
    Do we care. Every time you see a flag, mark like or agree on the original comment. Nulls out their effect. Life goes on. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    edited December 2020
    It is amazing that 20 to 40 percent of medical professionals are rejecting vaccination. Vaccination has been going on for two full weeks. If people were going to grow warts or turn blue it would have already happened. I might understand their reluctance if they were pregnant . I hope that they give the doses to their janitors and cafeteria staff rather than let them spoil.
    The article just cites areas in southern CA.  It's not a national sample.  The crazy part is that the virus is totally out of control in that region.

I don't know what's going on there, but hopefully it's not indicative of a national trend.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • It is amazing that 20 to 40 percent of medical professionals are rejecting vaccination. Vaccination has been going on for two full weeks. If people were going to grow warts or turn blue it would have already happened. I might understand their reluctance if they were pregnant . I hope that they give the doses to their janitors and cafeteria staff rather than let them spoil.
    The article just cites areas in southern CA.  It's not a national sample.  The crazy part is that the virus is totally out of control in that region.

I don't know what's going on there, but hopefully it's not indicative of a national trend.  
    SoCal, the granola state, full of flakes and nuts. 
  • SamIAm2 said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Do we care. Every time you see a flag, mark like or agree on the original comment. Nulls out their effect. Life goes on. 
    I do not care. Just was wondering whose life is so pathetic. Figured there might be a back story
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    PigBeanUs said:
    I think flags are more sport, than angst or indignation, at this point. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I am sure the great majority's flag attitude is "I don't GAF."  And the flaggot response  is, "I don't GAFE."
    Happy New Year-and it can't get here soon enough!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The troll/abuse flags have become more of an ad hominem attack on the poster's character (and how that person handed the flagger's asś to them on a number of occasions) than the content of the flagged post.
    PigBeanUs said:

He/she deserves some mob justice. 
    I get the sentiment, but mob “justice” is not the answer.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    It is amazing that 20 to 40 percent of medical professionals are rejecting vaccination. Vaccination has been going on for two full weeks. If people were going to grow warts or turn blue it would have already happened. I might understand their reluctance if they were pregnant . I hope that they give the doses to their janitors and cafeteria staff rather than let them spoil.

The 80's called. They want their cliche back.

Also, Florida man on line 2.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited December 2020
    On the news here they reported that only %40 of assisted living employees were taking the vax.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmchicago said:

The 80's called. They want their cliche back.

Also, Florida man on line 2.
    Is it inaccurate? Also I modified it to fit today’s culture. 
  • On the news here they reported that only %40 of assisted living employees were taking the vax.
    Old people are lining up in a parking lot in Florida for vaccine. First com first serve if they are over 65. At least it is going into arms. My own state was on the front page of the USA Today for only having used a little over 10% of the vaccine that they had been provided. I guess that I can’t say Floriduh anymore.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's true that two thirds of the nuts and fruits come from California.  Also 34% voted for the orange person.  So in a way, you could say they have both nuts and flakes.
    For a thread that was s’posed to be apolitical - we certainly seem to have left that guardrail in the rear view mirror. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • I didn’t mention anything voting related.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    On the news here they reported that only %40 of assisted living employees were taking the vax.
    Old people are lining up in a parking lot in Florida for vaccine. First com first serve if they are over 65. At least it is going into arms. My own state was on the front page of the USA Today for only having used a little over 10% of the vaccine that they had been provided. I guess that I can’t say Floriduh anymore.
    Not first come, first served and lining up in a parking lot in our county. The Brevard County Department of Health opened up it's facility in Viera to people 65 and over who had to go online and pre-register, select a date and time, and fill out an online form.  When successful, they were given a ticket to print and bring with them at their selected time. Spots were every 15 minutes starting at 8:30 am on Jan 5 and ending at 11:45 each day with the last time available on Jan 29. Slots were gone quite rapidly. Currently waiting for the next delivery for February to get a slot. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    PigBeanUs said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    I do not care. Just was wondering whose life is so pathetic. Figured there might be a back story
    Consider them a fan club. They read everything we post and hang on our every word.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited January 2021
    Was just perusing a series of unbelievably horrible stock photos and this one was on the list....

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I’m hoping distribution gets a lot better when it moves out of hospitals. The standard way to get a vaccine at a hospital is to make an office visit appointment, which easily takes an hour. Not efficient. 

Rollout at hospitals is slow for a lot of other reasons, too. It’s hard to schedule because not everyone has the same employer so there isn’t one list of who needs it. And there’s no dedicated staff sitting around waiting to give it. They have other jobs to do.

But these are all solvable problems. I hope they get the vaccine out into more distribution channels and publicize who’s doing a good job. 

I’m not sure I buy these numbers about healthcare workers who don’t want the shot. I have one coworker who says she’ll wait and see but everyone else is enthusiastic to get it ASAP. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    blind99 said:
    I’m hoping distribution gets a lot better when it moves out of hospitals. The standard way to get a vaccine at a hospital is to make an office visit appointment, which easily takes an hour. Not efficient. 

Rollout at hospitals is slow for a lot of other reasons, too. It’s hard to schedule because not everyone has the same employer so there isn’t one list of who needs it. And there’s no dedicated staff sitting around waiting to give it. They have other jobs to do.

But these are all solvable problems. I hope they get the vaccine out into more distribution channels and publicize who’s doing a good job. 

I’m not sure I buy these numbers about healthcare workers who don’t want the shot. I have one coworker who says she’ll wait and see but everyone else is enthusiastic to get it ASAP. 
    I saw one survey which stated that 40% of nurses surveyed planned on declining to get vaccinated. Don't remember where this was reported, but the sample size wasn't big. And that seems to be the survey referenced just about everywhere. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    SciAggie said:
    I was emailed today that I might get the vaccine as early as Monday. 
    Great news Gary.  Is this d/t you being a teacher?