Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Lit said:
    Lol, poor little 
    Your the one with a son that likes to suck dlck and a wife that doesnt. Poor you.
    I realize it will be a challenge, but at least *try* to elevate your troll above the 8th grade playground.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    15 Off Everything
    edited December 2020
    PigBeanUs said:
    I’m not nola. Try to keep up. 

I knew you were a little slow to figure things out, but jeezus. 
    But wait, I am not Nola.  How can we both not be Nola?
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    PigBeanUs said:

You just wish you were Nola
  • Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

If you remove the racism, misogyny, sexism, LGBTQ+ hate, and general rage indiced assholery, you are a pretty nice guy.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

If you remove the racism, misogyny, sexism, LGBTQ+ hate, and general rage indiced assholery, you are a pretty nice guy.
    You left out a few other character deficits 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    For someone that said they were quitting the forum and even asked the Buffalo to delete their account that Lit fellow sure posts a lot.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

The real kicker is, I feel bad when everyone comes down on you .... then you pull a string like the last few pages and I get where they are coming from and I know why other members do not jump in to defend you.
  • In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2020
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

The real kicker is, I feel bad when everyone comes down on you .... then you pull a string like the last few pages and I get where they are coming from and I know why other members do not jump in to defend you.
    You mean Nola and John and their 3 friends

Edit - and their 30 troll accounts
  • In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
    THat’S eXaCtLy wHat a ***** wOuLd sAy!!
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    edited December 2020
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Gosh you’re such a D!ck...   if I were you I would kick my own @ss.  Now shut up and go to sleep Corky
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • frazzdaddy
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Gosh your such a D!ck...   if I were you I would kick my own @ss.  Now shut up and go to sleep Corky
    LMAO
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • PigBeanUs said:
    In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
    Though you might find it scandalous, my gym partner for a couple years was gay (and also a visible minority)!
  • frazzdaddy
    PigBeanUs said:
    In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
    Though you might find it scandalous, my gym partner for a couple years was gay (and also a visible minority)!
    Size isn't everything.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    HeavyG said:
    I am really just accustomed to sharpening by habit.  I was a chef for years in college and one of the first things I'd do is wet stone sharpen all my knives and I'd steel them a few times in a shift.  Same steel you have, angle might be different. I have crappy cutting boards.  My edge grain is HUGE so I don't break that out unless I'm cooking for a big party.

I've been planning on making an edge grain cutting table, but it's not that high on my priority list.
    What culinary school did you graduate from? 
    It was a job title.  I was "head chef".  Sure, technically  I should be technically trained, inferring a chef school.  I was not.  It was an upscale restaurant where I was doing technical some technical cooking but I wasn't creating new dishes except for off-menu stuff that goes on the chalkboard.

The word "chef" is derived from the term chef de cuisine (French pronunciation: ​[ʃɛf. də. kɥi. zin]), the director or head of a kitchen.

Thanks for your research. It’s a disservice to those who are actually chefs to refer to yourself as one unless you are. I suppose you know that though. Just wanted to sound cooler than head cook. No biggie, just a peeve. No doubt you know your way around the kitchen plenty good enough. 

Surely you're not suggesting that to be properly called a "chef" one has to be a graduate of some culinary school.
    It’s kinda like being the head pro at a golf course vs a PGA professional. The non culinary school path isn’t a short or easy one to be a true chef. Anyone can be called “chef” and if you aren’t actually deserving of that title, it diminishes others. Whatever, if people want to sound cool, that’s fine. No biggie. I’m not a chef. Anyway, I have to get to bed, I have an appointment with Dr. J to look at my sore shoulder. I hope he doesn’t recommend surgery. I sure wish my mother were still alive to “nurse” me back to health. 
    I’m a registered CPA and do not have an an accounting degree - go figure??? 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • PigBeanUs said:
    Size isn't everything.
    “Visible minority”

”size isn’t everything”

that’s some fantastic wit right there. 

• frazzdaddy
    PigBeanUs said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Size isn't everything.
    “Visible minority”

”size isn’t everything”

that’s some fantastic wit right there. 

Glad you're a fan
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    HeavyG said:
    I am really just accustomed to sharpening by habit.  I was a chef for years in college and one of the first things I'd do is wet stone sharpen all my knives and I'd steel them a few times in a shift.  Same steel you have, angle might be different. I have crappy cutting boards.  My edge grain is HUGE so I don't break that out unless I'm cooking for a big party.

I've been planning on making an edge grain cutting table, but it's not that high on my priority list.
    It was a job title.  I was "head chef".  Sure, technically  I should be technically trained, inferring a chef school.  I was not.  It was an upscale restaurant where I was doing technical some technical cooking but I wasn't creating new dishes except for off-menu stuff that goes on the chalkboard.

The word "chef" is derived from the term chef de cuisine (French pronunciation: ​[ʃɛf. də. kɥi. zin]), the director or head of a kitchen.

Thanks for your research. It’s a disservice to those who are actually chefs to refer to yourself as one unless you are. I suppose you know that though. Just wanted to sound cooler than head cook. No biggie, just a peeve. No doubt you know your way around the kitchen plenty good enough. 

Surely you're not suggesting that to be properly called a "chef" one has to be a graduate of some culinary school.
    It’s kinda like being the head pro at a golf course vs a PGA professional. The non culinary school path isn’t a short or easy one to be a true chef. Anyone can be called “chef” and if you aren’t actually deserving of that title, it diminishes others. Whatever, if people want to sound cool, that’s fine. No biggie. I’m not a chef. Anyway, I have to get to bed, I have an appointment with Dr. J to look at my sore shoulder. I hope he doesn’t recommend surgery. I sure wish my mother were still alive to “nurse” me back to health. 

Why don’t you tell us the process? I’m interested. You just walked in the door and started working as a CPA? What does CPA stand for? Did you have to pass a test? Did you have to complete work requirements? Not my field, but I would assume there are some requirements and regulations? No? Can I just be a CPA then? What if I work at an accounting firm and the boss has me do some of his work? Am I a CPA then? Give it a rest. I’m fine with Carey’s response but some of you sycophants  are ridiculous. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2020
    Isn’t this the what are you buying thread? In this thread why the heck should any of us care what someone made for dinner or what the hell certifications they have to do their job. I want to see what you arseholes are buying so I can buy it too. Now get to posting shite that you bought. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG said:

Some of the smartest people I know have no education - and I say that holding a university degree and having a spouse who holds several. My b-I-l, who never finished his university degree, is currently looking at selling a business he bought five years ago for 25 times his purchase price. Pretty amazing return on investment. Some of the best cooks out there have no formal training. When I asked about her background, one of the most talented Eggers in this place, @smokingal, stated she had no kitchen experience, save some time as a cashier at McDonal’s. I miss her posts. Just phenomenal - and self-taught to boot. 
    No argument about the education here. You can’t call yourself an engineer unless you are in fact an engineer. Even if you do engineers work. Doesn’t make you less of a person, but the title has meaning and should be respected. That’s all. 

In my opinion you should not refer to yourself as a chef unless you are either accredited as one or have fulfilled the rigorous training under another for the appropriate time and are fully competent at that time to perform all the duties required of a chef. Doesn’t mean there aren’t great cooks that aren’t chefs. There obviously are. There are cooks that are better than many chefs. Any great cook I know would never refer to themselves as a chef unless they were in fact a chef. It’s a respect thing. People with gravitas show respect and they don’t need the title to speak for them. Carey is an accomplished cook and he probably wouldn’t walk into one of the fine establishments near him and introduce himself as a chef. I’d just bet I’m right. Unless he chuckled after the comment. 
    This right here is a bunch of BS.  And I write that as someone who literally trains engineers, with all of the degrees and certifications and whatnot.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    @TEXASBGE2018, at the recommendation of @caliking, I got 4 of these in the 4mm diameter version, 4 in the 6mm diameter version, and 4 in the 8mm diameter version.

At 39" long, they should fit nicely laying across my XXL with picanha and other things.

Tandoor Oven BBQ Skewers - Round- 4 mm Thickness
    Tandoor Oven BBQ Skewers - Round- 4 mm Thickness

SKU: BBQ-Skewers-R-4  Nishi

$3.00

Default Title - $3.00            
    Minimum order of 4

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• pgprescott
    HeavyG said:

Why don’t you tell us the process? I’m interested. You just walked in the door and started working as a CPA? What does CPA stand for? Did you have to pass a test? Did you have to complete work requirements? Not my field, but I would assume there are some requirements and regulations? No? Can I just be a CPA then? What if I work at an accounting firm and the boss has me do some of his work? Am I a CPA then? Give it a rest. I’m fine with Carey’s response but some of you sycophants  are ridiculous. 
    Never mind @mEGG_My_Day
    I found it myself. 

• Isn’t this the what are you buying thread? In this thread why the heck should any of us care what someone made for dinner or what the hell certifications they have to do their job. I want to see what you arseholes are buying so I can buy it too. Now get to posting shite that you bought. 
    @The_Buffalo fvcked up all the real threads, so we are left to posting where ever and whenever we want.  No rules!  Rock on 🤘🤘
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    @TEXASBGE2018 -  Getting back on topic in this OT thread. :)

Just had this delivered and installed by Home Depot.

Replacing an old Maytag dishwasher (12 Years) that had multiple problems I fixed using Repair Clinic parts. Just did not want to throw more money at the old machine.

printproof-black-stainless-steel-lg-electronics-built-in-dishwashers-ldp6810bd-64printproof-black-stainless-steel-lg-electronics-built-in-dishwashers-ldp6810bd-e1
    LG Model LDP6810BD
    Went with LG brand in 2013 when we purchased their Ultra Large Top load clothing washer. Direct drive motor and no agitator. Thing handles large blankets and comforters so no more going to the Laundromat for us.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • pgprescott
    HeavyG said:

Some of the smartest people I know have no education - and I say that holding a university degree and having a spouse who holds several. My b-I-l, who never finished his university degree, is currently looking at selling a business he bought five years ago for 25 times his purchase price. Pretty amazing return on investment. Some of the best cooks out there have no formal training. When I asked about her background, one of the most talented Eggers in this place, @smokingal, stated she had no kitchen experience, save some time as a cashier at McDonal’s. I miss her posts. Just phenomenal - and self-taught to boot. 
    No argument about the education here. You can’t call yourself an engineer unless you are in fact an engineer. Even if you do engineers work. Doesn’t make you less of a person, but the title has meaning and should be respected. That’s all. 

In my opinion you should not refer to yourself as a chef unless you are either accredited as one or have fulfilled the rigorous training under another for the appropriate time and are fully competent at that time to perform all the duties required of a chef. Doesn’t mean there aren’t great cooks that aren’t chefs. There obviously are. There are cooks that are better than many chefs. Any great cook I know would never refer to themselves as a chef unless they were in fact a chef. It’s a respect thing. People with gravitas show respect and they don’t need the title to speak for them. Carey is an accomplished cook and he probably wouldn’t walk into one of the fine establishments near him and introduce himself as a chef. I’d just bet I’m right. Unless he chuckled after the comment. 
    This right here is a bunch of BS.  And I write that as someone who literally trains engineers, with all of the degrees and certifications and whatnot.  

What part is BS? The engineering part? 

Wait a minute I’m at the drive up and need to order my fries from the chef. 

Ok I’m back. Go ahead. 😂
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited December 2020
    HeavyG said:

Never mind @mEGG_My_Day
    I found it myself. 

Sorry - not trying to be argumentative.  Just saying their are exceptions to everything.  I majored in Industrial Engineering and got a job out of school at one of the large accounting firms on the consulting side designing accounting procedures and implementing accounting systems.  Creating efficient processes was very relevant to my studies in college. I did a lot of self study and received an exception from the state that allowed me to take the exam without the required college credits.  Nothing more interesting to the story - just that I learned it on my own. The state made an exception and awarded me a license based on my work experience and the results of my CPA exam.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • pgprescott
    edited December 2020
    HeavyG said:

Never mind @mEGG_My_Day
    I found it myself. 

Sorry - not trying to be argumentative.  Just saying their are exceptions to everything.  I majored in Industrial Engineering and got a job out of school at one of the large accounting firms on the consulting side designing accounting procedures and implementing accounting systems.  Creating efficient processes was very relevant to my studies in college. I did a lot of self study and received an exception from the state that allowed me to take the exam without the required college credits.  Nothing more interesting to the story - just that I learned it on my own. 
    But you passed the exam, right? Gotcha. 

You had to get a certificate? No? 

That’s a great story and I would imagine you are a diligent and relentless individual. Kudos to you. 

Prolly should have just called yourself a CPA when you went to work at the large accounting firm. Much easier. I’m sure none of the CPA folks would have been offended or cared. Especially since you were obviously good at it. 

Now that’s some streamlined processes that a trained IE can get behind I’m sure. 

I think you missed my original point but hey, it’s not very important anyway. 
  • What is your job title, Pete? @pgprescott
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY