Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2020
    Options
    HogFather said:
    What is your job title, Pete? @pgprescott
    Head Chef. 

Hell it could be anything I brushed up against in my life. 

Counselor?  You know I like to give advice. 

coach? I’ve done it. 

Doctor? I have dispensed aspirin and administered first aid on multiple
    occasions. 

Professor? I have to teach guys like you all the time. 

😂
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HogFather said:
    I think it might be "Executive Dbag"
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Ok - sorry for getting off topic - purchased a new 4Runner last month

I have always admired the 4Runner. Could never sell it to swmbo. Too big for her. Boo! 

Enjoy! She’s a beaute 
  • pgprescott
    edited December 2020
    Options
    HogFather said:
    All the degrees and letters after your name and that’s your non argument, argument. Typical. 

You guys are way too sensitive. Like I said before, I’m fine with Carey’s response yesterday. 

I won’t title myself something I’m not, so no , not Executive Dbag. 
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options

Good choice!  My wife drives one too!  Not the Luxe version though, she had the Off-road version.

Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HogFather said:
    All the degrees and letters after your name and that’s your non argument, argument. Typical. 

Yes, you are right.  
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

Good choice!  My wife drives one too!  Not the Luxe version though, she had the Off-road version.

Nice!! I drove a 2007 for 13 years till I purchased the new one.  I hated selling the old one, but it was time to move on for a verity of reasons. Truth be told, I really like the look of your wive’s better than mine.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HogFather said:

Yes, you are right.  
    It’s self evident John. You didn’t have to acquiesce. 

But thanks anyway. Cheers!
  • JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yes I'm a computer geek.
    What did you pay for that, if you don't mind me asking?  My son is looking to upgrade his.
    Retail price straight from eVGA, about$800 plus tax. If you aren't already in the queue it will be months to get one these days unless you are lucky and find one a random one in stock somewhere or want to pay ebay scalper prices. Just for reference I signed up for the queue on 10/29.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
    THat’S eXaCtLy wHat a ***** wOuLd sAy!!
    Though you might find it scandalous, my gym partner for a couple years was gay (and also a visible minority)!
    Size isn't everything.
    Is that what your wife tells you?
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    In my experience, those who are most secure in their sexuality are also those who concern themselves the least with the orientation of others. 
    Though you might find it scandalous, my gym partner for a couple years was gay (and also a visible minority)!
    Size isn't everything.

It is time for the members here to stop responding to Lit's insults.  The more you respond, the more satisfaction he gets from getting under your skin.  If he is ignored, then he won't have any fun and may actually start to post some stuff that is worth while.

I have had to deal with a mentally ill person on my job for a number of years.  This lady simply lived to create misery for others.  If you said that it was a nice day, she would tell you why it wasn't.  She had to argue about everything.  The only way to deal with her was to not give her anything to argue about.  I think the same applies here.  Don't feed the trolls!  I know that it is difficult to not respond to the insults but it is probably the only way to make this a better forum.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Lit
    Options
    QDude said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Size isn't everything.

It is time for the members here to stop responding to Lit's insults.  The more you respond, the more satisfaction he gets from getting under your skin.  If he is ignored, then he won't have any fun and may actually start to post some stuff that is worth while.

I have had to deal with a mentally ill person on my job for a number of years.  This lady simply lived to create misery for others.  If you said that it was a nice day, she would tell you why it wasn't.  She had to argue about everything.  The only way to deal with her was to not give her anything to argue about.  I think the same applies here.  Don't feed the trolls!  I know that it is difficult to not respond to the insults but it is probably the only way to make this a better forum.
    Are you kidding? I have 1 account i use and have used for close to 15 years on this forum. They have like 30 troll accounts. How am i the troll?                       

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    QDude said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Size isn't everything.

Are you kidding? I have 1 account i use and have used for close to 15 years on this forum. They have like 30 troll accounts. How am i the troll?                       

And to add on these same guys have done the same thing to other good posters in the past that were also way better cooks than them. Focker could cook way better than these guys but they disnt get along with him. They ended up digging up pictures of his sister i believe it was online and posting her pictures on the forum. You dont know all the crap these guys have done. John gave RRP so much crap he quit posting for a long time a couple years ago. These guys are straight up douche bags go look through some of their older posts.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @QDude: Once you understand the motivation for vitriol, it no longer gets under your skin. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Lit said:

And to add on these same guys have done the same thing to other good posters in the past that were also way better cooks than them. Focker could cook way better than these guys but they disnt get along with him. They ended up digging up pictures of his sister i believe it was online and posting her pictures on the forum. You dont know all the crap these guys have done. John gave RRP so much crap he quit posting for a long time a couple years ago. These guys are straight up douche bags go look through some of their older posts.
    IMAX theaters have smaller projection units.

This is pretty rich coming from the guy who mercilessly trolled the same forum member over a physical impairment for months.  A search of your own posts really does make it clear who the real dbag is here.   
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    You could tell focker was a better cook because of his photos. His photos were better than other people’s, and we all know that means the food is better. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    You could tell focker was a better cook because of his photos. His photos were better than other people’s, and we all know that means the food is better. 

“Do you even eat with your eyes, bro?“
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:

This is pretty rich coming from the guy who mercilessly trolled the same forum member over a physical impairment for months.  A search of your own posts really does make it clear who the real dbag is here.   
    Who did i troll over a physical impairment?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I’ll PM you the screen shots of your own posts, since you’ve obviously forgotten or are just playing dumb.  Of course it is also possible that you simply are dumb.  That seems equally likely at this point.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I’ll PM you the screen shots of your own posts, since you’ve obviously forgotten or are just playing dumb.  Of course it is also possible that you simply are dumb.  That seems equally likely at this point.
    Just post it here i want to see
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You appear to have me confused with someone who cares one iota about what you want.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You appear to have me confused with someone who cares one iota about what you want.
    Cause your making it up. Douche bag
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I will send the screen shots to anyone here who finds you more credible than me on this topic.  Somehow I’m guessing I won’t be getting very many requests, but we’ll see.  

And it’s “you’re” by the way.  You’d think someone with a degree in finance would’ve learned that by now, but I guess some men you just can’t reach.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Nope, I called you out on it last year. You did it over a period of months. You are an unmitigated pos.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Nope, I called you out on it last year. You did it over a period of months. You are an unmitigated pos.
    Who then? If i did it why cant you guys post the screen shots. You guys are the cancer on this forum
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Who then? If i did it why cant you guys post the screen shots. You guys are the cancer on this forum
    We’re not because they really are pretty obnoxious and offensive to the forum member involved.  It’s pretty simple.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

We’re not because they really are pretty obnoxious and offensive to the forum member involved.  It’s pretty simple.
    BS i have never made fun of someone over a physical impairment
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

"likely"?? There's still uncertainty? :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    its encouraging to see diligence, determination, and ambition in action.

'Coz you can't be a dickhead all day, unless you start early in the morning.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,379
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Many members ridiculed another member for a physical impairment. I both recall it and have seen screen shots.

I suspect the reason @JohnInCarolina is not posting it is because he doesn’t want to further ridicule the targets. 

Now perhaps we can all move on and start showing some kindness to one another.