Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    edited December 2020
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me just how fragile some "adults" can be. I didn't intend to create any drama over using an AOC tweet. Hers just happened to be the most recent one in my feed which had the Begnaud tweet with the video clip when I thought some folks here might be curious to see the actual event since it was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    My bad.
    I swear some folks should just keep their binky on a necklace so it can be readily available whenever they feel stressed.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    It never ceases to amaze me just how fragile some "adults" can be. I didn't intend to create any drama over using an AOC tweet. Hers just happened to be the most recent one in my feed which had the Begnaud tweet with the video clip when I thought some folks here might be curious to see the actual event since it was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    My bad.
    I swear some folks should just keep their binky on a necklace so it can be readily available whenever they feel stressed.

Come on man.  You may not have intended anything but it’s really not that hard to anticipate the reaction to that.

I don’t know why I bother.  I really couldn’t care less about this thread.  If you guys want to blow it up with this kind of thing I’m not going to stop you or police it any more.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @HeavyG totally cool.  I get that you didn't intend to do that. I mean, you were probably gonna post a cook, but then saw the AOC tweet and just got distracted.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    500 said:
    Playing pinball. 

Good lord, dude. Hide those unsightly power cords.

Otherwise, sweeet. 😎 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    We all need to lighten up a bit, It's going to be a long tough winter. I have a feeling this forum community will help with that.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We all need to lighten up a bit, It's going to be a long tough winter. I have a feeling this forum community will help with that.
    Good boy
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @GATraveller thanks for sharing that.  I have a campsite at a dark sky certified FL State Park for that night. It will be cool to watch.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Lit said:
    Good boy
    Lol, even you Lit.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    @GATraveller Thanks for the reminder and the link.  Hoping for clear skies for everyone out watching.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations- Looks like a nice bottle of North America's version of Moet Chandon (great call if it is) on that rig in the second pic.  
    Regardless, beautiful home and art.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Watching the hearings in GA MI PA and NV this week, the voter fraud appears to be rampant. Looks like to me we will end up having four more years of a Trump presidency. 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• PigBeanUs
    Options

“Hearings”

”appears to be”

”looks to me”

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Watching the hearings in GA MI PA and NV this week, the voter fraud appears to be rampant. Looks like to me we will end up having four more years of a Trump presidency. 
    Yes, you are right.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations- Looks like a nice bottle of North America's version of Moet Chandon (great call if it is) on that rig in the second pic.  
    Regardless, beautiful home and art.
    Thanks, Frank. Nothing wrong with your eyesight! And here I thought you only had an eye for the brown water bottles!

The bottle you spotted is in fact the original Moët from the Champagne region of France. I didn’t know a NA version existed(?). The difference with this particular bottle is that it has been adorned with a number of Swarovski crystals. I’m not usually one for keeping empty bottles, but this one is special to us - it was a gift in honour of our wedding some 12 years ago. It had been in storage until last week, when I actually bought a light to illuminate the interior and placed it on the ledge where it now lies. I returned the light, as it wasn’t quite functioning correctly. Am still trying to decide on a new light to place in it. 

Thanks for the compliments on the home; it is coming together, bit by bit. Today alone, we had custom curtains installed (which had been ordered several months back), picked up furniture for/set up a home office, had numerous new electrical outlets installed and got that fandelier in place - all on the margins of a full workday. Lots of energy expended, but oh so satisfying. 

Again, that is a keen eye, my friend!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Is that hearing stuff on that WWE station?
    Options
    Yay! 3 flags on the trot.  Thanks guys,  feel part of the gang now.  They are going on my name badge for sure  =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
     Folks near Evansville may want to watch Craigslist.

"Police investigating theft of Big Green Egg grills from Evansville business" https://www.14news.com/2020/12/02/police-investigating-theft-big-green-egg-grills-evansville-business/?outputType=amp

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options

"Police investigating theft of Big Green Egg grills from Evansville business" https://www.14news.com/2020/12/02/police-investigating-theft-big-green-egg-grills-evansville-business/?outputType=amp

That's not too far from me. I would hope that the authorities are wise enough to watch CL and FB Marketplace for such. Crazy time when people are stealing grills.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    speaking of theft, took the dog out last night to do his business in the neighbors yard =) and when i got up the hill to the street there was an amazon prime truck getting unloaded into a budget rental van.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited December 2020
    Options

That’s my dealer/distributor. The area that they keep the working grills locked up has a heavy duty gate and several other kinds of grills. There was one of each size of egg include the XXL on the patio.  Obliviously the thieves were knowledgeable about eggs and how much they weigh because there were 5-6 people involved.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

That's not too far from me. I would hope that the authorities are wise enough to watch CL and FB Marketplace for such. Crazy time when people are stealing grills.
    Huh, I bet they never would have thought to watch internet sales places for overpriced grills. Cops are dumb. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Huh, I bet they never would have thought to watch internet sales places for overpriced grills. Cops are dumb. 
    I see what you did there.
  • abtaylor260
    Options
    You can cut the tension with a butter knife in this thread
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    Youngest tossed his cookies as soon as he got to daycare.  Now home with me and currently on his 3rd helping of goldfish crackers.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Reading about a interesting way to conduct government affairs...
    "Pig guts fly in offal fight over meat imports in Taiwan's parliament"

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Youngest tossed his cookies as soon as he got to daycare.  Now home with me and currently on his 3rd helping of goldfish crackers.  
    Hope it's a quick recovery.  I'll never forget bringing our first born home from school when she was sick like that.  Not a great feeling.