Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    If it’s good enough for my wall, it’s good enough here   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit has joined the rascal’s resistance group, it seems. 
    Just think its messed up John restarted this thread instead of Ozzie. Seems like a douche move.
    Obviously you missed where I consulted Ozzie about that.  Somehow I am not surprised.  

Yeah I dont spend 24 hours a day on here like you. Either way its messed up to even consider it.
    It was a joke to start.  One would think that after years of watching The Price Is Right every day with Drew Carey you'd have obtained some appreciation for humor, but perhaps not.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit has joined the rascal’s resistance group, it seems. 
    Just think its messed up John restarted this thread instead of Ozzie. Seems like a douche move.
    Obviously you missed where I consulted Ozzie about that.  Somehow I am not surprised.  

Yeah I dont spend 24 hours a day on here like you. Either way its messed up to even consider it.
    It was a joke to start.  One would think that after years of watching The Price Is Right every day with Drew Carey you'd have obtained some appreciation for humor, but perhaps not.  
    You want what behind showcase #1 or showcase#2?
  • Comfort or speed?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I wonder if I could do a spin on tamales with leftover dressing and turkey...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    caliking said:
    SV’d Trip Tip n Parm Taters 

Lookin' good!

Time and temp for SV? I've got a 2.5 lber that I'm planning on doing for Christmas. 
    @caliking - this one ran @ 134° for about 7hrs with just salt in the bag because I had a busy day and threw it in b4 I left the house. Normally I do 134 for about 4hrs and they are really good. I hit it with OBR Santa Maria rub b4 the sear. Mrs3969 said this one was way better and I agreed.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Lit
    Comfort or speed?
    Both?
  • SciAggie said:
    That sounds pretty good to me.  Egg rolls also work well.  
  • Lit
    SciAggie said:
    So creative
  • It would be awesome if we could get @Lit and @thetrim back on their meds at the same time

Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Lit
    HogFather said:
    It would be awesome if we could get @Lit and @thetrim back on their meds at the same time

• For someone who asked @The_Buffalo to delete his account, that Lit guy sure does post a lot.  
  • Lit
    For someone who asked @The_Buffalo to delete his account, that Lit guy sure does post a lot.  
    Does Biden sniff your long curly locks?
  • Lit
    John, Nola, Frazzy, and the Chicago guy. Running this forum.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Lit - you're a racist.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @noobs - please forgive this Lit character.  He was dropped on the head as a baby and his only friends are me and John.
    😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    SciAggie said:
    What's really on my mind is if I could integrate dressing into the masa. Dressing inside of masa seems somehow redundant. My vision is turkey wrapped in a masa/dressing matrix. Then use gravy for the "tamale sauce".
    I almost wonder now about a cranberry relish in with the turkey for a bit of acid pop.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Lit
    caliking said:
    @Lit - you're a racist.
    John and Nola have showed me white people suck
  • Lit
    @noobs - please forgive this Lit character.  He was dropped on the head as a baby and his only friends are me and John.
    If we werefriends i could teach you to cook
  • SciAggie said:
    SciAggie said:
    What's really on my mind is if I could integrate dressing into the masa. Dressing inside of masa seems somehow redundant. My vision is turkey wrapped in a masa/dressing matrix. Then use gravy for the "tamale sauce".
    I almost wonder now about a cranberry relish in with the turkey for a bit of acid pop.
    When I did the egg rolls, I added some cranberry in with the turkey and stuffing.  I used the gravy for dipping.

It all works pretty well together in an egg roll so I have to imagine it would in a tamale as well.   I like how you're thinking.  
  • nolaegghead
    Lit said:
    Obviously, the head injury as an infant also instilled a profound sense of delusion of grandeur.

Lit said:
    caliking said:
    @Lit - you're a racist.
    John and Nola have showed me white people suck

...with you being the subject for our case study...
    Lit said:
    Obviously, the head injury as an infant also instilled a profound sense of delusion of grandeur.

No im a crappy cook but you take pictures of **** i wouldnt feed a dog and feed it to your partner
  • @Lit reminds me of Bif Tannen
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    SciAggie said:
    SciAggie said:
    I'm digging this idea.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

No im a crappy cook but you take pictures of **** i wouldnt feed a dog and feed it to your partner
    I'm a god in the kitchen.  Even gods will squeeze out a turd every now and again.  I think you're living proof of that.

HogFather said:
    @Lit reminds me of Bif Tannen
    We arent all 100 years old here