Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Kind of weird with no family and friends.  At least everyone is still alive and kicking.  For that, I'm thankful. 
    Options
    Damn, those cookies are so good....just ate 5 of them.  Also, +1 on my post count, dragging this out.
    Options

Four day fiesta of football fun from Friday!  Except it starts tonight with Palace v Newcastle so that might be just the three, then.  Let’s dive straight in;

Palace v Toon; the hosts are on the naughty step for being woeful against Burnley and Toon are their standard haphazard selves.  Bore draw nil all seems likely, so 0-0.  Meh.

Saturday;

Brighton v Liverpool; a big massive shellacking by the Reds would be lovely. A mediocre thumping second best, I reckon 1-2 though.

Man City v Burnley; regression to the mean and a 2-0 home win.

Everton v Leeds; Toffee’s will fancy this and Leeds might be on the cusp of the doldrums with the honeymoon over; 2-0

West Brom v Sheff Utd, battle at the basement as relegation certainties host relegation surprise package. Could be horrific or a multi-goal bonanza, but it’ll be 1-1 

The Potters suffered a reverse mid-week and will hope to get back in the groove against Sheffield Wednesday - inexplicably named after hump-day.  Tough gig but Stoke have more about them this season. 1-2. (I am feeling a hard stare from @eoin )

Sunday;

Southampton v Man Utd, the Grey Kit memorial match (Google it). Saints are bang up for this and could win at a canter.  Ole’s hanging by his eye-lids.  2-1 home win. 

Chelsea v Spurs, another Jose derby and he’ll take the spoils this time.  Spurs are firing and Super Frank’s Chelsea do sometimes.  High risk of a good game of football here. 1-3

Arsenal v Wolves; not quite clicking for Micky A and Wolves are parsimonious whilst threatening. Away win very probable, 0-1

Monday;

Leicester v Fulham, walk I’m the park for the Foxes and another goal or two for the screaming scrotum. 3-0

West Ham v Aston Villa, 7th plays 8th - against all odds Moyes is getting a tune out of himself and the Hammers. Tough to call, 1-1

Right - back to the third round of leftover turkey for you lads / Black Friday credit card max-ing.  Chin chin. 

(I am on the right or wrong thread, I cant keep up and should I be throwing a hissy fit as well?  I have no idea)

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Working the Friday after Thanksgiving to save the PTO always sounds like a great idea, until the morning on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Had to work today. Left the cooking up to the wife. Got home and no ham had been put in the oven. For some reason she expected a refrigerated ham to be warmed up in 20 minutes. Guess I will have to put in for Thanksgiving off next year. 

I may be able to eat supper by the time I have to go back to work tomorrow. 
    Microwave ham makes the best Thanksgivings. 
    Update: still waiting. 

To be fair, nothing else was done remotely “on time.” On the plus side, my Thanksgiving nap will take me all the way into tomorrow. 
    How is the Ham project coming along?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    I still have some of those Cheeval Blancs that are actually red. 
    I just brought my last 3 from the cellar, 2012 vintage. Serious accidental find, from a case I bought a few years ago. They were still in the case but buried under some others I had stored in there as well. I had forgotten them because I thought we killed them at Christmas in 2018. St. Emillion. Great find.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Four day fiesta of football fun from Friday!  Except it starts tonight with Palace v Newcastle so that might be just the three, then.  Let’s dive straight in;

Palace v Toon; the hosts are on the naughty step for being woeful against Burnley and Toon are their standard haphazard selves.  Bore draw nil all seems likely, so 0-0.  Meh.

Saturday;

Brighton v Liverpool; a big massive shellacking by the Reds would be lovely. A mediocre thumping second best, I reckon 1-2 though.

Everton v Leeds; Toffee’s will fancy this and Leeds might be on the cusp of the doldrums with the honeymoon over; 2-0

West Brom v Sheff Utd, battle at the basement as relegation certainties host relegation surprise package. Could be horrific or a multi-goal bonanza, but it’ll be 1-1 

The Potters suffered a reverse mid-week and will hope to get back in the groove against Sheffield Wednesday - inexplicably named after hump-day.  Tough gig but Stoke have more about them this season. 1-2. (I am feeling a hard stare from @eoin )

Sunday;

Southampton v Man Utd, the Grey Kit memorial match (Google it). Saints are bang up for this and could win at a canter.  Ole’s hanging by his eye-lids.  2-1 home win. 

Chelsea v Spurs, another Jose derby and he’ll take the spoils this time.  Spurs are firing and Super Frank’s Chelsea do sometimes.  High risk of a good game of football here. 1-3

Arsenal v Wolves; not quite clicking for Micky A and Wolves are parsimonious whilst threatening. Away win very probable, 0-1

Monday;

Leicester v Fulham, walk I’m the park for the Foxes and another goal or two for the screaming scrotum. 3-0

West Ham v Aston Villa, 7th plays 8th - against all odds Moyes is getting a tune out of himself and the Hammers. Tough to call, 1-1

Right - back to the third round of leftover turkey for you lads / Black Friday credit card max-ing.  Chin chin. 

(I am on the right or wrong thread, I cant keep up and should I be throwing a hissy fit as well?  I have no idea)

@CPFC1905!

I set the TV to record the CPFC game today.  I'll be cheering for your boys.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    Candy/roasted some pecans for the sweet potato creme brûlée we made for thanksgiving, I end up with part of a handful every time I walk through the kitchen.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Candy/roasted some pecans for the sweet potato creme brûlée we made for thanksgiving, I end up with part of a handful every time I walk through the kitchen.

Years ago I had a student bring me a box of homemade candied pecans.  I’d never had them before.  I told myself I’d only have a handful.  A couple hours later, they were gone.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    TJs sells bags of spicy candied pecan pieces, one bag=one serving.  Great on salads, just a little bite of cayenne.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

I'm glad your students like you. There was always a rumor about a student a few grades older making and giving brownies to 5-6 teachers that had been laced with LSD when I was in high school. I always took it as a rumor until one of my coworkers who was a teacher said that it actually happened. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    I may or may not have just devoured a huge bowl of homemade turkey and noodles. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Options

You are SICK, but in a good way. Bookmarked the cookie thread!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Nothing leaves a finish like a good smoother.  Kinda like a good shave I guess.....

Poplar?  Nice shop.  Would love to see more pics of it.  I have that same dewalt planer.  Home-made bench dogs?
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Sun is going down....this is my situation at the moment.

@bubbajack I am old and slow but given you are on the east coast how do you get that view with the sun rolling east to west?  Enlighten me later this evening live and in colour!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    ordering $70 of pizza to feed the hoard of high school/college kids currently in my house. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Saturday;

Sunday;

Monday;

@CPFC1905!

As they say in these parts,  'Oh boll*cks'  
    A longer explanation of that erstwhile English phrase will be shared on the next Friday Night zoom.   
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    TTC said:
    ordering $70 of pizza to feed the hoard of high school/college kids currently in my house. 
    What could possibly (cough cough) go wrong?
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Glad I screen capped this gem before the air-strike:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Had to work today. Left the cooking up to the wife. Got home and no ham had been put in the oven. For some reason she expected a refrigerated ham to be warmed up in 20 minutes. Guess I will have to put in for Thanksgiving off next year. 

I may be able to eat supper by the time I have to go back to work tomorrow. 
    Microwave ham makes the best Thanksgivings. 
    Update: still waiting. 

To be fair, nothing else was done remotely “on time.” On the plus side, my Thanksgiving nap will take me all the way into tomorrow. 
    How is the Ham project coming along?
    Ron, thanks for checking in on me. Dinner was served at the perfectly (not) appropriate time of 8 o’clock. Ate, went to bed and woke up this morning. Couldn’t ask for more. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Saturday;

Sunday;

Monday;

@CPFC1905!

A longer explanation of that erstwhile English phrase will be shared on the next Friday Night zoom.   
    Yeah.  My thoughts exactly.  I had prepped our family before the game and how we were going to be Crystal Palace fans because of you.  They still haven't forgiven me.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Saturday;

Sunday;

Monday;

@CPFC1905!

Yeah.  My thoughts exactly.  I had prepped our family before the game and how we were going to be Crystal Palace fans because of you.  They still haven't forgiven me.
    Well,  we have that in common then.  =)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Saturday;

Sunday;

Monday;

While I have a healthy respect for it, I know nothing of football and - no offence intended - have no interest, but every time I read these posts, I hear an enthusiastic British announcer literally struggling to contain his excitement and it makes me smile.