Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Reads like a JIC power grab...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Steve,  I don’t have any control over structural changes to the forum.  The Buffalo did this all by himself.  He moved all Off Topic threads into a sequestered area of the forum.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And if you’re going to take a pot shot at me, at least have the guts to tag me in the post.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    edited November 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Popped on for a bit (against my better judgement) and saw this.

This is @The_Buffalo getting tired of all the funny OT threads this past week.  @JohnInCarolina had nothing to do with it.  He also told me he was going to make an Non-OT version.  I thought it was cool and I have no issues with it.

It is clear what The Buffalo is willing to deal with, and funny thread titles and harmless hijinks is not something he can handle.  I will refrain from my thoughts on the things he does allow and the things he lashes out at.

I kept poking and I got the horns.  Such is life.  As mere members we have no power here but it is free so can't really complain.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    To think, the recent change may mean that the most consulted thread may actually end up being about barbecue. 
  • thetrim
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Get some!!!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    Sides are prepped and ready for the oven, tenderloin in the vac pack bag getting it’s water bath. Waiting on the in laws......
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    lkapigian said:
    SciAggie said:
    Looking at things that are not good for me to be looking at. Why do I do this to myself?
    https://www.storeitcold.com/meat/#
    I think Marc @Sea2Ski has that controller, depends on expectations ...im sure it's a nice controller but running a box @ 34 f with a window AC , not so sure 

But when you are ready to build a box in the next week or two let me know  =)
    This is your wheelhouse for sure. I can't believe I'm even entertaining the thought...
    @SciAggie I do have that controller. It has worked well, but you have to make sure your cooling system is sized correctly to get and keep the room cold enough when it is hot out. We have had no problems and it kept the room within 4 degrees of the setting up to 80F outside temp, and we built the room from scratch and had it really well insulated. I have read that the external thermometer fails often, so if you go this way, you may want to get at least one spare because without it you are dead in the water. You have to then disconnect it and force the cooling system run if you have product in there. We now use that system as a backup, but we can and do use it for short periods of time when we do not need to fire up the main system we got from a extremely and over generous person. 

Here is how we installed it and a picture of it turned on before we had anything in there (the meat rack was not even hung) so the system was off. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    We have the same Cool Bot on a mini split inside a 10x10 con-ex storage container at the deer lease. Bought the con-ex army surplus from iron planet and did the rest of the work ourselves. Perfect for hanging meat in
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Turned into a pretty nice day here after a lousy morning, so it looks like we'll be able to sit outside and eat with my parents.  So for that I am thankful.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Happy Black Friday. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Don't panic lads I have posted my football preview / guaranteed betting tips over on the other, non-sunk thread.  
    That will be joining this one soon.  
    And it'll be all my doing mwah mwah mwah plus Dr Evil finger face.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    Options

Texas v Iowa State and Nebraska v Iowa 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    Squirt squirt

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Squirt squirt

Nice.  Is that one of the units with assial recognition?  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Squirt squirt

Welcome to club bidet! Where’s the wall plug?
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Squirt squirt

Extension cord for now. The GFCI for the vanity is on the wall to the left. It will be a quick project to poke a hole and tie into it. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Squirt squirt

Extension cord for now. The GFCI for the vanity is on the wall to the left. It will be a quick project to poke a hole and tie into it. 
    Nice! I’m a slacker, only one of our two bidets is electrical and the outlet is on the opposite wall. Have been running it off a power bar that runs across the back of the seldom used counter  :)
    canuckland
  • thetrim
    Options
    Got a jar of this at Publix.  It’s incredible.  In the refrigerated produce section 

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - never a doubt you would step up and help out.  Great gesture right there and much appreciated I'm sure.  Making a difference!
    Thanks @lousubcap
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    Options
    @lkapigian awesome work. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    The pig is driving this cook

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95