Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• Impressive as always, Steve.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2020
    Impressive as always, Steve.
    This is for Steve.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Really unhappy I opened that closed comment.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Really unhappy I opened that closed comment.
    This community does have the ability to police individual posts.  It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it’s for a good reason.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Really unhappy I opened that closed comment.
    This community does have the ability to police individual posts.  It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it’s for a good reason.
    Thank you Section 230.
    https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Its pretty obvious what @thetrim is NOT doing right now... taking his meds.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2020
    Apparently, this is John's forum.  We're all guests.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    Apparently, this is John's forum.  We're all guests.   
    Grow up.
  • Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. The girls love it.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Same same as JIC, its a great tradition. I was just told we watching Hamilton later today after their performance 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. The girls love it.
    Same.  SWMBO loves it.  Had bacon cooked on the egg and homemade waffles for breakfast.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Turned into a pretty nice day here after a lousy morning, so it looks like we'll be able to sit outside and eat with my parents.  So for that I am thankful.
  • Ah. A ten-thousand-dollar firepit where the fire is only visible from one side, above or below waist level. 
  • (Just kidding. Pretty cool, notwithstanding)
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Sitting on the deck in jeans and a t-shirt with just my wife on T-giving watching some turkey on the egg. 
    Never did that before. Always was with my parents and in a suit and tie on thanksgiving. Sucks that we are not together but thankful I can still pick up the phone and talk to them. So for that I am truly thankful. 

Also thankful for many of you. The outpouring of messages coming in and on my thread was truly unexpected. When it comes down to it, this is STILL a friendly place with great people. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    YukonRon said:
    Another pizza pie tonight - brie, green apple, and truffle oil.  Ricotta base.

Nice Za. Shared the image with my wife, who has a gift for baking. She said, “I am making that.” Thanks John. Making my life better.
    It’s super easy.  Slice the brie and green apple thin as you can, layer over a base of ricotta and drizzle with the truffle oil.  

The dough just works as a delivery mechanism for all that goodness.  I bet you can find a pretty good wine to pair with it too.  Enjoy!  And tell your better half I said hello ;)
    Thank you John and will do. Awesome cooks as always, and I learn so much.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Ordering another case for Christmas. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • I still have some of those Cheeval Blancs that are actually red. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @YukonRon Be well and Happy Thanksgiving my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Had to work today. Left the cooking up to the wife. Got home and no ham had been put in the oven. For some reason she expected a refrigerated ham to be warmed up in 20 minutes. Guess I will have to put in for Thanksgiving off next year. 

I may be able to eat supper by the time I have to go back to work tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Had to work today. Left the cooking up to the wife. Got home and no ham had been put in the oven. For some reason she expected a refrigerated ham to be warmed up in 20 minutes. Guess I will have to put in for Thanksgiving off next year. 

Microwave ham makes the best Thanksgivings. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354

Microwave ham makes the best Thanksgivings. 
    Update: still waiting. 

To be fair, nothing else was done remotely “on time.” On the plus side, my Thanksgiving nap will take me all the way into tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102