Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    looking for an easy to use digital camera 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Have a look here: http://snapsort.com/

If you give us more to go on, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.
    Mountain View, CA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    dmourati said:
    loco_engr said:
    Have a look here: http://snapsort.com/

If you give us more to go on, I'm sure someone can point and shoot you in the right direction.
    FTFY
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Technically,  one of my receptionists purchased for me...but

• NotEnoughSmoke
    Options

XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • bradleya123
    Options

Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• EzraBrooks
    Options
    Finally pulled the trigger on Kick Ash basket and can combo.  Wanted to pull the firebox and do a deep clean but too much charcoal left over and I wasn't going to take it all out by hand.  Since I have been working from home, been cooking 4 or more nights a week so the wife said it was worth it.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Finally took the plunge and bought my own ski boots. Salomon S-Pro 100, had a custom footbed made and got them custom molded (cool as hell, they put the boot in a special oven then you wear it and it literally molds to your foot) 

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    A reading chair for the master bedroom 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I’ve had it 15 years and 265,000 miles and I figure since I’m keeping it till it won’t run anymore I might as well finally get some decent floor mats. I’m most likely getting a new Wrangler Unlimited in the next few months. The 4runner will remain the daily driver to work and the Wrangler will be the fun weekend adventure rig.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited October 2020
    Options
    TTC said:
    Finally took the plunge and bought my own ski boots. Salomon S-Pro 100, had a custom footbed made and got them custom molded (cool as hell, they put the boot in a special oven then you wear it and it literally molds to your foot) 

Jealous!  Custom molding was just coming into vogue when I stopped skiing ten years ago (time constraints due to going into Maintenance) and now with multiple PEs and arthritis, not sure I'll ever ski again.
    Enjoy the second-best Snow on Earth!  :tongue:    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    This ski season is going to be weird. Congrats on the new boots.I found my skiing improved dramatically when I finally ponied up and bought my own gear.
    Mountain View, CA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I’ve had it 15 years and 265,000 miles and I figure since I’m keeping it till it won’t run anymore I might as well finally get some decent floor mats. I’m most likely getting a new Wrangler Unlimited in the next few months. The 4runner will remain the daily driver to work and the Wrangler will be the fun weekend adventure rig.

Just bought two more sets Of these. One each for my daughters car (gift) and my wife’s new ride. Great company top to bottom and right down the street from me. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    A reading chair for the master bedroom 

I’m sorry to tell you but you bought a SLEEPING chair 🥱
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    I have decided to buy a better outdoor burner.  Considering Edelmetall Brü or Blichmann Hellfire.  Any thoughts?
    i want to get back to brewing, but would also use it for boiling and maybe deep frying.

have the hellfire, its a bit too hot for deepfrying as is but i think i can throttle it back snuffing some of the burner nozzles. have not tried that yet.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Picked up some new, original artwork - very big canvasses. The current lighting is not doing them any favours, IMO. Went modern on two of them, which is a departure from our other pieces. The first one was such a good deal that it’s almost criminal. The third one, which was much less of a deal, is one of my favourite artists - an American named Ken Vincent. Had a smaller, similar landscape painting with blue sky by him, but always wanted a much bigger one. Big brother has arrived. 

nice, who did #2
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,304
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Ordered 3 bags of lump from Jonathan.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Love that landscape @GrateEggspectations
    Thanks so much. This is little brother, at 25” by 25” with frame (vs. 54” by 38” for big brother). Again, lighting not so good today. 

He’s got some fantastic stormy scenes. Those are next on my list. Samples below. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    TTC said:

Looks like my Sidi MX boots.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Paperclips

Paper Clips 25 Pcs Colorful Cute Dog Bone Shaped Paper Clips for Bookmark Office School Notebook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSXYTS4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nC4LFb8F0WFDD
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Buying a bus ticket for grandma.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Picked up some new, original artwork - very big canvasses. The current lighting is not doing them any favours, IMO. Went modern on two of them, which is a departure from our other pieces. The first one was such a good deal that it’s almost criminal. The third one, which was much less of a deal, is one of my favourite artists - an American named Ken Vincent. Had a smaller, similar landscape painting with blue sky by him, but always wanted a much bigger one. Big brother has arrived. 

Beautiful abstracts, the texturing on the second piece is impressive. Oil or Acrylic?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Technically not buying it yet but just put a reservation deposit down for this.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Technically not buying it yet but just put a reservation deposit down for this.

I'm jelly, those are sweet.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Buying a bus ticket for grandma.
    Must not like Grandma.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin