Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    lousubcap said:
    SciAggie said:
    Sorry I missed the pros and cons of stick burners. 
    No worries as we did not uncover any new lessons to be learned but it was a good dialog.  Seems that topic pops up on a fairly routine basis.  
    I wonder if they can boil water??????
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    lousubcap said:...
    Bidet teaching moments
    - The benefits of a heated seat
    - "you've got to be comfortable with your hole."
    Not sure if this was covered by @dmchicago
    - move the bullseye and flex your anus muscle, that’s the secret of zero TP  =)
    canuckland
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Eric is a great guy. Coach Smith thought very highly of him.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    No clue how to interpret the above.  Regardless, I'll be at the virtual watering hole this Friday "riding my big white horse" even tho' not from Texas.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Was @tarheelmatt in this week? I saw Cheerwine
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @lkapigian - that Cheerwine and Sundrop conversation was @Bubbajack and @bucky925 enjoying their regional beverages.  Mighta had staying power with some C2H5OH in the mix but I digress.  B)
    Hopefully you can find a window to drop in again sometime.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    That right there is funny!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429

Me and You and an Octopus named Paul,
    Travelin' and Livin' off the land
    This was hilarious two SuperBowls ago; in five years when this thread gets dug up, we'll all go "Wat?"  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Took a picture in a local store..
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    edited October 2020
    While we are all wandering thru the most unpopular BBQ thread, we are now two days from another resounding, enlightening and thoroughly entertaining Friday Zoom session.  Virtual watering hole doors open around 9 PM (EDT).
    Link on page one of this thread and PM the chairman ( @JohnInCarolina) or me for the PW , unchanged since inception.
    Many thanks @JohnInCarolina for continuing to make this happen. 
    Edit:  I'll be riding my virtual big white horse  =)
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lousubcap Do you think a few proposed topics would entice a few more visitors? Just spitballing an idea.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Can't hurt as I am all about getting more participants.  As you may recall, we have offered topics in the past but I don't think our conversation hit rate has been anywhere near 30%.  
    If we serve up a few that should have appeal we can make a solid effort to focus on those in the early stages (first 1-2 hours).  After that...
    Thoughts?
    (tagging the chairman here as he makes this whole thing happen @JohnInCarolina).  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Herd mentality - lemmings off a cliff, or did you mean herd immunity, where millions of lemmings needless die from disease?  Or are they the same?
    If we serve up a few that should have appeal we can make a solid effort to focus on those in the early stages (first 1-2 hours).  After that...
    Thoughts?
    (tagging the chairman here as he makes this whole thing happen @JohnInCarolina).  
    I think we just need more puppet sex demonstrations.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Stop, you're making me think of the Team America scene....
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap said:
    Can't hurt as I am all about getting more participants.  As you may recall, we have offered topics in the past but I don't think our conversation hit rate has been anywhere near 30%.  
    Thoughts?
    I think we just need more puppet sex demonstrations.
    By far the best and funniest thing that has ever happened on there. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Now inside the 24 hour clock for opening the doors.  Stop in as you will not be disappointed.  Fully compliant with all CDC guidelines in the virtual watering hole as well as offering great dialog and Friday entertainment.  
    Zoom link on the first page of this thread and PM me for the PW which is unchanged since inception in April.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373

For the forum challenged.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    See you miscreants tonight.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Anyone joining in tonight?

Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    If I’m in it’ll be after 9 cst
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    The puppets are feeling a bit randy tonight....

Lucky Randy!
  • nolaegghead
    Sex ed time!
    "Mommy?  How are baby puppets made?"

Also Randy:

• nolaegghead
    Red girl (AKA Deven AKA Fire) sporting SWMBO's mask of masks....
    Been a he!! of a run-up til now but I will be there  around 9 PM (EDT).