Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Fundraiser for Operation BBQ Relief, Special Zoom Session

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    @20stone and I are making 50lb of sausage on Saturday and I’ll live stream the whole thing on the zoom call. We are making several different recipes looking for the perfect venison sausage (hence his other thread about venison sausage recipes). We will have it muted but may jump on to explain a recipe or what we are doing at the time- or just for a quick toast when we have a break. 

Here is what we are working with:

23.5lbs lean meat from the rear leg (ham) of a very nice Mangalica cross pig from our favorite farm (yonder way farms)

15lbs lean venison from the shady winery parking lot meat deal I did with @foghorn 2 weeks ago

22lbs fancy pig fat (some from the freezer and some from the 45+lb leg the @20stone broke down and cubed (huge time saver doing this ahead of time) 

a metric sh*t ton of guts to stuff them in. So many guts. 

Argentinian Chorizo is on the menu for sure. I believe a jalapeño cheddar Texas BBQ style is as well. There have been rumblings of Merguez, which I fully support, and we are researching a few more to round it out. Would like to make 4-5 recipes to see what we like. 

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the zoom and looking forward to a fun (and probably long) day running the grinders and stuffer. 

Not sure what time we are getting started but I would guess somewhere around noon CST

Gonna be epic!  I was already bummed about missing the Zoom call, now I am down right sad!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @20stone and I are making 50lb of sausage on Saturday and I’ll live stream the whole thing on the zoom call. We are making several different recipes looking for the perfect venison sausage (hence his other thread about venison sausage recipes). We will have it muted but may jump on to explain a recipe or what we are doing at the time- or just for a quick toast when we have a break. 

Here is what we are working with:

23.5lbs lean meat from the rear leg (ham) of a very nice Mangalica cross pig from our favorite farm (yonder way farms)

15lbs lean venison from the shady winery parking lot meat deal I did with @foghorn 2 weeks ago

22lbs fancy pig fat (some from the freezer and some from the 45+lb leg the @20stone broke down and cubed (huge time saver doing this ahead of time) 

a metric sh*t ton of guts to stuff them in. So many guts. 

Argentinian Chorizo is on the menu for sure. I believe a jalapeño cheddar Texas BBQ style is as well. There have been rumblings of Merguez, which I fully support, and we are researching a few more to round it out. Would like to make 4-5 recipes to see what we like. 

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the zoom and looking forward to a fun (and probably long) day running the grinders and stuffer. 

Not sure what time we are getting started but I would guess somewhere around noon CST

This right here is worth the price of admission all by itself.  If you’ve been sitting on the fence on this one and haven’t donated yet, this would be a great reason to change that.  Giddyup!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

As expected, Team NFA better go big, or GTF home!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That's amazing @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Anyone who donated and did not get the password for tonight’s session - please PM me.  I want to make sure everyone has the password.  And a reminder that doors open at 5 Eastern tonight.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    Me and the Cap on talking about brisket.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Stormbringer
    Options
    ... and now we're onto wine, comparing vineyards in Burgundy.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Good group on already.
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    ... mainly because @CPFC1905 isn't here. :D

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I’ll be on shortly. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Just dropped a donation sorry im late to it, hope it went to the right spot and I don't get another subscription to biker babes over 300lbs
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Don't want to deter anyone but the watering hole is empty save this 'ol bartender.  Drop in and say Hi.  You can mix any beverage you want.  Complete access  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    setdahook said:
    Just dropped a donation sorry im late to it, hope it went to the right spot and I don't get another subscription to biker babes over 300lbs
    Is that a transferrable subscription?  
    Asking for a friend.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• setdahook
    Options
    Dying here!!!! Ty Botch
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Surface, surface, surface.  Doors wide open and still no participants.  We can do better than this!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • setdahook
    Options
    Send me the pass code and im happy to join 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Im needing that pass word

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    Ah nuts I arose just too late for last orders @lousubcap good luck with the brisket.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Getting there!

• lousubcap
    Options
    Post more cooks!  We can incrementally close the gap.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sausage feed should be up around 1-1:30 CST. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    Sausage feed should be up around 1-1:30 CST. 

Are you doing this via the special Zoom session? Mrs. Stormbringer was interested in having a look see.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Popped in nobody home. Will check back
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Stormbringer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Popped in nobody home. Will check back

I just joined. I have Chardonnay. Anyone in the US joining for lunch? :D

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I donated.  Password please.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX