Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    thetrim said:
    @JohnEggGio there are rules against politics and religion on the firday night calls.  There are NO rules against having your wife, daughter, M-I-L, and S-I-L join you on the call...
    Where’s the 😂button?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    Thought I had better confess to being last week’s anonymous participant before too much time passes.  Good to see some of y’all.  Sorry I missed some of the regulars.
    You were an interesting diversion and played it well.  I do recall the question about residing in MD...you deferred.  
    Glad you made the effort and hope to see you again.  You can be whomever you want as long as the owner is not really at the bar.  
    Thanks for unloading that guilty feeling-I'm sure a great relief  B)
    I was home alone and had a pretty good buzz going, so my thinking was “If not now, when?”
    Hope you make it on again when I’m on. Would love to meet you. 

Friday night 8/21- all systems go! Be there - Aloha!
    Capt, “meeting” you made my night!  Alas, wife, daughter, M-I-L, and S-I-L will be here tomorrow.  I’ll be busy grilling steaks and watching Hallmark movies...😞
    Well at least you know the steaks will be good...
    And there shall be whisky!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Depends what time my wife gives me a reprieve from landscaping.  These sure are nice for putting names to faces even if they do show up as anonymous to start.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Unfortunately not sure when I’ll be able to join this evening - family stuff.  But I’ll make sure it’s fired up before 9 for anyone who is joining tonight.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    edited August 2020
    @JohnInCarolina Just maintain some level of cognition and drop in when you can. We will endeavor to enjoy the patron sponsored and prepared beverages and press on in your absence.  
    The rowing/crew topic will be benched until you appear or relegated to next week.   

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    22:00 hours estimated arrival for me. 

Central time. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    need the link and pass code, that's what happens when you share an email...........
  • setdahook said:
    need the link and pass code, that's what happens when you share an email...........
    Link is on first page of this thread. I’ll PM you password right now. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Lived and enjoyed another spirited and entertaining evening at the virtual watering hole.  Always worth the time invested and great conversations about many topics, some of which I would never have seen coming.  Shut the doors around 12:40 AM (EDT) and no man down.  
    For nothing other than the educational experience, you should pay at least a one time visit.  We even talked a bit of BBQ. 
    I will get a summary of topics I captured out later today.  No worries, it will be appropriately sanitized to protect us all.  B)   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Good times guys. Capt`n Frank, great job facilitating the disco!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicago
    Always a pleasure. And thanks, Frank for cleaning up the playlist!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Sorry I couldn't make it on last night after all gents.  Just dealing with a lot of stuff at home.  I'm glad anyway that it sounds like another fun night for those who were able to participate in our virtual watering hole.  
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    @lousubcap thanks for MC’ing and JIC for hosting, enjoyed the stop in. 
  • dmchicago
    Good Recap, Cap.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Wow that is quite the list of topics.

• dmchicago

Frank was spraying to all fields.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:

Frank was spraying to all fields.

• lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina Last night we talked about opening early and getting those across the pond on a call.  I Can't find the specific thread but the offered near-term dates were 8/21 or 8/28.  Since 8/21 didn't happen what about 828?
    @Eoin , @CPFC1905 @Stormbringer and anyone else...any interest?

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,062
    Thanks - 28th Aug works for me. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina Last night we talked about opening early and getting those across the pond on a call.  I Can't find the specific thread but the offered near-term dates were 8/21 or 8/28.  Since 8/21 didn't happen what about 828?
    @Eoin , @CPFC1905 @Stormbringer and anyone else...any interest?

Thanks Frank.  I think those guys were interested in trying to get @TheToast on board for that as well.
  • lousubcap
    For the record, I tossed a few grooved pitches out there.  However, the overwhelming majority of discussions were the free-flowing, tangential and left-turn subjects that are characteristic of every Friday virtual bar gathering.  This one may have had a little extra sauce but that's what makes these things so great.  
    If you read this thread, then give a session a go.  Zoom link on the first page and request the password which will be PM'd.  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    21st is in the past now, 28th good for a second round on the call.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    When do we infiltrate Reddit Sub-reddit BiggGreenEgg?  Any planning happen?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • When do we infiltrate Reddit Sub-reddit BiggGreenEgg?  Any planning happen?
    This needs to happen. I have not done any planning but I’ll get on that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    When do we infiltrate Reddit Sub-reddit BiggGreenEgg?  Any planning happen?
    That's way beyond my band-width especially since I'm into simplifying my life.  But over to those who can make it happen.   B)
  • lousubcap
    @caliking - will this be your first go with Heartbrand?  If so, then you are in for quite a treat and if not then you know how  well Pops is going to enjoy the banquet.
    Great to see you last night.  You bring a knowledge set that definitely enhances the conversation on the professional side and the personal side-bar stories are much appreciated.