Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    had to look that up, have only seen them on pruners. volute spring
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    867-5309
    Options
    867-5309
    Good tunes!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Violated my "never buy 1st gen" rule and reserved a new Ford Bronco.
    It looks to have ticked all the right boxes, and if it delivers it will stomp the Wrangler.
    Which one ya thinkin? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Dobie said:
    It looks to have ticked all the right boxes, and if it delivers it will stomp the Wrangler.
    Which one ya thinkin? 
    I am thinking the Wildtrak.  I have a Rubicon on 35" tires already for rock crawling, but the wife hates how slow it is.  Similuar setup in the Bronco with the twin turbo V6 on 35s looks pretty fun for the desert around me.  It will be the wife's DD.

Some guys like sports cars, I have a thing for fun 4x4 SUVs.  We have a 4Runner too.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Your rule is smart. I’ll Never buy any 1st Gen of any vehicle even Toyota. I’m in the market for an offroad toy right now and this Bronco looks cool in theory. I think it will end up being a fad and will fade like the FJ Cruiser. Ford has never made a great off-roader. The Raptors are a joke and even the old Broncos never were really anything special. Hopefully I will be suprised by this one. For now I’m looking for a decently priced JLU but COVID has caused them to hold off delivering to dealers in order to keep their pricing artificially high which pisses me off.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    The FJ Cruiser is a legit off-roader.  Toyota makes some good off-road vehicles, unfortunately they're not sold in the US, the FJ is about as close as you can get.  Sadly, they stopped making them.
    Options
    The FJ Cruiser is a legit off-roader.  Toyota makes some good off-road vehicles, unfortunately they're not sold in the US, the FJ is about as close as you can get.  Sadly, they stopped making them.
    I liked the FJ a lot and nearly bought one back in 2006 but it was never going to stick around long this last time. I think the design was just too wild for most people. I think it also suffered from the market at the time. I’m betting they bring it back if the New Bronco actually
    makes a dent in Wrangler sales.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Dobie
    Options
    Badlands look pretty sweet, I’m about to pay off my 2015 Trail 4R with only 27K on the clock so not in the market but I think Ford came out swinging for the fence on this one. Product line is wide and they will offer all factory lifts and accessories also. The aftermarket will go wild on these. Higher performance models will follow.

Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I liked the FJ a lot and nearly bought one back in 2006 but it was never going to stick around long this last time. I think the design was just too wild for most people. I think it also suffered from the market at the time. I’m betting they bring it back if the New Bronco actually
    makes a dent in Wrangler sales.
    The FJ is a great 4x4.  The issue I have with the FJ is visibility.  I drove one for a while and it was great, but poor visibility off road and even on road was a big negative.  During "Floormat Gate" you could pick one up for dirt cheap.  Their resale is pretty high still.

The JLU are very nice.  Significantly improved ride over the JKU.  The ride is closer to a Grand Cherokee.

I have always wanted a late 60s early 70s Bronco.  This reminds me of that generation.

Raptors for the desert are very good, assuming you do not try to jump a factory vehicle.  The wider track, engine, and suspension work really well in the Southwest.   If you want to jump, get a SXS.  They are a niche product though, not great as an actual pickup truck for towing or hauling, and not best for hard technical trails.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    I was excited by the idea of a bronco, love the design, but even with the 2.7 eco it’s only rated to tow 3500.  That’s either wrong or unfortunate since the same 2.7 in an F150 is rated ~8000
  • Dobie
    Options
    Legume said:
    I was excited by the idea of a bronco, love the design, but even with the 2.7 eco it’s only rated to tow 3500.  That’s either wrong or unfortunate since the same 2.7 in an F150 is rated ~8000
    It’s not designed to tow big loads, suspension, wheel base, brake systems in trucks play a huge role in the tow capacity. This was designed to excel off road and compete with the Wranger market which has a similar tow capacity. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Legume said:
    It’s not designed to tow big loads, suspension, wheel base, brake systems in trucks play a huge role in the tow capacity. This was designed to excel off road and compete with the Wranger market which has a similar tow capacity. 
    Yeah, I get that.  Disappointing just the same.  Would be nice to tow a small trailer halfway to nowhere and go from there.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options

If only they still made the Eddie Bauer edition....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

That picture reminds me of a SWB Defender.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2020
    Options
    A 2550 square foot home with a 30x50 shop and a pond on 12 acres at the end of a dead-end road in BFE, America
    Congratulations and welcome to clean country livn'. Life is better at the end of a dirt road, You will not regret it.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Glock 45 & a Glock 33 round mag. Should make a very good bedroom gun. If something goes bump in the night no looking for extra mag or flashlight. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Glock 45 & a Glock 33 round mag. Should make a very good bedroom gun. If something goes bump in the night no looking for extra mag or flashlight. 

when the police showed up we found that he so many holes that you could drain spaghetti through 'em...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Nice! What brand are they?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Mickey said:

when the police showed up we found that he so many holes that you could drain spaghetti through 'em...
    Ummmmm...huh?
    Options
    124 -14th NW Oak Island NC

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Nice! What brand are they?
    Samuel Groves, made in Birmingham. We have a lot of their hard anodised aluminium baking trays and roasting pans as well.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    To save myself many steps I had a hose bibb installed on my deck.  Of course the dear wife declared, “we’re not going to have that ugly hose reel on our deck!”  So, I sought alternatives among garden hoses...  Just took delivery of this baby - #lifechanging

No leaks, 50 feet will fit in a flower pot!  Who knew?

I was the class representative in a class action law suit against the maker of these hoses. DAP was the original maker/seller. They were garbage (at least in 2013) and burst all the time. You essentially can never have pressure in the hose with the hose end closed, like turn on the spigot with a sprayer on the other end that is not spraying....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    To save myself many steps I had a hose bibb installed on my deck.  Of course the dear wife declared, “we’re not going to have that ugly hose reel on our deck!”  So, I sought alternatives among garden hoses...  Just took delivery of this baby - #lifechanging

No leaks, 50 feet will fit in a flower pot!  Who knew?

I was the class representative in a class action law suit against the maker of these hoses. DAP was the original maker/seller. They were garbage (at least in 2013) and burst all the time. You essentially can never have pressure in the hose with the hose end closed, like turn on the spigot with a sprayer on the other end that is not spraying....
    We have 2 from costco that are like that not sure of the brand. I believe the one by the garage is aboit 3 yrs old and havent had any issues. I have left it on at the spigot overnight with the sprayer closed and no issues. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,096
    edited July 2020
    Options
    867-5309
    JENNY....JENNY....who can I turn to.