Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thoroughly impressed after 20k miles on the set of kumho crugen premium 255/50r20 109v rated tires. 138.00 each mounted and balanced. no wear so far, good in heavy mud and snow, good at 142 mph, quiet, crazy tire.  wimpy looking tread pattern compared to the bfg's im used to and yet im not getting stuck backing my lobster boat into a muddy river launch like ive done in the past

Your Rover has magic traction control though.

it makes me wonder what it could do if they actually made an off road tire for it. those kumho's say snow and mud on them but the tread pattern looks like a summer touring tread, i really doubted them when i bought the truck
    I took an ML350 up a 2500 ft pass covered in 24 inches of fresh unplowed snow on those tires. They will surprise you.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    Thanks to you KY folks for exporting to the NE prairies.  Comes around every 2-3 months at $65./bottle.  Righteous stuff for sure!
    @db, where in the "NE prairies" do you live?  I grew up in Sioux Falls and was stationed at Grand Forks for 3 years.   
    The S.E. part of the state, Lincoln.  Sioux Falls is comparable in a number of ways, I would believe.  Have known several people that lived in Minot.  If you endured 3 Winters in Grand Forks, you're a tough dude.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,988
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thoroughly impressed after 20k miles on the set of kumho crugen premium 255/50r20 109v rated tires. 138.00 each mounted and balanced. no wear so far, good in heavy mud and snow, good at 142 mph, quiet, crazy tire.  wimpy looking tread pattern compared to the bfg's im used to and yet im not getting stuck backing my lobster boat into a muddy river launch like ive done in the past

it makes me wonder what it could do if they actually made an off road tire for it. those kumho's say snow and mud on them but the tread pattern looks like a summer touring tread, i really doubted them when i bought the truck
    I took an ML350 up a 2500 ft pass covered in 24 inches of fresh unplowed snow on those tires. They will surprise you.

my only issue is ice, lots of icy ground seeps crossing maine roads in the winter. probably more due to forgetting to turn off the traction control during those conditions, not good when your cornering on ice and the truck starts braking different tires on you :o
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    didnt buy it but amazon put an echo show 5 on my doorstep. they better not charge me for it
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,732
    Options
    didnt buy it but amazon put an echo show 5 on my doorstep. they better not charge me for it
    Maybe it’s a sign for you to join the Friday night video chat.
    Not a felon
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Eoin said:

my only issue is ice, lots of icy ground seeps crossing maine roads in the winter. probably more due to forgetting to turn off the traction control during those conditions, not good when your cornering on ice and the truck starts braking different tires on you :o
    Yeah, Ice is a bad deal for traction control and folks that know how to drive.
    I once had a Lexus try to kill me before I figured how to turn it off. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Maybe it’s a sign for you to join the Friday night video chat.

well maybe if a neighbor has an unsecured internet setup at camp =) just assuming i would need the internet or a phone thats newer than 15 years for this to work
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,829
    Options
    I checked the hand sanitizer I bought the other day against the FDA list of methanol sanis.... and mine was made in... wait for it... China.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Botch said:
    try https://ustvgo.tv/ it works on PC/MAC, not living room, but has access anywho.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Convinced myself that I "needed" another Boos Block.

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Blood Run Copper Trolling Wire  Captain Chucks II
    COPPER TROLLING WIRE

fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Router bits 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Whiteside bits are awesome.
    Options
    This got dropped off and installed this morning

Probably only me,  but when I read 'dropping' and saw the safe I immediately thought of Roadrunner dodging the ubiquitous ACME safe (and anvil).  

As I said,  probably only me...
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    @CPFC1905 -that’s funny! I can confirm no dropping involved.  It was $200 to have the company bring it in and place it in the house.  I normally am adverse to paying someone to do things I am capable of, but in this case it was done in <15 minutes, I’m not sore after, and I don’t owe any friends favors!
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    Concur on the white side bits, I own the same basic set and also have a rail/stile/panel set for paneled work and making cabinet doors.
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
    Bug-a-salt 3.0
    Arlington, TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,427
    Options
    I bought 2 pounds of boudin and some poboy bread. Going to be a simple cook this weekend. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,662
    Options

Sweet!  Just today I watched a video on EweTube about Finland's saunas, and apparently nearly every house there has one, some two or three.  I used to enjoy them in the gyms at Dayton, Albuquerque and Grand Forks, but for some reason the (new) gym here at Hill doesn't have one.  (???)  

Where do you live, Mark?  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Costco had a (insert Maine accent here) wicked good deal on some linkable shop lights so I bought a couple.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,539
    Options
    Botch said:

Sweet!  Just today I watched a video on EweTube about Finland's saunas, and apparently nearly every house there has one, some two or three.  I used to enjoy them in the gyms at Dayton, Albuquerque and Grand Forks, but for some reason the (new) gym here at Hill doesn't have one.  (???)  

Where do you live, Mark?  
    Toronto.

The one I'm getting is just like that one, but the two tier bench runs on the sides, not the back ... this allows for 8 adults to be comfortably seated (easily).

Electrician is arriving in about 2 hours to ensure we can install power, it takes a 40 amp feed to run the 9 kW heater (that I am upgraded to).  I'm positive it's fine, I have like 6 spare breaker spots on the panel, and 200 amp service. Plus you normally run the sauna from fall to spring ... when I'm not running the aircon ... so in terms of total load, really it'll be a scenario of switching the air con off, and turning this baby on ... and also you only turn it on when you want to use it ... takes 20 minutes to warm up. So, once the electrician gives the green light, we are ordering it this afternoon ... need to be patient though, they are slammed due to COVID ... anything to do with backyards has gone berserk. Will arrive Sep ... but not fussed, as we won't use it now anyhow, too hot.

It's the last addition to my backyard ... which is somewhat of an adult resort, lol.  
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,887
    Options
    Just landed a Heartbrand Beef Akaushi brisket.  Had my first of that breed a couple of moths ago-can't wait to cook this one up.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    50 feet of this: Vanilla ordering of photos -sorry.

And two guys to put it in the attic and reconnect the hot water in SWMBO’s closet. Removed the second on demand Hubbell Hot Water heater. Lasted 8 years, then cracked the heater element and leaked, slowly. Did not envy their job in Florida in the attic.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,560
    Options
    Whole beef tenderloins for $35 each. Counting my blessings a browsed the meat case at the grocery store 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,650
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Whole beef tenderloins for $35 each. Counting my blessings a browsed the meat case at the grocery store 
    I am wondering why your posts are coming to my email address under the title of green egg support which is a pm to my email
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,560
    Options
    No clue. I’m surely just a peon and am in no way tech support
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,650
    Options

Weird...anyone on the forum have any ideas
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....