Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options

Weird...anyone on the forum have any ideas
    Have you followed the thread?  I think I accidentally did that once and got notifications whenever anyone posted in it.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,650
    Options
    @Acn Nope I am only getting from ColbyLang🤔
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options
    Well that’s a mystery.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,650
    Options
    Acn said:
    Well that’s a mystery.
    Aha you were right I had that thread marked as a bookmark... Thanks
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,732
    Options
    @ColbyLang is the buffalo, that’s the only reasonable explanation.
    Not a felon
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    Not something I've boughten just yet...but I saw something in our sleepy little southwestern Ontario grocery store today that I've never seen before. Brisket.
    There were about 5 of them and one of them was HUGE! It was about 24" long and 18" wide. I wish I had taken note of the weight but I always feel "rushed" in the grocery store now so I don't like to linger too long in one place. It was marked as "Brisket Point". I know a brisket consists of a point and a flat but which one is better? The price tag on the big one was $58 CDN. 
    Do you guys think it is worth the investment? I've neve cooked a brisket before. Ordered it once in a restaurant and didn't think it was a big deal. The restaurant wasn't Franklins though or anywhere near the southern states.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @keener75 when I eat brisket, the whole point of eating one is for the point. Personally, If you do not see them around you often (or ever) I would run back there and pick it up.  
    ... but that is just me. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,662
    Options
    Agree with @Sea2Ski.  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,887
    Options
    As above, you can't jump fast enough.  Then when you score the brisket many here are willing to offer insights regarding how to enjoy that acquisition.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,829
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @keener75 man that sounds reasonable for a huge brisket. Especially in Canadian $
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• keener75
    Options
    Well, I took all y'all's advice and drove back to the grocery store (leaving the pizza oven unattended to warm up. Didn't like doing that) only to find they were all gone :(  I guess my town isn't so sleepy after all. I guess the lesson I learned today is to pull the trigger when your gut tells you to!
    Thanks for all the advice guys. 
  • keener75
    Options
    @keener75 man that sounds reasonable for a huge brisket. Especially in Canadian $
    It should be mentioned that I have never seen a full "packer brisket" before other than on the inter web. "HUGE" to me may be average for many of you  :)
    Is that what she said?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,560
    Options
    Legume said:
    @ColbyLang is the buffalo, that’s the only reasonable explanation.
    Negative ghostrider. If I were, there would be complete anarchy on here. Nothing gets sunk! Complete self regulation! 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    Botch said:

Sweet!  Just today I watched a video on EweTube about Finland's saunas, and apparently nearly every house there has one, some two or three.  I used to enjoy them in the gyms at Dayton, Albuquerque and Grand Forks, but for some reason the (new) gym here at Hill doesn't have one.  (???)  

Where do you live, Mark?  
    100% fundamental of daily life there and across the Scandi’s.  I made use of one most days for three years, where I worked.  I am certain they help with health and well-being. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 734
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Looks like Amazon has the work sharp knife sharpener on sale today. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    To save myself many steps I had a hose bibb installed on my deck.  Of course the dear wife declared, “we’re not going to have that ugly hose reel on our deck!”  So, I sought alternatives among garden hoses...  Just took delivery of this baby - #lifechanging

No leaks, 50 feet will fit in a flower pot!  Who knew?

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    To save myself many steps I had a hose bibb installed on my deck.  Of course the dear wife declared, “we’re not going to have that ugly hose reel on our deck!”  So, I sought alternatives among garden hoses...  Just took delivery of this baby - #lifechanging

Work really well on a boat. We have two connected to our washdowns. Both fit in a 2 gallon bucket with nozzles attached
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,047
    Options

Our backyard bib is on a sidewalk we installed when we renovated the yard.  It is a hassle taking a normal hose in and out so we did this as well. They aren’t bullet proof and won’t last forever but you should be able to get a couple of years out of it 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,539
    Options
    yeah, mine last about 2 years. They'll bust at some stage. But they are good while they last.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Elijah, how much was it? Didn't see this until this morning and back at 129. I keep hoping to catch it on sale.  
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Moleman said:
    Elijah, how much was it? Didn't see this until this morning and back at 129. I keep hoping to catch it on sale.  
    Pretty sure it was $60. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 734
    Options
    Moleman said:
    It was definitely in the double digits. It was a lightning deal. 
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Story of my life. I have camel camel to notify when it hit 89. Never got a notification. I want one. Thanks. 
  • Botch
    Options
    Score!  
    I found a 1-lb bag of shelled, frozen crawdads at the Commissary today!  Haven't seen them before, after 30-something years.
    Will be cooking my first ever Étouffée sometime this week!  

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,123
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It's been 10 years since the last time I've bought something for myself from Thermoworks since my Thermapen still works like new. I've purchased a few things from them over years but they were always gifts for someone else. I completely forgot about the Jelly Beans. Ha!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    that is one hell of a ceiling fan
    A little noisy too.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options

Have to hang some shelves and picture rails in our kitchen which is just an excuse to buy a new toy.

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,123
    Options
    I think my 2014 Samsung Note 4 wants to retire. I'm getting a no sim card reading on it. Going to be my last ditch effort to save her. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Options

My pruners were shot, as was my pruning saw (Japanese blade, thin and cuts on the pull stroke), plus my Garrett-Wade tool catalogs weren't coming to me anymore, so I went to their website and found the above pruners, on sale (half-price from $35 apiece), they arrived today.

Gorgeous!  Polished aluminum bodies, Japanese tool-steel blades, which are actually hollowed out on the cutting surface and filled with some other material, rubber grips, and springs that are made with coiled sheet steel (my BS is in ME, and I don't know what these springs are called).  The sickle-shaped pair are my new branch pruners, while the long-nosed pair will be used for snipping herbs.  My new Japanese-bladed pruning saw won't be here until late July.  

From age 6 to about 15, I couldn't wait until getting the next "Sears Christmas" Catalog.  From 15 to about 24, it was the next Playboy.  From 25 until about 50, it was the next Sweetwater Sound catalog.  Now, it's the next Garrett-Wade tool catalog.  Soon I'll be subscribing to "Coffin Monthly"....    =)