Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    thoroughly impressed after 20k miles on the set of kumho crugen premium 255/50r20 109v rated tires. 138.00 each mounted and balanced. no wear so far, good in heavy mud and snow, good at 142 mph, quiet, crazy tire.  wimpy looking tread pattern compared to the bfg's im used to and yet im not getting stuck backing my lobster boat into a muddy river launch like ive done in the past

Just put a set of those on swmbo's GLE, great tires.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    thoroughly impressed after 20k miles on the set of kumho crugen premium 255/50r20 109v rated tires. 138.00 each mounted and balanced. no wear so far, good in heavy mud and snow, good at 142 mph, quiet, crazy tire.  wimpy looking tread pattern compared to the bfg's im used to and yet im not getting stuck backing my lobster boat into a muddy river launch like ive done in the past

Your Rover has magic traction control though.
  • Eoin
    Another garden implement. Our gardener is getting older and I've got more time on my hands now William's sorted out, so spending the money on tools instead of getting the work done by someone else. This thing is amazing, runs off the same battery as the strimmer too.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Eoin said:

it makes me wonder what it could do if they actually made an off road tire for it. those kumho's say snow and mud on them but the tread pattern looks like a summer touring tread, i really doubted them when i bought the truck
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Eoin said:

it makes me wonder what it could do if they actually made an off road tire for it. those kumho's say snow and mud on them but the tread pattern looks like a summer touring tread, i really doubted them when i bought the truck
    Magic Traction Control:

:o 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:

Magic Traction Control:

:o 

with the rover you would drive up that, not down the path ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @CPFC1905 - That is one of those truly major life changes.  "You will know when it's when" and you have definitely sorted out the most challenging piece of the "moving on to the next chapter" experiences.  Congratulations on an exceptional career and best wishes for the next challenge.
    The following likely won't mean anything to you but I find that practicing the following guidance from American Negro League baseball superstar Leroy Satchel Paige, "Don't look back, somethin' might be gainin' on ya" does wonders as you move onward and upward.  
    Again congratulations to you and your family for their support throughout your career.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:

https://youtu.be/nKGLXnJfKwY
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - That is one of those truly major life changes.  "You will know when it's when" and you have definitely sorted out the most challenging piece of the "moving on to the next chapter" experiences.  Congratulations on an exceptional career and best wishes for the next challenge.
    The following likely won't mean anything to you but I find that practicing the following guidance from American Negro League baseball superstar Leroy Satchel Paige, "Don't look back, somethin' might be gainin' on ya" does wonders as you move onward and upward.  
    Again congratulations to you and your family for their support throughout your career.  
    Thank you for those warm and generous words. And I wholeheartedly agree with the quote.  
    It reiterates my favourite line from Don Henley; "Don't look back, you can never look back".   
    As I say; 
    Finish Friday, blamed on Monday, forgotten on Tuesday.  No regrets. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Local Kroger had butts $1.79 lb. a good deal here is $.89 lb but I was happy to see
    them.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Fareway Meat Market here had Duroc pork belly at $2.99/lb (good), Duroc butts at $2.49 (high for on-sale, still ok) and Drumsticks for $.88/lb.  Picked up some of each.
    And the new "Verticle Drumstick Rack" arrived.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    CPFC1905 said:
    I am planning to self-actualise (for fans of Maszlow) on Monday.  I have a life event occurring - end of my Police service, and will celebrate with Chuleton. ...I cant wait to try.  Direct, hot and just coarse salt.  And lots of booze. 
    Congrats on a great career, and Thank You for your service!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    CPFC1905 said:
    Two of these. 

I am planning to self-actualise (for fans of Maszlow) on Monday.  I have a life event occurring - end of my Police service, and will celebrate with Chuleton.  That’s just over 1kg of rib but taken from ‘an aged milker’ in Galicia, Spain.  I accept that the best cuts are unlikely to depart Spain, but I have watched so many YouTubes I cant wait to try.  Direct, hot and just coarse salt.  And lots of booze. 
    Congrats and thank you for your service!!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    CPFC1905 said:
    Two of these. 

I am planning to self-actualise (for fans of Maszlow) on Monday.  I have a life event occurring - end of my Police service, and will celebrate with Chuleton.  That’s just over 1kg of rib but taken from ‘an aged milker’ in Galicia, Spain.  I accept that the best cuts are unlikely to depart Spain, but I have watched so many YouTubes I cant wait to try.  Direct, hot and just coarse salt.  And lots of booze. 
    Got out at the perfect time! Congrats and enjoy the deserved time off.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Thanks to my son who has some connections I just picked up two bottles of Blanton's.  Premium paid but worth it.  Will pound a glass of the on-hand stock to celebrate the gracious actions of @The_Buffalo.  Be well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited June 2020
    Wrong thread...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks to my son who has some connections I just picked up two bottles of Blanton's.  Premium paid but worth it.  Will pound a glass of the on-hand stock to celebrate the gracious actions of @The_Buffalo.  Be well.
    Blanton’s is still a unicorn for me. I have yet to find a bottle. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Runamuck
    Runamuck Posts: 38
    10.25" Lodge Skillets on Amazon for $14.88. You can never have too much cast iron!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    SciAggie said:
    lousubcap said:
    I’ve never had it and just bought my first bottle maybe a month ago.  Still afraid to open it for some reason.  It’s just so nice sitting there all sealed up.  The top on mine is the T.  Maybe I’ll start collecting them.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Legume said:
    SciAggie said:
    lousubcap said:
    I’ve never had it and just bought my first bottle maybe a month ago.  Still afraid to open it for some reason.  It’s just so nice sitting there all sealed up.  The top on mine is the T.  Maybe I’ll start collecting them.
    It used to be reasonably priced at around $40 a bottle. Then it got all boutique fancy amongst all the snobby brown water fans. Last time I got it at $72 a bottle. The N’s are different! Ask me
    how I know....
  • lousubcap
    I agree with @ColbyLang regarding the ever escalating price point.  It would have been a good deal for me to get it at his price but given the fleeting sightings and acquisition opportunities, sometimes you just get out the vaseline and know you are in for a ride.
    BTW- not unique to Blanton's.  Here in the bourbon heartland, most has been getting exported (domestic and over-seas) for the better part of 10 years+.  FWIW-
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Opened one up last night for Father's day.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    bubbajack said:
    Opened one up last night for Father's day.

That the distillery tour bottle? Got a couple of em when my brother went to the Derby last year 
  • lousubcap
    edited June 2020
    Blanton's is the long-standing first single barrel bourbon sold to the public.  Light-years before the marketing glitz of today or the past couple of decades.  Every bottle is a bit different in taste.  It is the closest I will get to top-shelf bourbon going forward.  And that is a great place to be for me.  
    Reads like a great Friday watering Hole session   B)
    Edit:  @bubbajack -living the high life and rightfully deserved right there.  I am sure you enjoyed.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Thanks to you KY folks for exporting to the NE prairies.  Comes around every 2-3 months at $65./bottle.  Righteous stuff for sure!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    @dbCooper - That is a solid price and hasn't been seen here for a few years.  Congrats.  
  • Botch
    dbCooper said:
    Thanks to you KY folks for exporting to the NE prairies.  Comes around every 2-3 months at $65./bottle.  Righteous stuff for sure!
    @db, where in the "NE prairies" do you live?  I grew up in Sioux Falls and was stationed at Grand Forks for 3 years.