Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 Stunning setting and pool, Question what kind of root system do those monsters have?thinking along the lines of your pool
    Palm trees are actually favorable near pools and patios because their root system is not as damaging as some other types of trees. I used to be a pool cleaner and saw a lot of other trees near pools/decks do damage while big palms were not an issue and in many poolside planters here in So Cal. 

Not saying they can’t cause an issue, just not as bad as some others and definitely a popular choice for that very reason. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,522
    Options
    @johnmitchell we had a leak about 5 years ago where one of the roots made its way to the hot tub lines. Jen we had it fixed, the reinforced the whole hot tub area with more concrete.  We aren’t sure if it was their roots since a palms roots are a ball. Could have been the Burfurd (spelling) tree in the corner. 
    @johnmitchell asked the same question I was wondering.  Here on the utard benches, when a tree blows over the entire root system pulls out of the sandy soil, and one of those behemoths blowing over would wreck the surrounding houses, and definitely drain the pool.  
    Since the root systems for those is more of a ball, and assuming the soil is more clay-like (as in Sacramento where I got to try to pull weeds an entire weekend during boot camp) maybe those aren't as dangerous as they look.

And when they do die, how do they decompose?  Do they ever fall over?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Botch hopefully we won’t live here when they die. lol. We thought we lost them one winter when it got down to like 3°. Was touch and go for about a month or so. We had our retaining wall replaced about 5 years ago and we were terrified they would fall and hit the neighbors house. Luckily they didn’t fall. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Beautiful pics

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Did Cheesecake Factory’s Chicken Bellagio copycat recipe. Turned out great 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:
    My Sunday did not suck.
    We really do need a “Love” button.
    Thanks all - I’m really amazed at how well the photoshop app on my iPhone 11 works.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Damn, @SciAggie

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    Reading that the Washington Redskins will be renamed Monday. Wonder what they picked. "Warriors" seems to be in the lead.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I hit a few surfaces with my IR thermometer just now (2:30 PM). I submit that it is flippin hot y’all. Ambient air temp reads 106 at the moment. Note that all of these are in the shade. 
    This is the exterior of my wood oven. 
    The cutting block in the outdoor kitchen. 
    My mini max

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Acn Looked at my pics - then yours...
    You are winning the day for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

@Sea2Ski sadly no. We just have the solar lights for now. Plus the light strands. I would eventually like to do something like that. This is what it looks like at night. 
    I would not use the word “sadly”. Still looks fantastic.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    Pitina ...Salami without casing rolled in Polenta 

Pitina, Peta or Petuccia is an Italian cold cut originating in the Dolomite valleys of Tramonti di Sopra and Tramonti di Sotto, and the River Cellina, in the northeastern Italian province of Pordenone in Friuli.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone

You still around? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    @SciAggie I am quite sure that you will find a way to Texas 'heat" cold smoke something given your environment.  Go forth and do great things... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Pitina ...Salami without casing rolled in Polenta m

Pitina, Peta or Petuccia is an Italian cold cut originating in the Dolomite valleys of Tramonti di Sopra and Tramonti di Sotto, and the River Cellina, in the northeastern Italian province of Pordenone in Friuli.
    My word that sounds good. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    @lkapigian apologize for being too lazy to go find your original post on the finished cut you just shared, but what cut is this?  Looks amazing, here I was all proud I just cured my first bacon a couple weeks ago and this stuff you are cranking out is awesome.  Thanks for continuing to share what you are making.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,590
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Fvck, that is good 

If you start giving online classes I'll be the first to sign up!
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    @lkapigian apologize for being too lazy to go find your original post on the finished cut you just shared, but what cut is this?  Looks amazing, here I was all proud I just cured my first bacon a couple weeks ago and this stuff you are cranking out is awesome.  Thanks for continuing to share what you are making.
    @FarmingPhD it's the Money Muscle from a Boston butt...Coppa , Cappicola ..if you can do bacon you can do this...Started this May 1..thanks @Canugghead @caliking
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    I've been wondering where is the money muscle....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    Just now hearing that Grant Imahara died suddenly yesterday of a brain aneurysm. He was 49 years old.
    I've always enjoyed his work on Mythbusters and his other projects. A real shame to have lost him so young.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,459
    Options
    Hiring a lawyer to defend myself.....