Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just took delivery of this Heartbrand Akaushi beef brisket-15.5 lbs (website advertises that they will ship at around 11 lbs).  My lucky day.

Wet aging for 3-4 weeks then banquet time.  

That is a thing of beauty! I just got a case of Heartbrand skirt- can't wait to try it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Saw this on the interwebs this morning. Made me chuckle.

Las Vegas, NV

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 486
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Saw this on the interwebs this morning. Made me chuckle.

Very Ned Beatty.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Finally getting rid of our land line.  $20 a month for the privilege of being called by people asking for money.  Don’t know why we waited this long.
    I got rid of ours. Anne set it back up again because she likes having it. It still never gets answered and is never used for outgoing either.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just took delivery of this Heartbrand Akaushi beef brisket-15.5 lbs (website advertises that they will ship at around 11 lbs).  My lucky day.

Wet aging for 3-4 weeks then banquet time.  
    I got a couple Akaushi ribeyes a couple months back and they were probably the best tasting steaks I have ever had. What did the brisket run? The steaks i got were $40 a lb.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Finally getting rid of our land line.  $20 a month for the privilege of being called by people asking for money.  Don’t know why we waited this long.
    We are too attached to the convenience of landline but our landline has been modernised ... Bought an OBI200 VOIP adapter few years ago and ported our home phone# into it, plus a Google line that allows free unlimited US and Canada phone calls.

After the initial equipment and setup fees (broke even in about 6 months), it's free 'forever', should have done it sooner when a neighbour told me about it. It's like running our own telco, with myriad of features that telcos charge extra for, e.g. call display, call waiting, 3-way calling, number blocking, auto dialback, voicemail, call recording, etc.  We can even take it with us when travelling. Voicemail screens unsolicited spam calls, leave a message if it's legit or important. Can also call forward to multiple numbers, to ring simultaneously or sequentially. 
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,481
    Options
    @Lit- PM sent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2020
    Options
    We are too attached to the convenience of landline but our landline has been modernised ... Bought an OBI200 VOIP adapter few years ago and ported our home phone# into it, plus a Google line that allows free unlimited US and Canada phone calls.

After the initial equipment and setup fees (broke even in about 6 months), it's free 'forever', should have done it sooner when a neighbour told me about it. It's like running our own telco, with myriad of features that telcos charge extra for, e.g. call display, call waiting, 3-way calling, number blocking, auto dialback, voicemail, call recording, etc.  We can even take it with us when travelling. Voicemail screens unsolicited spam calls, leave a message if it's legit or important. Can also call forward to multiple numbers, to ring simultaneously or sequentially. 

How much time are you spending talking on the phone? Everyone in my circle (friends, family, coworkers) text 99% of the time. The only time I really talk on the phone is if I'm calling my wife. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I got rid of ours. Anne set it back up again because she likes having it. It still never gets answered and is never used for outgoing either.

We keep ours mainly because that is what old people do. :)
    Mobile signal quality in our neighborhood is less than ideal so the audio quality when talking on our mobiles sucks whereas our landline is crystal clear. Only time we answer the phone is if we recognizes the Caller ID number (which also pops up on the tv). Otherwise it goes to voicemail.
    We seem to be getting just as many junk calls on our mobiles as we do on our landline. I'm old enough to remember when the Do Not Call list used to work pretty well - these days not so much.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    Options
    SonVolt said:

How much time are you spending talking on the phone? Everyone in my circle (friends, family, coworkers) text 99% of the time. The only time I really talk on the phone is if I'm st calling my wife. 
    To each his own.

We communicate with our kids 99% of the time on WhatsApp too. How often and how long do you communicate with lonely seniors who use nothing but landline? Why can't we call their landline from cell phone? We are both stay home retirees so it's a no brainer as to what's more convenient and economical since we don't have/need unlimited cell air time.

Another 'excuse', when you call a service provider, store, credit card company or government agency and they put you on hold for eternity, can you beat the convenience of holding landline on speaker phone?

Yes, it's an oxymoron, I'm tech savvy to mess around with voip phone but too old fashioned to let go of landline.

canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Canugghead said:

After the initial equipment and setup fees (broke even in about 6 months), it's free 'forever', should have done it sooner when a neighbour told me about it. It's like running our own telco, with myriad of features that telcos charge extra for, e.g. call display, call waiting, 3-way calling, number blocking, auto dialback, voicemail, call recording, etc.  
    Here in the states I bought a similar "Ooma" system; less than $100 for the equipment and I only pay a US $5.99 tax every 3 months.  It's what I use most of the time.
    I do have a "smartphone", but only carry it when traveling or backpacking (in fact I'm not sure where it is right now).  It communicates with my car and I did use it to find a residential address once, cool.  It's a Tracfone and I pay $99/yr for it, the minutes/data roll over (that's /yr, not /month!)    

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• Botch
    Options
    Eoin said:
    We love women, they're nurturing, forgiving, and we prolly wouldn't have wars if they were in charge, but daaaamn how can they be so irrational at times?!?!?

@Eoin, you don't have to answer this, but does your wife also wear "kicky" shoes that are made with sheet-aluminum soles, with piano-wire laces, and then cry and blame you because their feet are bleeding after walking 2 blocks??  WTFF?!?!?  

This is why I don't date anymore.  :confused:  

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Sitting here in utter shock that my favorite family heirloom cast iron skillet fell off the counter onto my wood floors and broke apart. I’ve never heard of a Cast iron skillet breaking in that manner.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Options
    My second, and last, attempt at washing my car "the detailers way".  

Sprayed Mr. Audi down with my new pressure washer, which was "surging" uncontrollably, for no reason that I could see.  Then scrubbed her down with a microfiber mitt and soap.  Sprayed down again, with the pressure washer, still surging.  Grabbed the nozzle of my heated "Air Cannon" to spray the water off, it just sprayed it "around".  The hood of the car (which got a second coat of Griot's "ceramic" wax, last week) didn't even bead up, just "sheeted" the water off.  Sorta.  And the soap streaks were everywhere.  And it all took about two hours.  

Tomorrow morning I'll wash Her again.  With a bucket of cold water, no soap, and a sponge covered with nylon netting.  Dry Her off with a chamois.  Apply some Turtle Wax paste wax, like Dad showed me how.  

Phukket.  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sitting here in utter shock that my favorite family heirloom cast iron skillet fell off the counter onto my wood floors and broke apart. I’ve never heard of a Cast iron skillet breaking in that manner.
    Oh no! That sucks. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    My lady wanted salmon. My lady got salmon.
    That looks amazing! I love cedar plank salmon. I used to have a Meat Church rub Lemon and Pepper that was perfect for this cook. Hard to find now.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options
    Sorry for your loss @TEXASBGE2018
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options
    Blue Bell's "Cookie Two Step" is pure heaven.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 Sorry to heat that. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    keener75 said:
    My lady wanted salmon. My lady got salmon.
    That looks amazing! I love cedar plank salmon. I used to have a Meat Church rub Lemon and Pepper that was perfect for this cook. Hard to find now.
    That sounds great. We used DP Tsunami Spin on this. It has become a weekly meal at our house.

thetrim said:
    Blue Bell's "Cookie Two Step" is pure heaven.
    @t@thetrim I hate you right now. We moved to Vegas and the great listeria scare happened and they took all the BB off the shelf and they won't restock it again.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018

Cast iron is very brittle.  We removed several thousand pounds of it from this research institute where the drain pipes were either cast iron or borosilicate glass and we would just pop it with a hammer and it would break up.
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Looks like good company to me @Battleborn !! (I like the mutt's scarf).
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    edited July 2020
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Not right now, but earlier today.   Sitting for friends.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.