Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Oh hell yeah @GATraveller
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Cat wondering just how many bites will I become... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    @nolaegghead That looks wonderful.  We are big on eggplant here, do you happen to have a recipe for the casserole?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    thetrim said:
    Season 5, Episode 6

Might be a long night...
    Of what show?  Smallville or Arrow?
    BB.  

Took me a long time to get on the bandwagon. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @nolaegghead @dbCooper I’m interested as well. I struggle to make a good eggplant dish.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    SciAggie said:
    @nolaegghead @dbCooper I’m interested as well. I struggle to make a good eggplant dish.
    My favorite way to eat egg plant is to julienne, batter, and fry.  Simple but effective.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    edited June 2020
    I like eggplant sliced and grilled w some oil and ribeye seasoning.  

There is also a restaurant called Anthony’s Coal fired pizza.  They do it in a pizza oven in long slices w a red sauce.  It’s amazing. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Eggplant casserole 

love eggplant casserole.  we cut them the long way, more like lasagna
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SciAggie
    thetrim said:

There is also a restaurant called Anthony’s Coal fired pizza.  They do it in a pizza oven in long slices w a red sauce.  It’s amazing. 
    Like long sticks, or flat slabs? That sounds good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    SciAggie said:
    thetrim said:

Like long sticks, or flat slabs? That sounds good. 

Flat, wide, and thin slices.  They call it Eggplant Marino i.e. Dan Marino

Here's a nice breakdown. Combo pan fried and baked...

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    @thetrim Thanks. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Doglegdave
    Doglegdave Posts: 29
    Baleage (storing hay in plastic @ a higher moisture content) allows you to bale hay that you ordinarily would need to dry more.  The fermentation does add nutritive value.  Would normally bale @ less than 20% moisture.  Baleage is normally between 40% and 60% moisture.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354

What are the things on the horses feet? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    About to put jerk chicken thighs on. Just waiting for the Large to come up to temp and the thighs to get a little less chilly.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    Dobie said:

Those are a type of bell boots.  These particular ones we keep on all the time because of how this horse lays down.  He folds his legs under and gets leg sores when he does not have the boots on.

We also use different kinds of boots depending on what we are doing.  There are splint boots, support boots, hock boots, skid boots, standard bell boots, etc.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Dobie said:

Those are a type of bell boots.  These particular ones we keep on all the time because of how this horse lays down.  He folds his legs under and gets leg sores when he does not have the boots on.

We also use different kinds of boots depending on what we are doing.  There are splint boots, support boots, hock boots, skid boots, standard bell boots, etc.

Wow...a horse that has more shoes than my wife does.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:

You have no idea.  If you wanted just a play horse for trails and stuff, it wouldn't be so bad, but a competition horse is like outfitting a kid for soccer, hockey, football, kendo, swimming, and cheerleading.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381

Full size Aussie? Have a 2 year old mini that’s a handful!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

Yup, full size.  He is a phenomenal dog.  I have never had a dog so easy to train and so driven to please.  Only problem is he was destined for the UK, so they did not dock his tail.  With him being around horses and other livestock, I would have preferred a docked tail.  It makes a handy place for cows to bite and grab on to.  Aside from that, this might be the last breed I ever own.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited June 2020
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:

@HeavyG I doubt that.  I quit counting once I passed 100 pairs of her shoes.  And that's not counting all the running/walking shoes.  Periodically I toss out a pair of two of the runners/walker to cull the herd.  She has never commented which means she has never noticed.    B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    lousubcap said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:

@HeavyG I doubt that.  I quit counting once I passed 100 pairs of her shoes.  And that's not counting all the running/walking shoes.  Periodically I toss out a pair of two of the runners/walker to cull the heard.  She has never commented which means she has never noticed.    B)
    The horses get new shoes and a pedicure every 8 weeks, but we toss out the old ones 😁
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Made some homemade salsa earlier for fajitas this evening. Forgot I touched the roasted jalapeno and scratched my eye. The burning is just now wearing off. ;)
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    fence0407 said:
    Made some homemade salsa earlier for fajitas this evening. Forgot I touched the roasted jalapeno and scratched my eye. The burning is just now wearing off. ;)
    I have to laugh because my son has started prepping the ingredients for our meals.  Last week he diced a bunch of or fresh jalapeno for freezing.  He washed his hands, but not very well.  About 20 minutes later he rubbed his eyes.  He started freaking out and didn't know why his eyes were on fire.  It took about 20 min to get better.
  • ColbyLang
    gmanrva said:

Damn! Croakers and blue points!!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

Yup, full size.  He is a phenomenal dog.  I have never had a dog so easy to train and so driven to please.  Only problem is he was destined for the UK, so they did not dock his tail.  With him being around horses and other livestock, I would have preferred a docked tail.  It makes a handy place for cows to bite and grab on to.  Aside from that, this might be the last breed I ever own.
    Ours is loyal to a fault. No livestock, just kids. She protects them more than any other breed I’ve seen. Very wary of strangers. She too is eager to please and extremely smart.