Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @thetrim - posts crossing in the ether  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @lousubcap I’m going to take this opportunity to pile on, about a month ago fedex sat in my driveway searching his truck for 10 minutes then left without leaving a package wtf.  When I got home later that afternoon there was a box on my step big enough for mini fridge. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Sea2Ski said:
    Went to see the pigs.
    yep. Still hungry as always. 

Yesssss!!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited May 2020
    Sea2Ski said:
    Went to see the pigs.
    yep. Still hungry as always. 

Yours are more happy than the ones I saw today.  Buddy and I butchered our first hog.  From the time it was killed to on ice in the cooler was just under an hour.  The farmer couldn't believe we had never done it before.  There was a group of guys in front of us and it took them 3.5 hours to do 2.  Tomorrow will be the true test as we will start cutting it up for chops and grinding.

If anyone is interested we watched a bunch of videos on youtube and by far the most helpful ones were by a group called the bearded butchers.  Check them out.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @saluki2007 The bearded butchers are good. I like their videos.  Yes, our pigs are pretty happy. Lots of room to roam and root through the dirt to find food. With all the growth,  we do not feed them too much this time of the year, so they look a bit thin right now. Plus, two are still feeding their litters - you can not feed those mothers enough and actually look skinny, but they are fine.  Like I said, they are always hungry. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    You tell'n me Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?
    Las Vegas, NV

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Cooking  a chicken....for salad tomorrow..no spatch....no can.....might be done..
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Sea2Ski
    It was just decided and communicated that unless there is a major development, that for everyone’s safety no one will be returning to our office for the summer, and even the fall is in question at this point. 

Just sitting in astonishment how much the world has changed just for me. Then I think how it has changed for my friends and family, and not just here, but everywhere in the world. From large cities to isolated remote towns.  It is just boggling my mind.
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Now I am planning a project.....
    Large and MiniMax

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Shaking my head a how freaking huge my auto policy bill is for USAA.  Might need to go talk to my girl Flo
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan said:
    Finally some decent weather!

I envy any guy with that many chicks in his lap. Not to mention the beer and view.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Sausage, zucchini and onion, cucumbers 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    thetrim said:
    Shaking my head a how freaking huge my auto policy bill is for USAA.  Might need to go talk to my girl Flo
    I left USAA in '95, just two years in with them.  Went back to State Farm, and have had two GREAT experiences with them since (PM me if interested), I'm a customer for life.  
    No experience with "Flo's" company (can't even remember who it is, Progressive?)  Love their commercials, but how much of their customers' semi-annual payments go to those slick, funny, repetitive TV commercials?  They ain't cheep.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I like the “space dust” @ColtsFan but it’s $12.49 a 6 pack here
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Time to start grinding. 

Heaven!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited May 2020
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:
    I left USAA in '95, just two years in with them.  Went back to State Farm, and have had two GREAT experiences with them since (PM me if interested), I'm a customer for life.  
    No experience with "Flo's" company (can't even remember who it is, Progressive?)  Love their commercials, but how much of their customers' semi-annual payments go to those slick, funny, repetitive TV commercials?  They ain't cheep.  
    You know what insurance companies do to customers for life? Screw them over with sky high rates to cover the cost of the promotions and discounts they offer to new customers. I was a State Farm lifer until I shopped around and realized how bad I was getting screwed. After three years, I’m seeing the new company jacking up my rates substantially on cars that have deprecated in value. Unfortunately the loyal customer gets screwed every time. 

Also, it costs more to pay stars like Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahommes to perform in commercials over Flo. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:
    You know what insurance companies do to customers for life? Screw them over with sky high rates to cover the cost of the promotions and discounts they offer to new customers. I was a State Farm lifer until I shopped around and realized how bad I was getting screwed. After three years, I’m seeing the new company jacking up my rates substantially on cars that have deprecated in value. Unfortunately the loyal customer gets screwed every time. 

Also, it costs more to pay stars like Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahommes to perform in commercials over Flo. 
    Truth. Flo has it all. Saved initially but one must shop every couple of years.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Is pear wood any good for smoking? I just cut a small tree down and logged it up. Worth chopping up for chunks?
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    Wishing I was at the Georgia mountain eggfest. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Eoin said:
    Is pear wood any good for smoking? I just cut a small tree down and logged it up. Worth chopping up for chunks?
    Sounds like an experiment. Let us know how it turns out. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Arguing about return shipping with Nike. Send my wife the complete wrong shoe from what she ordered. No big deal. Refund, return, all good. Not so much. They’re demanding I pay return shipping. I’ve already gotten my refund. People are so ignorant sometimes
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    ColbyLang said:
    Arguing about return shipping with Nike. Send my wife the complete wrong shoe from what she ordered. No big deal. Refund, return, all good. Not so much. They’re demanding I pay return shipping. I’ve already gotten my refund. People are so ignorant sometimes
    Yeah, set them out on the stoop for pickup. 😂