Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That sounds pretty amazing.  I'd love to get a hold of some of that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume -  I enjoy the Colonel's small batch as well although the local boutique stores jack the price right up there.  

Try the single barrel if you can get it - I like it better.  I don’t expect to find this one for $70 if I can find it at all.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    But the Please Stay Home thread is still alive, right?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    But the Please Stay Home thread is still alive, right?
    Sunk as well I believe.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just checked.  It's in purgatory....  Still there just doesn't go to the top when someone makes a new comment.... 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume -  I enjoy the Colonel's small batch as well although the local boutique stores jack the price right up there.  

Try the single barrel if you can get it - I like it better.  I don’t expect to find this one for $70 if I can find it at all.
    Yes, my son has a bottle of the single barrel and it is good, just can't find it very often.  Here in the bourbon center of the country the Taylor Small Batch is going for $80 so there's no chance the new edition will open at less than a Benjamin if any is sold in this market.  There is big $$ to be made "exporting" bourbon within the US, never mind the foreign markets.  Those of us close to the action pay a premium to get any high-end releases.  He!! Blanton's is priced at $80 a bottle as well.  At least the Buffalo Trace is down at $25/bottle.  
    Happy hunting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    Red-chile cheese enchiladas topped with Mexican créma, homemade guac, beans (cherry tomatoes and flour tortillas not shown).  

(all made with fresh garlic, tanqueveddymuch)  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Lobster stew for Mother’s Day lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Stalling
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • ApexPredator
    Options

Snack food. Jalapeño Poppers.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Crazy day here. My sister and I coordinated our visits to my parents for Mother's Day so that we could yard visit and still keep our distance. Parents can stay on their covered porch and we can stay in the yard.
    SWMBO and I showed up around noon. We had a good visit, talking about their birds, the shelter in place,etc.. 
    My Mom said she wasn't feeling well. Sweats, nausea and chest pain. We took her to the local hospital where they immediately got her in for an EKG and confirmed she was having a heart attack. This is a small band-aid station so no heart catheters here. They pumped her full of meds and we had her taken to Bloomington (where I live) for further evaluation.
    Long story short, she had a 98% blockage, stint put in and she's doing good. 4 hours total time from initial symptoms, to local hospital, to Bloomington for heart cath and stint. Of course we had to just sit in the parking lot and depend on updates from the nurse. She should be home Tuesday, maybe tomorrow...they aren't holding patients for obvious COVID reasons.
    Hell of a Mother's Day 🙂
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Glad y'all were there and happy she is doing so well!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Crazy day here. My sister and I coordinated our visits to my parents for Mother's Day so that we could yard visit and still keep our distance. Parents can stay on their covered porch and we can stay in the yard.
    SWMBO and I showed up around noon. We had a good visit, talking about their birds, the shelter in place,etc.. 
    My Mom said she wasn't feeling well. Sweats, nausea and chest pain. We took her to the local hospital where they immediately got her in for an EKG and confirmed she was having a heart attack. This is a small band-aid station so no heart catheters here. They pumped her full of meds and we had her taken to Bloomington (where I live) for further evaluation.
    Long story short, she had a 98% blockage, stint put in and she's doing good. 4 hours total time from initial symptoms, to local hospital, to Bloomington for heart cath and stint. Of course we had to just sit in the parking lot and depend on updates from the nurse. She should be home Tuesday, maybe tomorrow...they aren't holding patients for obvious COVID reasons.
    Hell of a Mother's Day 🙂
    Wow man that is nuts.  Glad she’s going to be OK.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Hell of a Mother's Day 🙂
    Damn man, glad you were there.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Thanks fellas. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Wow @ColtsFan I’m glad you were there to catch it. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Second batch of meatballs going in. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    @ColtsFan - on the positive side, that is a great Mother's Day outcome right there.  Glad all is working out and she will be released soon.  Stay strong for your family.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @ColtsFan I am glad she is doing well now, and I hope her recovery is swift and painless. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    SciAggie said:

She made banana bread in a cup - in the microwave 

I love her to the moon and back. 
    :lol: I can see why!  Love it!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I made chicken piccata for my wife for Mother’s Day (her request)

She made banana bread in a cup - in the microwave 

I love her to the moon and back. 
    I love you to the moon and back @sciaggie
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    More Basturma....
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    More Basturma....
    Impressive.

Are those who make basturma known as “basturds?”
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    so thinking jb weld should fix this up, definitely got my moneys worth with this one

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    wallpapering
    thinking the house would be done right now if i just stayed at home

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it