Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Legs and St Louis today.  Mother in law and wife request, respectively.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Outta sight @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

This was different for sure. Potatoes wrapped in foil and baked on the egg along with the broccoli in papillote. Chicken and gravy from the Instant Pot. I prefer egged chicken but for tenderness you can't beat cooking under pressure. Just wanted to try something different and the wife and kids loved it....mission accomplished. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Pulled pork peach butt tacos. They were good. I left the dish on top of the stove while I watched tv. I heard a snuffling and gulping. Where’s Waldo? Waldo is standing on his hind legs and helping himself! Probably ate a half pound before I caught him and put the que back in the fridge. Scavenger extraordinaire!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Ribeye cap steak from Costco always been curious to try this one. Very enjoyable:-)
    Nailed the temp, I would say. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker thanks man! It was perfect for me! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Not on the egg but made some really solid panang curry. Served over roasted cauliflower rice. Sorry for the terrible picture, i didn’t think to snap a picture until packing up some leftovers.   

This was another recipe from twosleevers.com

if you haven’t tried any of her dishes I would recommend you give some a try. Easy week night meals and a bunch can be done in the instapot. 
    +1 on Urvashi Pitre.

Her recipes also don’t require many uncommon spices, assuming you keep a good rack on hand. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @lousubcap - that’s a bunch of sandwiches right there.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Options
    Anything and Everything.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Sunday night family dinner. Missing the extended fam tho.  And the flank steak is a 2.75 lb monster destined for sammies this coronaweek. 

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    APL Pork Tenderloin with Peach Preserves and Rosemary

Mountain View, CA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Bump

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - now that is a top-shelf bump right there!  Can't wait to see the results.  No pressure to nail that bad boy  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Standing by @JIC, can't wait to see how that turns out.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle