Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I could almost read it for you but @botch ruined the zoom function
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I will take care of it before I light her up. It will probably be a nice gentle low and slow. Fast and scorching hot can come later.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I could almost read it for you but @botch ruined the zoom function
    If I ever make an Eggfest/Brisket Camp/other, I'll be the tall ugly guy wearing a t-shirt that sez "Yeah, I ruined the Zoom function".  

:cry:  

:tongue:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Oh, and today I bought TARS!  

This afternoon I bought two sets of tires, two for my 1992 snowblower, and four for my new Audi. The snowblower tires were $26 apiece; the old ones still had plenty of tread (I take it easy on the corners) but wouldn't hold air anymore, got tired of pumping them up every time I needed to use the snowblower.

I didn't even get 15K miles on the Continental "ContiSport Contact" tires that came with the car (I take it less easy on the corners), and they were $480, apiece, and had NO mileage guarantee!  

I ended up ordering Firestone's new "Eagle Exhilarate", $1,150 for four, and maybe try to slow down a bit, in the corners. 
    Or not.  =)  

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Botch said:
    Oh, and today I bought TARS!  

This afternoon I bought two sets of tires, two for my 1992 snowblower, and four for my new Audi. The snowblower tires were $26 apiece; the old ones still had plenty of tread (I take it easy on the corners) but wouldn't hold air anymore, got tired of pumping them up every time I needed to use the snowblower.

I didn't even get 15K miles on the Continental "ContiSport Contact" tires that came with the car (I take it less easy on the corners), and they were $480, apiece, and had NO mileage guarantee!  

I ended up ordering Firestone's new "Eagle Exhilarate", $1,150 for four, and maybe try to slow down a bit, in the corners. 
    Or not.  =)  
    Be careful Man, there is a difference. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Botch - I would bet your Audi has different tire sizes front to rear with the front being slightly smaller to reduce the chance for over-steer.  So, if you can get equal mileage across the four then you are one fortunate driver.  FWIW-
    And listen to @frazzdaddy - I have never met him but he knows a lot about cars and those that go quite fast just based on his offered insights here.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Am I doing it right?
    That is one configuration I use! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - I would bet your Audi has different tire sizes front to rear with the front being slightly smaller to reduce the chance for over-steer.  So, if you can get equal mileage across the four then you are one fortunate driver.  FWIW-
    And listen to @frazzdaddy - I have never met him but he knows a lot about cars and those that go quite fast just based on his offered insights here.   
    Nope, the tires are identical, all four.  I did not, however, check all four tires for equal wear.  
    My first two cars were RWD, but with weak engines so I couldn't really "kick the tail out" or steer with my throttle, at all.  Next 3 cars were all FWD Saabs, great fun scaring passengers with torque steer from a stop, but still couldn't have that much fun in corners.  
    The 4WD Audi is the same, She's planted and controllable around corners, but She just grips-n-goes, no wheelspin nor sliding at all.  So glad I had a 600cc sport bike, to really rip and have fun; it's been replaced with a 1200cc BMW, not as much fun to ride but with the leg room, I can ride it 9 hours/day (90 minutes for the Yamaha).  
    Old Age sucks, and is not for the Weak.   :angry:

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice setup @Gulfcoastguy!

I scanned the receipts of all 3 of my eggs,  and emailed them to myself. Takes less than a minute for me to pull any of them up on my phone. Came in very handy when I had 2 warranty claims. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @caliking I just took close up pictures of both. My pictures are backed up in the cloud.
  • Greta_Egg_Fleet
    Options
    Just put in a deposit with a local farmer for 1/2 a hog which will be ready in September.  They are sold out on beef for now, but will also be ordering 1/4 beef for the end of the year.  Yes, I have become a doomsday prepper.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Nope, the tires are identical, all four.  I did not, however, check all four tires for equal wear.  
    My first two cars were RWD, but with weak engines so I couldn't really "kick the tail out" or steer with my throttle, at all.  Next 3 cars were all FWD Saabs, great fun scaring passengers with torque steer from a stop, but still couldn't have that much fun in corners.  
    The 4WD Audi is the same, She's planted and controllable around corners, but She just grips-n-goes, no wheelspin nor sliding at all.  So glad I had a 600cc sport bike, to really rip and have fun; it's been replaced with a 1200cc BMW, not as much fun to ride but with the leg room, I can ride it 9 hours/day (90 minutes for the Yamaha).  

I have the same bike you used to, but I find if I get off every hour, I can go all day. Hmmm, that could be misinterpreted, or get me propositioned.

I'm careful with different tires on the bike, but never thought there'd be an issue with car tires. Who cares if it slides? That sounds like fun!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• frazzdaddy
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:

I have the same bike you used to, but I find if I get off every hour, I can go all day. Hmmm, that could be misinterpreted, or get me propositioned.

I'm careful with different tires on the bike, but never thought there'd be an issue with car tires. Who cares if it slides? That sounds like fun!
    Kinda depends on how far it slides before it hooks up again, or if it does at all.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

Just replaced all the fuel lines and primer bulb on mine after 8 years. Best saw I've ever owned.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

Just replaced all the fuel lines and primer bulb on mine after 8 years. Best saw I've ever owned.
    I like the Husqvarna stuff, good equipment. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    Also bought today and now fitted, new handles for the sledge hammer and splitting axe. The hammer lives on, it was my grandfathers, so I like to keep it going.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

• Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

Tim's would be bigger.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

Tim's would be bigger.
    Lol. I was hoping you’d get it. Wasn’t sure if Tim the Toolman was on TV across the pond. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    New chain saw. 

Tim's would be bigger.
    Lol. I was hoping you’d get it. Wasn’t sure if Tim the Toolman was on TV across the pond. 
    We had Tim over here too, regular viewing.
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Yes the beef challenge is on.  When you have extremely limited selections on the SRF (no black grade briskets under 20 lbs as an indicator)  site and they are a cradle to grave operation, people are into hoarding.  I thought we were past that part of the curve but obviously missed the mark.  
    PSA- National Brisket Day is Thursday May 28, 2020.  Time to get focused with a meaningful diversion.  Wet aging is in play now with a Heartbrand brisket-virgin supplier for me but it looks incredible.    
    (Edit:)  In view of the thread title I did buy one SRF Gold grade brisket for my Father's Day annual cook.  Now to get there  B) 
    Be well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Not sure my Bug-A-Salt is up to this task. Might need a .410 with salt loads.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Well I just took delivery yesterday of this 800 lb beast, Powermatic 8” jointer with helical cutting head and parallelogram indeed/outfeed tables. Since I am getting out of the BBQ catering biz, I have decided to upgrade my wood shop and make things like this 2” solid walnut end-grain cutting board that I’m in the process of finishing.

The jointer didn’t even make the truck squat at all when it was loaded in the back.

When you start producing, put me on the list for one of those boards 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    Options
    @CTMike - Great to see you surfaced here as I hope that is an even more positive indicator than I can imagine.  My best to you and your wife.
    Glad you are able to continue to devote time and energy to your passions in life.  Best of luck with this next chapter.  
    Cap
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Well I just took delivery yesterday of this 800 lb beast, Powermatic 8” jointer with helical cutting head and parallelogram indeed/outfeed tables. Since I am getting out of the BBQ catering biz, I have decided to upgrade my wood shop and make things like this 2” solid walnut end-grain cutting board that I’m in the process of finishing.

The jointer didn’t even make the truck squat at all when it was loaded in the back.

Beautiful cutting board, I’d buy one if you start selling em
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    @CTMike I would pay you to take me for a ride in that sweet money wagon
    South of Columbus, Ohio.