Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Buff reached up and Killed the Kim Jong Un thread.  He's still out there, and I'm surprised he's let this one go as long as long as he has.

I think it shows the allegiance of where the bison stands...

This thread has been nothing short of...

Dead Americans = Bad for Trump = Yipeee!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    I propose public intercourse.
    Where I’m from, this is illegal at the best of times, never mind the stay at home orders. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Belgium’s Deputy Prime Minister hamfistedly trying to put on a face mask. 😂

https://youtu.be/2f7sOfCPUn8
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,065
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Seems like a normal presidential thing to say, but what do I know.
    Options
    Is it just me, or has Trump really lost his touch with the catchy nicknames?
    Stillwater, MN
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Is it just me, or has Trump really lost his touch with the catchy nicknames?
    No, he still is using the same names that third graders use.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    Options
    wow,   maine  pushed out travel restrictions for outa staters til august.  my masshole plates havent gotten me in trouble yet but i wonder if that will catch up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    wow,   maine  pushed out travel restrictions for outa staters til august.  my masshole plates havent gotten me in trouble yet but i wonder if that will catch up
    That’s interesting.  I was reading this morning that Maine is one of a handful of states where the data for reopening is actually looking pretty good.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That’s interesting.  I was reading this morning that Maine is one of a handful of states where the data for reopening is actually looking pretty good.

thats what ive seen as well.  they dont social distance from what ive seen but everyone is watching the plates, i dont think it would go well if i actually stopped and went into a store. their numbers are way down but tourist season is right around the corner.

the people are not liking the governor right now, sunday river brew opened up last week and she had their liquor and food license pulled, this morning the owner says he is opening up anyways.  last year as governor i would say

waiting to see what she does with the beach rentals as well, our family beach house tax is 17k for pretty much 2.5 months of use and we rent it as much as possible
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    thetrim said:

That’s funny.  It certainly looks like another election year of lesser of two evils.

I take it you still think Trump is that guy and that’s why you’re buying into the “he had some women complain too” smokescreen?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Sounds totally legit, not self-centered at all.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Ah well sir, there is a reason for that. You... are no Abraham Lincoln
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

That’s funny.  It certainly looks like another election year of lesser of two evils.

I take it you still think Trump is that guy and that’s why you’re buying into the “he had some women complain too” smokescreen?
    If there were ever prime examples of perfect times to vote third party, 2016 and 2020 would be it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,750
    Options
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

If there were ever prime examples of perfect times to vote third party, 2016 and 2020 would be it. 
    In theory I love the idea of a strong third-party candidate, but when it's choosing between a turd sandwich and giant douche (stole from South Park) you still have to hold your nose and vote for the slightly less despicable or run the risk of electing the most despicable.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    "If there were ever prime examples of perfect times to vote third party, 2016 and 2020 would be it. 

No doubt.  I didn't really WANT to vote independent in 2016.  I just couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the major candidates.  I will likely vote independent again this year. I was surprised/disappointed how many people were actually able to pull the trigger on either of the major candidates in 2016.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,535
    Options
    I voted third party too in 2016, by mail, three weeks before Election Day.  At that time, a local named McMuffin McMullen was running neck-n-neck with trump, and Hillary a far-back third.  I figured Hillary would take it, and was really hoping that trump wouldn't have taken one of the reddest states in the Union.  Didn't happen, though.  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2020
    Options

Ah well sir, there is a reason for that. You... are no Abraham Lincoln
    lol, on the disagree. The whole "Honest Abe" nickname will be your first fail in that debate, but you be you.  

“I shall have my hands full,” a worried Stephen Douglas said when told that the Republicans had chosen Lincoln to run against him for the U.S. Senate in 1858, “He is the strong man of his party—full of wit, facts, dates—and the best stump speaker, with his droll ways and dry jokes, in the West.  He is as honest as he is shrewd, and if I beat him my victory will be hardly won.”  It is noteworthy that even Lincoln’s enemies and opponents considered him honest.  Lincoln’s character embraced such integrity that his longtime nemesis, Stephen Douglas, could only admire it.  He earned a reputation for honesty while working the circuit as a lawyer.  As Richard Carwardine writes in his Lincoln biography, “The nickname ‘honest Abe’ was not the fabrication of party publicists but a mark of the universal respect in which he was held as a lawyer of scrupulous honesty.  This reputation spilled into the political arena, where he was widely perceived as just and fair-minded in debate, and adverse to gaining an advantage by foul means.”  Certainly, Lincoln lived up to his sobriquet “Honest Abe.”
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

Couldn't disagree more. Any vote that is not for Biden (pinch your nose if you have to - I know I will) is a vote for the Trumpster getting a second term.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

Couldn't disagree more. Any vote that is not for Biden (pinch your nose if you have to - I know I will) is a vote for the Trumpster getting a second term.

I think I could justify voting third party in a state that was firmly blue or red.  But in a swing state it just seems criminal.  

But then there are folks who are convinced that Hillary would have been every bit as bad as Trump, so what do I know...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    BENGHAZI!!!
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

Options
    Anyone ever hear of Trump being called Honest Don?

Asking for a friend.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Good article from the failing NY Times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/she-predicted-coronavirus-does-she-185553863.html

Sorry if it has been previously posted.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I mean do folks really imagine Clinton appointing a labradooodle breeder to manage the government’s response to a pandemic?