Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    PigBeanUs said:
    Gotta love all the Evangelicals out there protesting that they're not going to let something invisible control their lives.
    The Republican party has no ground to stand upon to hold any citizen in our country responsible to uphold their position of "Right to Life."

Trey Hollingsworth, Republican representitive from Indiana, and Dan Patrick, Republican Lt. Gov from Texas, are both willing to ask Americans to give their lives for the support of the econonmy.

Forcing the United States back to work, after their administration failed, across the board, at handling this crisis, is without a doubt, a clear indication of the value the "Right to Lifers" have for human life. Ours, not theirs.

The next conversation regarding "Right to Life" will be silenced quickly, when this major hypocrisy is pointed out.

Republicans, keep being you. November is coming.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Bill Michell is on to something!

• fiber_induced_deuce
    fiber_induced_deuce Posts: 270
    edited April 2020
    SciAggie said:
    JonWesson said:
    rn's protest in washington dc today.    bad work conditions.   huge turnouts.

Is this for real?

Absolutely.  In fact, it was much larger than the RN protest when Obummer was in office.  

Nobody has ever had a larger RN protest.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    SciAggie said:
    JonWesson said:
    rn's protest in washington dc today.    bad work conditions.   huge turnouts.

Is this for real?

Absolutely.  In fact, it was much larger than the RN protest when Obummer was in office.  

Nobody has ever had a larger RN protest.
    Well, good to know.

Currently we have 5 times the infections of any country on the face of the planet, twice the number of deaths, and more people hospitalized than any other country on earth.

If I were frontline health care, I would be demanding more than our sorry excuse for a president provided for his citizens.

Job number one is protect Ameican lives. He has done nothing. 

I applaud the nurses. If More Americans were any smarter, they would be taking their flags and guns to Washington DC to protest the situation they are in rather than going to the state capitols. Trump caused the situation we are in now. Take your message to him, not the governors trying to save your life, embiciles.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2020
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

Obviously not covered in Jesus' blood.

Or was he...???
    Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child? 
    Yes. Why? Is that the same as Jesus' blood?

I wonder how many paint chips this genius ate?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/im-covered-in-jesus-blood-defiant-churchgoer-tells-cnn-she-cant-get-sick-because-shes-christian/
    You can't fix stupid. 
    "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians" Mahatma Gandhi (maybe) 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    quarantine = no human right
    no quarantine = no human left
    canuckland
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I really love reading  this thread....It's my new news feed in the AM with my coffee...I agree with a few and not so much with others, but I find it all informative and amusing .   Keep it coming!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Good to see our President focused like a laser on the issues that matter during this pandemic:

I’ve been a conservative my entire life. After watching how the GOP has conducted themselves during this pandemic, I’m 100% done with them. I don’t want to be associated with that level of stupidity. Trump insults my intelligence everytime he opens his mouth. My governor is dumber than a box of rocks. It’s blatantly clear that the GOP does not care about the safety of the American public. The number one job our government has is to protect American citizens and keep
    us safe. I used to feel the that the GOP was best suited for that task. I was sadly mistaken. My days as a registered Republican as over as soon as it’s safe to change my voter registration. 
    The political realignment of this will be a historical moment.
    The Senate is in play.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Watch tonight's Frontline on PBS.  Goes over the history from the first patient in Seattle to the present.  From the perspective of the medical community, scientists, nurses and doctors.  Very good.
    Bill Michell is on to something!

You should have read some of the replies to that tweet...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Probably no one will get this, but:

Trust government experts Hollywoods Obama-era advice

Probably no one will get this, but:

Trust government experts Hollywoods Obama-era advice

Ah yes... Alan Krumwiede.
    Does art imitate life or does life imitate art?

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Anyone else catch Trumpy saying that he’s receiving calls from “hundreds of Governors” the other day?  
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    While driving to work this morning, the radio show I was listening to stated that according to a study from Massachusetts, the average age of deaths due to Covid 19 is 81 in that state.  They also stated that the death rate is .1%.  That is point one percent.  They believe that the virus has been here for a while.  The flu has the same death rate with a vaccine.  I have not verified this but wanted to share.  I’m not excited about anyone’s death, but this report gives us more hope.  
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    While driving to work this morning, the radio show I was listening to stated that according to a study from Massachusetts, the average age of deaths due to Covid 19 is 81 in that state.  They also stated that the death rate is .1%.  That is point one percent.  They believe that the virus has been here for a while.  The flu has the same death rate with a vaccine.  I have not verified this but wanted to share.  I’m not excited about anyone’s death, but this report gives us more hope.  
    What was the radio show?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    On March 22nd:
    Globally - 333,707 infected. 14,735 had died.
    USA - 33150 infected. 509 had died.

One month later:

(As of 11:15 a.m. EST) April 22nd:
    Globally - 2,586,266 infected. 179,929 have died
    USA - 820,030 have been infected. 45,417 have died.

In the USA, alone: 892% increase in deaths in the USA, 247% increase in infections.

It should be mentioned as a reminder; This was done while we were sheltered in place by the direction of the current administration, to keep the numbers low.

You decide if your health, and the health of your loved ones, is worth you risking exposure.

The current administration, and the republican party, has politicized this by supporting the protests around the country to lift the restrictions, and the members of the republican party telling people they should give their life for the betterment of our economy. 

I have also noticed in doing so, preparing for the phasing in of reopening the economy, more money has been made available for the states in the construction of facilities to "house" Covid19 patients (Note the terminology of "house" vs. "treat").

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    So... given the current number of deaths in NYC that have been attributed to this, in order for that 0.1% number to be valid, you would have to assume that the *entire* population of NYC had been infected.  

That seems... highly unlikely to me, to put it mildly.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    So... given the current number of deaths in NYC that have been attributed to this, in order for that 0.1% number to be valid, you would have to assume that the *entire* population of NYC had been infected.  

That seems... highly unlikely to me, to put it mildly.  

it was about mass nursing facilities where the age of 81 comes up and its scary numbers. a third of the facilities in mass have more than 30 cases of covid 19. they tested one home near me, 53 cases with 107 in the home, 6 died in 3 days last week, no idea what the count is right now as they just aint reporting

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it