Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I’m sorry to hear that news Ron. My condolences. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

That is statistically much less likely now than if you’d posted this just after Xmas.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Just arranged for my meds to be delivered to my front door. Also, just got a home grocery delivery thru Instacart. Two hours after ordering. Pretty awesome. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    YukonRon said:
    We lost a friend of ours last night. We were notified by his ex-wife today. A father of two young sons, a long time UPS employee, became ill last week, 7 days ago, and died last night at 11:00 P.M.

He was with his children the weekend prior to his illness, it was the last time he saw his two boys.

He called his ex wife, just before he died, to tell her and the children goodbye, because he did not think he would ever wake up again.

Our friend and his co parent had the children to make a card for his casket, however there will be no funeral due to the possible danger that remains.

If you pray, pray for his family, his children, his girlfriend and his ex wife who lost a wonderful co parent.

If you don't pray, keep them in your thoughts, and please for all that is wonderful on earth.....stay safe. 

He was 46. No known underlying health issues. He could not get tested. He was like you and I. Proud parent working hard to provide, trying to get through.

These are the people that do not have priveledge for testing, much less immediate results.

Forgive me for my anger due to my selfish sense of loss. I fear this story will become common for us in the next several weeks and months, and I hope it will not be to you.

This country needs to come together and realize the danger each of us face. 

Understand why we are here, and realize what we must do to change the direction of this crisis.

7 days.

Already prayed for them and everyone suffering from this, regardless.......
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I’m sorry for your loss, Ron.  Definitely will be praying for all so horribly affected by the Fahkin virus. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Sorry for your loss Ron.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    One more family added to our ever growing prayer list...So sorry for you and Suzy 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ron....so sorry. This $hit is serious stuff. It may well touch most of us in some way before we put it in the past. Be strong....prayers sent.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Just arranged for my meds to be delivered to my front door. Also, just got a home grocery delivery thru Instacart. Two hours after ordering. Pretty awesome. =)

One of my roommates when I lived in Montana got giardia. When we'd go hiking he'd have to leave the trail so his meds could be delivered to his back door. We'd throw rocks at him to aid in the process.
    Yours seems more convenient. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Glad to hear we are practicing magic online in some places and not spreading the virus by congregating.   Although I agree with the woman that said being coated with Jesus blood protects her...as if anyone wants to get close to someone coated in blood.  Probably has some traction with that argument.

One of my roommates when I lived in Montana got giardia. When we'd go hiking he'd have to leave the trail so his meds could be delivered to his back door. We'd throw rocks at him to aid in the process.
    Yours seems more convenient. 
    BaaaaaaHaaaaaaa. I would do this same thing. Hilarious. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    On the whole “ventilator and DNR” thing; make sure you choose your hospital to die in carefully. There are some that will ignore your wishes for the greater glory of you-know-who. Neighbors wife (pre covid) had to pull him out of one to stop the constant reviviing.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Glad to hear we are practicing magic online in some places and not spreading the virus by congregating.   Although I agree with the woman that said being coated with Jesus blood protects her...as if anyone wants to get close to someone coated in blood.  Probably has some traction with that argument.
    Pin en Holidaze

Her: "wanna hang out? I'm covered in the blood of Jesus!"
    Me: "I'm good"
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon said:
    The USA lost around 1046 people today with 2 minutes before close at GMT.

No other country lost more today than we. This is just the beggining of the very critical next 45-60 days.

Good thing Trump disbanded the pandemic office. Things seem to be going smooth without it.

Reactive and not proactive. You have no chance to win or even control with that strategy.

Hindsight will certainly be 2020.

What an awful stain in American history.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Saying the pandemic office was disbanded isnt true. The positions were reorganized into existing agencies. Just throwing out "OH NOE ORANGE CHEETO MAN RUINED AMERICA BY DISBANDING THE PANDEMIC OFFICE I NEED A SAFE SPACE I'M MELTING" certainly fits the narrative to shed a bad light on the current administration.  But it's not true. The jobs are still there. 

Here is an article discussing this, and it also delves into the pros and cons of the move. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/20/was-white-house-office-global-pandemics-eliminated/

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JohnInCarolina
    Saying the pandemic office was disbanded isnt true. The positions were reorganized into existing agencies. Just throwing out "OH NOE ORANGE CHEETO MAN RUINED AMERICA BY DISBANDING THE PANDEMIC OFFICE I NEED A SAFE SPACE I'M MELTING" certainly fits the narrative to shed a bad light on the current administration.  But it's not true. The jobs are still there. 

Here is an article discussing this, and it also delves into the pros and cons of the move. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/20/was-white-house-office-global-pandemics-eliminated/
    I also don’t think this is all that big a deal, especially in light of all the actual errors and mistakes the administration has made.
  • milesvdustin
    Which mistakes, same ones all the other countries have made? This isnt so much an america problem as it is the entire world. 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Which mistakes, same ones all the other countries have made? This isnt so much an america problem as it is the entire world. 
    So his response on this gets a 10/10 from you so far?  Sound about right?

Just like there are folks who think every thing Trump does is another example of "ORANGE MAN BAD", it appears that there are also folks who are simply incapable of recognizing his mistakes.    
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited April 2020

1. Read the first 2 sentences again. S l o w l y.

Which mistakes, same ones all the other countries have made?...
    2. LOL. That's all. 

Have you started taking your hydroxychloroquine yet??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited April 2020
    Yes the pandemic is a problem for the entire world, it's how you handle it that helps to minimise the damage/death, it's more than just a number. Don't paint "all the other countries" with the same BS.

btw, did someone brag about doing more tests than S. Korea? For Christ sake, pick anyone but leave S. Korea alone pleeeeese ...

Read this on FB yesterday, I suppose you can argue it's FAKE news.

My mom recently went back to Korea for her own safety (she has no medical insurance here) and I need to share her coronavirus experience because this is some next level stuff.
    Upon arriving in Korea after a flight in a nearly empty plane, non-citizens and citizens were separated. Non-citizens went to a separate quarantine zone while citizens went straight to screening. My mom was examined and then instructed to download an app made SPECIFICALLY for coronavirus, to mainly track her GPS to make sure she really self-quarantines, but also to provide countrywide updates on the pandemic.
    She was greeted outside by officials who hailed a cab for her that the Korean government paid for, and they confirmed the address she would stay at for the next two weeks.
    The day after she got settled in, a health worker showed up to make sure she was doing okay, and dropped off a kit filled with masks, thermometers, trash bag, and disinfecting products (photo attached).
    And in three days she will do a drive thru coronavirus check and she will get her results in the app within 24 hours. Mic drop.
    Just thought I’d share real quick how much South Korea is light years ahead of us.
    --
    UPDATE: Wow, didn't expect this to become so popular, hello to everybody! I wanted to add some quick bullet points for those who may not fully understand the context of this post:
    1. South Korea is a democratic country, FYI.
    2. No matter what the culture differences are between the two countries, S. Korea's government managed to launch and act on a bunch of programs in record time. Compare or don't compare, but you have to admit it's still amazing how quickly S. Korea responded. Take this as an educational look at how another country is handling this crazy pandemic!
    3. My mother is doing great!! Thank you to those who asked. I'll post more updates from her on this thread as she sends me more recaps.
    4. Please don't be a jerk or else I'll delete your comment. We all have our own crap to deal with. Thank you!
    No photo description available
    14K14K
    2.2K Comments
    8.6K Shares

canuckland
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    So we have a respected physician and one of the most respected professors at one of the most respected universities in America trying to make a point here. Perhaps one should consider that. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • milesvdustin
    Vanilla sucks. I had a reply for the haters on here but **** it. I never said trump was doing a good job, or defending anything. So much for some good old fashioned debate, we will just poke fun instead. 

@frazzdaddy I don't care who is making the point, when they interject their hate and slander towards me it shows me exactly what kind of person they are. "Respected" my ass. 

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    Yes the pandemic is a problem for the entire world, it's how you handle it that differentiates losers from winners. Don't paint "all the other countries" with the same BS.

btw, did someone brag about doing more tests than S. Korea? For Christ sake, pick anyone but leave S. Korea alone pleeeeese ...

Read this on FB yesterday, I suppose you can argue it's FAKE news.

My mom recently went back to Korea for her own safety (she has no medical insurance here) and I need to share her coronavirus experience because this is some next level stuff.
    Upon arriving in Korea after a flight in a nearly empty plane, non-citizens and citizens were separated. Non-citizens went to a separate quarantine zone while citizens went straight to screening. My mom was examined and then instructed to download an app made SPECIFICALLY for coronavirus, to mainly track her GPS to make sure she really self-quarantines, but also to provide countrywide updates on the pandemic.
    She was greeted outside by officials who hailed a cab for her that the Korean government paid for, and they confirmed the address she would stay at for the next two weeks.
    The day after she got settled in, a health worker showed up to make sure she was doing okay, and dropped off a kit filled with masks, thermometers, trash bag, and disinfecting products (photo attached).
    And in three days she will do a drive thru coronavirus check and she will get her results in the app within 24 hours. Mic drop.
    Just thought I’d share real quick how much South Korea is light years ahead of us.
    --
    UPDATE: Wow, didn't expect this to become so popular, hello to everybody! I wanted to add some quick bullet points for those who may not fully understand the context of this post:
    1. South Korea is a democratic country, FYI.
    2. No matter what the culture differences are between the two countries, S. Korea's government managed to launch and act on a bunch of programs in record time. Compare or don't compare, but you have to admit it's still amazing how quickly S. Korea responded. Take this as an educational look at how another country is handling this crazy pandemic!
    3. My mother is doing great!! Thank you to those who asked. I'll post more updates from her on this thread as she sends me more recaps.
    4. Please don't be a jerk or else I'll delete your comment. We all have our own crap to deal with. Thank you!
    No photo description available
    14K14K
    2.2K Comments
    8.6K Shares

Kinda seems like we could learn a thing or two from that example....
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.