Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    HeavyG said:

I guess they assume that nobody is watching.

Oh, it's for the states.  Just, some states; I can see where this is going (NY, NO, CA are so screwed).  :anguished:   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

I guess they assume that nobody is watching.

Oh, it's for the states.  Just, some states; I can see where this is going (NY, NO, CA are so screwed).  :anguished:   
    It would seem "Tribal Lands" and "Territories" have gone missing in the new description.  If they are being shut out completely, that is horrible.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    "But it's ours!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    74 test confirmed cases in my county, 1 dead, 1 outbreak at an assisted care facility. The Biloxi Fire Department across the bay has 9 confirmed cases. Our county probably has less than 80,000 people. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Well, if you put it that way...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Anyone out there still thinking this is “just like the flu” ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    No DMW said:

Kevin Kruse is a great follow

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Anyone out there still thinking this is “just like the flu” ?
    I dont think anyone is. If they are, they have their head buried in the sand. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    Acn said:
    No DMW said:

Kevin Kruse is a great follow
    He's also a great author. This one was eye opening.
    https://www.amazon.com/One-Nation-Under-God-Corporate/dp/1501238213
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I hope the next president will clean out the swamp. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    What is this forum's deal with bashing the president? Just curious

• DMW
    He's an orange-faced dimwit criminal.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• milesvdustin
    Well, at least the trump derangement syndrome is alive and well around here 

• Botch
    Well, at least the trump derangement syndrome is alive and well around here 
    Are you paying any attention?  
    Are you watching the daily, live briefings?  
     :o 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I'm just thinking people who care about society and mitigating death, and I will enumerate those people below in article A, who presumably want him to do the kind of stuff in the section I list as article B.

Article A: (Actors)

1. Medical community
    2. Doctors
    3. Nurses
    4. Anyone who wants to live with preexisting pulmonary conditions
    5. Every other country on the planet except Russia
    6. Anyone paying attention
    7. Most governors
    8. People who can do math
    9. Virologists

Article B. (Actions)

1. ACT on invoked 1950s war powers act to do following:
    2. Direct industry to make PPE
    3. Direct industry to make ventilators
    4. End competitive bidding and profiteering between states
    5. Give factual information that does not confuse people and does not contradict WHO, CDC or NIH experts
    6. Stop petty politicizing in daily briefings
    7. Declare nation-wide state standards of isolation and mitigation practices
    8. Stop exportation of PPE
    9. Take hospital pleas for equipment seriously and coordinate distribution

I like you, Miles, but I think we are seeing daily the pleas of hospitals, states and experts to take those actions, and we just want to see some mitigation and not petty, delusional responses, like not wanting to remove sick people from cruise ships because that will "increase the numbers".  So, hope that answers your question.

edited April 2020
    The constant whining on here from everyone that hates the current administration goes way way back before this covid thing. 

But no, I am not watching because they are on when I'm at work. 

And for the record, no, I dont think trump is doing a great job overall. The constant whining is what's annoying . And I do get covid info daily the bureau of Prisons sends it out multiple times a day. We have changed everything we are doing inside the walls and out. 

• nolaegghead
    I'm sure you can make a solid argument for people that are constantly whining.  I can see it.  Just like you can make the argument that the president is constantly playing the victim when he's not on the attack.  I get all that.

But what I'm talking about is analogous to soldiers in a war, wounded, shot, bleeding, begging for relief that just needs to be granted.  But isn't.  Because...who knows.  It is pretty clear what needs to be done but there are bone spurs dragging on the ground.  People are dying.  Doesn't seem like the America we all want to live in.

"See you in heaven, grandma".

God help us all.
    You continue to prove my point. Csnt make a single post without taking a dig at the president. 

Since your comment was about his draft evasion, did you ever serve in the military? 

• nolaegghead
    You continue to prove my point. Csnt make a single post without taking a dig at the president. 

Since your comment was about his draft evasion, did you ever serve in the military? 

Never served.  I was 11 when conscription ended in 1973.  Went to college, got a job, had a kid.  Nothing to be ashamed off.  Plenty in the family did serve.  Father in law in Iwo Jima, Korea, head of the Marine reserves for a half dozen states as a Colonel.  Brother, dad, lots of nephews.  I know you did, but I did not.  I fail to see what that has to do with anything.  I think those that silently served and don't judge speak volumes.

edited April 2020
    Wasn't bringing up my service, and I very rarely do, typically only when telling a story from my past that relates or to an experience i had from it. Just wondering if you had since trumps non service seems to be such a big deal to you. A lot of veterans I know dont like him for that reason, figured maybe you had the same reason. Guess not 

• nolaegghead
    My wife is working this weekend on the COVID-19 unit.  I'm not sure if her hospital is one of the organizations that in New Orleans is predicted to run out of vents and PPE (which is already getting rationed at the risk of nurse/doctor safety) but I posted about this earlier.

I work for a company that does medical device testing that is critical to providing push packs, IVs, pretty much any consumable using in hospitals, drug precursors, etc.  SWMBO is treating patients with COVID in a war zone. 

I'm really sorry if I come across as being critical of the government's response.  If you know me, you will know I will give a stranger money and food if he/she is in need. I know I can get political, but it's a free country and I get bored and like to discuss politics.  Sorry.

So I have a guy who is (unsuccessfully) looking up my license plate.  Obviously I value my privacy, and will respond asymmetrically if he keeps that up. Nuff said.  Everyone is on edge, and people get chippy.  I get all that.   Let's all be like little Fonzies or let's just rumble.
    Wasn't bringing up my service, and I very rarely do, typically only when telling a story from my past that relates or to an experience i had from it. Just wondering if you had since trumps non service seems to be such a big deal to you. A lot of veterans I know dont like him for that reason, figured maybe you had the same reason. Guess not 
    If I were drafted, I would serve.

Ostensibly there is criticism of this administration and their response to the pandemic that is perfectly valid right now.   Some of that maybe goes too far to where it just becomes about bashing Trump.  I'm assuming folks here can tell the difference, but sometimes I wonder. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    "TeleHealth" was discussed on the news this morning, wherein a patient video-chats with their doctor, can discuss symptoms, even listen to heartbeat in some cases.  This prevent person-to-person contact.  

That brought up the following question, for those of you with an Apple watch, or other "health-monitoring" style watches: Is there a way to upload your health data from those watches, directly to your health care provider?  That would be a very useful thing to have, if it doesn't already exist.  

• RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    We don’t care about your opinion of this administration.  You can’t argue with the numbers.  You may not like him, I’m not a fan of his personality, but I love the success we’ve had.  It’s going to be a shame when he wins again this year.  I’m guessing a few of you will spontaneously combust.  Maybe we can use your charred remains for lump. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Over the last 4 years or just the last 4 months?
    Just curious
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    We don’t care about your opinion of this administration.  You can’t argue with the numbers.  You may not like him, I’m not a fan of his personality, but I love the success we’ve had.  It’s going to be a shame when he wins again this year.  I’m guessing a few of you will spontaneously combust.  Maybe we can use your charred remains for lump. 
    You and I view “success” in very different ways. 
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    Double Egger, maybe so.  I get tired of all the negativity on here.  I come here to escape for a few minutes & maybe pick up some new recipes/methods.  Like Rodney King said ” cant we just get along?”