Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    Anyone else like vacuum their floors 20 times a day now?

why would one do that

Bored AF. :)

It seems to be SWMBO's pass time

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Lit said:
    Social distancing means keeping a floor between my kids and myself right? 
    Isn't that what Trump does as a regular thing?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    ColtsFan said:
    Uhmm... for *starters*.  Then we're wiping it with Clorox wipes and lighting them on fire.

What... everybody's not doing that?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    Uhmm... for *starters*.  Then we're wiping it with Clorox wipes and lighting them on fire.

We have this thing called Crosswave made by Bissell. It's like a motorized swiffer that scrubs hardwood floors and area rugs. It's been the "go to". Now as far as the concoction SWMBO is putting in it, IDK. There's definitely vinegar involved...lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

We have this thing called Crosswave made by Bissell. It's like a motorized swiffer that scrubs hardwood floors and area rugs. It's been the "go to". Now as far as the concoction SWMBO is putting in it, IDK. There's definitely vinegar involved...lol
    My wife bought the Bissel Spinwave last week for our hardwoods and tile. 

We had to "pause" our weekly cleaning person and divide the duties.

She's floors and I'm everything else.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I have worked from home for 10 years now, have my own office in the house with a nice window and my 13 yo "coworker" German Short Haired Pointer.

However now that everyone is home and I mean in the house I started a new work policy as of Monday.

I put Amazon Music on my phone and put in headphones.  As I type I hear my oldest DD getting the dog to howl.... ugh.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2020
    @Lit It’s an Early Rider Belter 16 Trail

https://us.earlyrider.com/products/trail-16

A bit more than people would think to spend on a kids bike but worth it to me because it is super lightweight and the belt drive not only looks cool but is low maintenance and safer than a chain.

Got mine at REI so also got 10% back in dividends. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • seems like Jimmy Fallon has been keeping busy lol.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SciAggie said:
    Can't make this stuff up:
    A friend from school sees a teacher on Facebook do a cartwheel - submits a "cartwheel challenge"

Friend goes outside to do cartwheel .
    Friend pulls hamstring.
    Pull is so bad requires ER visit. 

Gets better...
    Friend has to go to the bathroom that night. When she gets ready to stand up - pain is so bad she passes out. 

Falls into floor and breaks her nose. Now she has a broken nose, two black eyes, and a torn hamstring. 

Stay safe at home while trying to stay safe at home y'all...
    Yikes. An avoidable visit to the ER is more regrettable now than ever. 

Sounds like there may be an opportunity for you to help an old friend find a new passion - cooking. That is, assuming they can do it without hurting themselves. 
  • GATraveller
    SciAggie said:
    Can't make this stuff up:
    A friend from school sees a teacher on Facebook do a cartwheel - submits a "cartwheel challenge"

Friend goes outside to do cartwheel .
    Friend pulls hamstring.
    Pull is so bad requires ER visit. 

Gets better...
    Friend has to go to the bathroom that night. When she gets ready to stand up - pain is so bad she passes out. 

Falls into floor and breaks her nose. Now she has a broken nose, two black eyes, and a torn hamstring. 

Stay safe at home while trying to stay safe at home y'all...
    Yikes. An avoidable visit to the ER is more regrettable now than ever. 

Sounds like there may be an opportunity for you to help an old friend find a new passion - cooking. That is, assuming they can do it without hurting themselves. 
    Sounds like this person would be better served to just sit down and take a breather for a while.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    womaus said:
    Lit said:
    Social distancing means keeping a floor between my kids and myself right? 
    Isn't that what Trump does as a regular thing?
    Not sure but if he does I’m sure he does it the best, maybe better than the best. Amazing even
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Too bad fish don't vote B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691

Took it apart to cut the studs so it's level without shims. Making progress...
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Getting bitched at by my wife 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• GATraveller
    Feel for ya. 👊

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    And that's a revelation??  B)  I imagine that the internal shelter in place challenges from the social side will out-weigh the perceived supply chain issues in a very short period of time.  Keep those seatbelts fastened.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

You make it to the dock?  Waters have receded? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Been there, done that.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Working from home and replaying the Witcher 3 on PlayStation, this time with the expansion pack, should add about 30hrs of adventures. For those of you that don’t know the Witcher, check it out on Netflix! Been grilling about every other day, and day before yesterday smoked some ribs :-)

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

• Just heard Craig Campbell’s Fish this morning. Had me chuckle. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I put my wallet in my pocket this morning because it felt odd that I haven’t carried it for a week.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352

FWIW, I didn't think any of us would make it to Tuesday, but we recovered nicely.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX