Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    WeberWho said:
    I'm absolutely terrible at video games. I picked this up 2nd hand to check out. It looked sweet when my brother in law was playing it last Thanksgiving. 

Amazingly well done with a seemingly endless landscape. Now would be the time because it's a serious time suck. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    The longer you wait the harder it is to clean. Did you grout already?

There is a chemical you apply to the face of the stone before you grout that prevents it from sticking. It's called grout release. Once it's in the books and crannies of the stone face, it's almost impossible to get out. Scraping will ruin the finish of the cultured stone. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    WeberWho said:
    I'm absolutely terrible at video games. I picked this up 2nd hand to check out. It looked sweet when my brother in law was playing it last Thanksgiving. 
    Amazingly well done with a seemingly endless landscape. Now would be the time because it's a serious time suck. 
    That is what I was thinking. I haven't been out since Tuesday other than grabbing my sister in laws mail yesterday and meeting the guy this morning for the game. Trying to do my part and stay home.... 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dollinger
    Dollinger Posts: 79
    Botch said:
    Dollinger said:
    L & Friends rawk!  
    My first bar band was as a trombonist in a Chicago/EW&F cover band, we were never anywhere near as good as these guys.  (and that backup singer, mr-r-r-r...)   B)
    Botch said:
    Dollinger said:
    L & Friends rawk!  
    My first bar band was as a trombonist in a Chicago/EW&F cover band, we were never anywhere near as good as these guys.  (and that backup singer, mr-r-r-r...)   B)
    Botch said:
    Dollinger said:
    L & Friends rawk!  
    You saw her. She gave me a big hug! She looks even better up close! Shame to miss this one!

These guys are top musicians in Russia. Lenoid writes the music down directly from the recordings and every drum stroke is exact! 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    My nap game is getting strong. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Dollinger said:

Dollinger said:
    L & Friends rawk!  
    You saw her. She gave me a big hug! She looks even better up close! Shame to miss this one!

I now Officially hate you!  :tongue:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2020
    Im amazed that all of you seem to be kicking back having a blast during all this. Good for all of you optimists. I live in another reality than all of you. Cause this is about to become Great Depression level shite economically.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    The wife and I are currently drinking a couple of Old Fashioneds and listening to Kenny Rogers.  Just seemed like the right call on several levels.
    The Old Fashion was my pre-dinner cocktail of choice tonight as well.
    Smoked Chili bitters.

No Kenny R, tho. Nice choice.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I baked bread today.

We delivered two loaves to my parents just to get out of the house. We practiced safe social distancing for the delivery.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    DMW said:

We delivered two loaves to my parents just to get out of the house. We practiced safe social distancing for the delivery.
    Drove by @ 60 mph and tossed it out the window?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    What recipe on those loaves? I have the 9.5 x 4.5 bread pans. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    What recipe on those loaves? I have the 9.5 x 4.5 bread pans. 
    It's this recipe:
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/basic-soft-white-sandwich-loaf-351269

from "The Bread Bible"
    https://www.amazon.com/Bread-Bible-Rose-Levy-Beranbaum/dp/0393057941
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Ynette and I had to do an emergency trip today for essential supplies - gin and Rockwood! Got the last two bags at my local ace. No gin on the shelf at Total Wine, but they found some on the high (get it?) shelves.

Had a couple of pork butts on the Egg. First time not doing low and slow at 225*. Ran them at 325* for five hours and am happy with the results. No pics of the pulled product, but on at  0830 hours:

and off at 1330 hours:

Also did a head of cauliflower with sesame oil and Parmesan. Went to 165 degrees but it was still a bit crunchy. Ten minutes in the microwave fixed that. It was super tasty, but next time I might pre-cook a bit.

Sorry, we ate before I remembered to take the after picture.

Hope you are all doing well in this time of upheaval. I just found out my company might be considered an essential business, as one of our customers is telling the DOD that they need us to support them or they can't fulfill their contracts with the military. I may be going back to work tomorrow! If I have to wait for those damn politicians (of both breeds) to decide on how to help, I would probably starve. I would rather work than wait for an unemployment claim to work it's way through the system.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Im amazed that all of you seem to be kicking back having a blast during all this. Good for all of you optimists. I live in another reality than all of you. Cause this is about to become Great Depression level shite economically.
    There is also a lot more than the Dow Jones and employment reports to be concerned about.  There is family, and friends, and what some other Republican called the better angels of our nature to worry about.

Stress about our fiscal bottom line, and a focus on what is best for our pocketbook primarily, to the exclusion of everything else is a huge reason why this country has been so messed up for 20+ years.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Bat houses complete...waiting sanding and paint

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642

Debt free, emergency fund in place, swmbo working remotely.  Not worried about us but we are worried about her parents who are not in great health and are not heeding to the warnings, we are also worried about others who have no choice but to go into work in order to pay bills and others yet who have children, bills and no work. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    I'm definitely not optimistic, it's called gallows humour.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Not that I'm a bat hater, but they are a classic vector for animal to human contagion of viruses like corona.  Just don't eat them raw.
    I learned yesterday that our goal is not "social distancing".  It is "physical distancing, social connectedness".  To that end, I am very grateful to this forum and its members.  In pursuit of this, we played a game with family in another state yesterday via FaceTime.  I encourage others to do the same.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    WI will be on lockdown starting tomorrow. No details about what that all means, but non-essential businesses closed.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Cleared out some land and put up two stalls and a small turnout for my horses.  I feel blessed to have some space around me and easy to avoid people.  I feel sorry for folks living in the city or apartments.

Same here sir. Counted those blessings among mine this weekend. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Not that I'm a bat hater, but they are a classic vector for animal to human contagion of viruses like corona.  Just don't eat them raw.
    Our have s@x w them if your peen is little enough. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,739

just saw one.  a guy ive known for a good 40 years now just showed up at the shop for some welding, been diabetic the whole time ive known him. its bad now, kidneys shutting down, liver is fading fast, in the hospital every other week. and he is out and about during this. covidiot
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344

The dog park is just not as fun for the dogs as it used to be...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk