Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Comments

• xfire_ATXxfire_ATX Posts: 936
    During lunch from work at home (which I already did) took the e-bike for a spin.

LBGE, Charbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, RTIC 20, Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 8,697
    I laughed out loud after seeing this...

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • AcnAcn Posts: 3,508
    Helping my wife figure out the best angle for the laptop to provide flattering views during videoconferences.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 8,121
    edited March 2020
    Hilarious 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmanrvagmanrva Posts: 283
    WeberWho said:

OMG, love it!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,081
    Hakuna Matata 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,883
    Just ate a marie calendar's pot pie. It was fend for yourself night here for dinner 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMWDMW Posts: 13,772
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • DuckDogDrDuckDogDr Posts: 1,246
    Booking attempt #2 at diving for the year. Since my week long getaway to belize is on hold..
    Planning 3 days out of Moorehead City here in a few months to dive the U-352 and other wrecks
    ..Dive shop said "hopefully " however depends on weather..so here's to keeping fingers crossed. 
    Alot of Sand Tiger Sharks out there supposedly.
  • speed51133speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    WeberWho said:

It is fake, you can tell how the board has a shadow when he starts to remove it, that suddenly appears. 

On another note, I now know the lyrics to every song from Moana and lion King....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 8,697
    WeberWho said:

It is fake, you can tell how the board has a shadow when he starts to remove it, that suddenly appears. 

On another note, I now know the lyrics to every song from Moana and lion King....
    Yes it is obviously fake. Never meant to pass it off as real. You don't even need the shadow to prove it's fake. The little girl stares into the camera. It was made for a laugh and not an actual hiding spot or meant to be real.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,925
    started teleworking this week.  Necessary, but what a hassle
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 35,781
    WeberWho said:

Who would have ever thunk that about an internet video?  Brilliant, Sherlock!

• LitLit Posts: 8,705
    Cornholio said:
    Took my son out for a “trail” ride, still getting his feet wet. 

Check for a local skate park. We have a really cool park that has a great section for younger children and it’s free. Been taking my kids since my boy was like 18 months. 
  • We just made a breakthrough discovery - virtual babysitting. Buy some peace by having your kid(s) FaceTime with the grandparents from the comfort of their bedroom. 

🙂
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 11,351
    Supported the local pizza place last night.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,477
    thetrim said:
    Supported the local pizza place last night.
    We supported the local Indian restaurant.  We'll probably support the pizza place later in the week.  We've decided there are 3 local restaurants that we want to support every 2 weeks at a minimum.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 8,121
    edited March 2020
    We had to order out last night as well.  Not only to support the local restaurants but to get a fresh vegetable in our systems.  Meat and starch gets old rather quickly.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    We got pizza delivered last night, I'm ashamed to say.

• xfire_ATXxfire_ATX Posts: 936
    We supported an in town Pizza Place as my Nephew Manages the place.  Drove there, got pizza, said hi, ate.  Oldest DD used Favor for Chick Fil A.

Back to the egg tonight for some Pork Chops.
    LBGE, Charbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, RTIC 20, Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • speed51133speed51133 Posts: 691

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.

xfire_ATX said:
    We supported an in town Pizza Place as my Nephew Manages the place.  Drove there, got pizza, said hi, ate.  Oldest DD used Favor for Chick Fil A.

Back to the egg tonight for some Pork Chops.
    I've turned the corner on Chick-Fil-A.  They're really not so bad anymore. Good to see the improvement.

Don't do it, man!  It's not worth it!!!

• Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 255
    MN governor just extended the bar, restaurant closing until May 4.  yikes...
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 19,321
    Some of the restaurants around here are going to great lengths to exercise care and reassure people that the take-out is safe.  Curb side pick up only, masked workers handling the food with gloves, all sorts of extra precautions.  I have no idea how much if any is actually effective but the effort is notable.  I suppose they feel like they don't have a choice if they want to keep people buying their food.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • EoinEoin Posts: 3,472
    Some of the restaurants around here are going to great lengths to exercise care and reassure people that the take-out is safe.  Curb side pick up only, masked workers handling the food with gloves, all sorts of extra precautions.  I have no idea how much if any is actually effective but the effort is notable.  I suppose they feel like they don't have a choice if they want to keep people buying their food.  
    A journo here showed what the Chinese were doing for take out. The temperature of the chef, the packer and the delivery person were taken and written on the bag.