Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If it wasn’t real for you yet

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Latest rumor is that this was done to keep Liverpool from finally lifting the EPL championship trophy 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    NC has closed schools until May 15
    Where does the DOE stand on all of this? 
    It's my understanding that Betsy still stands atop a huge pyramid that was made out of money, some that wen to the election of our current president.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited March 2020
    Options

VA sees your NC May closure and raises it to closed for the remainder of the current academic year.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Pushed ours back till April 20, I’m sure it’ll end up for the year as well. What happens to those kids that shouldn’t move up? There’s zero latitude here. What happens to those kids graduating, or depending on a sports season to get them into the college of their dreams on a scholarship that will most likely be rescinded? Where does the DOE stand on all of this? 
    At least here most of the schools have gone to an online form of instruction.  So the kids are still in classes and being evaluated, they're just not coming into the physical building.  So all the rest is sort of a non-issue, at least for our school system.  

As for the DOE, Betsy DeVos is completely unqualified for the position she holds, so the lack of leadership really isn't a surprise.  Par for the course in this admin.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Not the only one, Romney tested positive also.
    Romney hasn't tested positive but was exposed by close contact with Rand Paul.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Not the only one, Romney tested positive also.
    Romney hasn't tested positive but was exposed by close contact with Rand Paul.
    I guess opposites do attract. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Brutal. Funny, but brutal.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Now if they would just listen. On top of people robbing people we have new gun owners shooting themselves in the leg and their neighbors house because they are too stupid to fully unload their firearm. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    Options
    Just saw Boris Johnson give an impassioned live evening speech to his UK countrymen explaining the urgency of the Covid19 problem. UK is going on a nationwide lockdown.
    Good speech (and not a single reference to a perfect phone call or telling people to take chloroquine).
    Our Dear leader seems more concerned with the stock market and actually wants to ease up on restrictions so it may be up to more individual states to implement more rigorous lockdowns. We shall see.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    Now if they would just listen. On top of people robbing people we have new gun owners shooting themselves in the leg and their neighbors house because they are too stupid to fully unload their firearm. 
    Negligent firearm discharges are pretty much a daily thing around the US.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just saw Boris Johnson give an impassioned live evening speech to his UK countrymen explaining the urgency of the Covid19 problem. UK is going on a nationwide lockdown.
    Good speech (and not a single reference to a perfect phone call or telling people to take chloroquine).
    Our Dear leader seems more concerned with the stock market and actually wants to ease up on restrictions so it may be up to more individual states to implement more rigorous lockdowns. We shall see.
    So the Dear Leader can then blame the states for the economic fallout while claiming credit for the lives saved by the same restrictions.  It's almost like he's a super stable genius.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Pushed ours back till April 20, I’m sure it’ll end up for the year as well. What happens to those kids that shouldn’t move up? There’s zero latitude here. What happens to those kids graduating, or depending on a sports season to get them into the college of their dreams on a scholarship that will most likely be rescinded? Where does the DOE stand on all of this? 
    At least here most of the schools have gone to an online form of instruction.  So the kids are still in classes and being evaluated, they're just not coming into the physical building.  So all the rest is sort of a non-issue, at least for our school system.  

As for the DOE, Betsy DeVos is completely unqualified for the position she holds, so the lack of leadership really isn't a surprise.  Par for the course in this admin.   
    My Pre-K 4 son is doing online schooling. Still not a real world evaluation of a student
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Dear leader
    He gone
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Cheeto just compared the virus to automobile deaths. Holy moly. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    I think that is a classic strawman argument, as I know it.  By that logic, if I am in the area of a fatal vehicle accident, my chance of having one increase by some multiple.  Not the way it works.
    Unfortunately, much worse disingenuous statements were made during this latest update from the "experts".
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    I think that is a classic strawman argument, as I know it.  By that logic, if I am in the area of a fatal vehicle accident, my chance of having one increase by some multiple.  Not the way it works.
    Unfortunately, much worse disingenuous statements were made during this latest update from the "experts".
    Automobile accidents aren’t contagious. Unfortunately, Cheeto’s stupidity is. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    I don't know who coined the tag "Cheeto" but that is spot-on.  Well-done (and not a steak).  Beats Dear Leader but at least an order of magnitude! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    There was a preliminary (preliminary) report today, linking vaping use to the unusually high number of younger people getting sick, in NY.  This makes sense, I think.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Automobile accidents aren’t contagious. Unfortunately, Cheeto’s stupidity is. 
    Actually the results are pretty similar to anyone who has been tboned.
  • HeavyG
    Options

As true as any other philosophical razor. LOL

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Cheeto is in panic mode now that the old thing he could hang his hat on has vanished in two week’s time. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    One could argue Trump inherited a robust legecy from his predecessor.  Should it have been fragile it likely would not have taken 3 years to run it into the ground.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I don't know who coined the tag "Cheeto" but that is spot-on.  Well-done (and not a steak).  Beats Dear Leader but at least an order of magnitude! 
    I think we'd could crank that up further, if we tried hard enough.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    I think we'd could crank that up further, if we tried hard enough.

I was just being kind..but I totally agree.  
    Stay healthy and safe.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options