Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Trying to decide between new Glock or an old lincoln idealarc 250 welder...... 
    The welder is less ugly... ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    1000' of cat6 cable

In the hunt for a PoE video surveillance system.
    1000' of cat6 cable

Why not cat7???  =)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    1911Man said:
    1000' of cat6 cable

Why not cat7???  =)

Because I don't need 40 Gbit/sec and I already have the male connectors for cat 5e/6, and I can terminate one of those cables in about 2 minutes.

Would be nice to tie it into a network with my router, and drop a jack behind the tv for my roku. But I dont know anything about setting up a home network 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    I am also looking for a poe camera system, only need 3-4 cameras though. 

Would be nice to tie it into a network with my router, and drop a jack behind the tv for my roku. But I dont know anything about setting up a home network 
    I'll let you know what I come up with.  I will be buying 4 camera 8 chan DVR, PoE.  I got internet at my shop to upload and monitor.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    edited February 2020
    I am also looking for a poe camera system, only need 3-4 cameras though. 

It's easy. I'm happy to help a fellow egghead if you get stuck.

My home camera system is a blend of wifi-based ring devices and a high end axis camera. For software, I use Sighthound on my mac laptop. Works amazingly well. I get alerts on my phone/computer like tonight when a neighbor dropped by to let me know the trunk on my hatchback was open. Kid got the dang car remote and was pressing buttons.
    Mountain View, CA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Nice.  Finally retiring my Ping Hoofer carry bag after over 20 years. 

Nice looking setup.  Hit'em well!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Ring alarm system and doorbell for the new house.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    bidget  :o
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Sold all my 9mm’s last week to a guy wanting them. I kept a Glock 19.5 w/light for a bedside gun and bought 3 guns I’m thinking 🤔 will be lots more fun to play with. 

S&W 43c  .22lr. 8 shot.

S&W 351PD  .22Mag. 7shot

NAA 1” WASP with .22lr and .22mag barrel 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Writing a check for federal taxes.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Wasting far too much money on Philip's Hue "smart" LED bulbs. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    1000' of cat6 cable

Some of the jobs I been on lately are installing systems by:
    https://www.ui.com/

They look pretty good.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463

Breville toaster oven, to replace my not-that-old Black & Decker.  This was one model higher than I probably needed, but features a convection fan which might be fun to play with.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Botch said:

Breville toaster oven, to replace my not-that-old Black & Decker.  This was one model higher than I probably needed, but features a convection fan which might be fun to play with.  
    You will love it. It is the workhorse of our kitchen. Heats up in no time, is more consistent holdong temp than the big oven, and is super reliable. Cannot say enough good things about it, if it dies tomorrow I would immediately buy another one 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    What do you use a toaster oven to cook?
    Mountain View, CA
  • nolaegghead
    dmourati said:
    Anything that can be cooked in an oven that fits.
    dmourati said:
    Personally, several things:
    - Toast!  An oven will also do bagels, English mufkins, weirdo-shaped artisan breads, baguettes, etc.  There are toasters out there that do these things, but they cost almost as much as this did.
    - Nachos!  When my in-wall Chrysler (yes, Chrysler!) oven died about twenty years ago, I went to the local box store and found an out-of-box special, the right size, a VERY rudimentary "Magic Chef", for $250 (Hah! less than I spent on this Breville!)  The broiler will toast the center 2" of a slice of bread, completely useless.  It also features a clock, inside light, and an analog temp knob; nothing else (there was a built-in timer but it didn't work).  But, the oven works for me ('cept for broiling jobs)
    - The Breville came with a 13" pizza pan.  Oven supposedly is calibrated to heat the bottom elements differently from the top elements, depending on the food (10 different settings).  I'm still completely burned out on pizzas, 5 years later, but I may use this, someday.  
    - I've used mine to bake potatoes many times, especially if the Egg is busy with a 12-hour brisket cook.
    - I've done many casseroles, scalloped potatoes, roasted veggies; very handy as I live alone and cook smaller amounts.
    - I've never used my TO to roast meats.  The Egg is good for that, and much easier to clean.  

FWIW.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Just bought a couple bread loaf pans, going to try and bake our own bread instead of buying it. 

Also bought a head of garlic and a ton of habaneros to make that yucatan salsa that was posted a few days back 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    edited February 2020
    https//www.samsclub.com/p/ion-audio-explorer-extreme/prod22881034

Needed a new beach speaker. So far so good!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Tint for the dear wife’s new ride

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318

So, who's really gonna drive that machine??   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    lousubcap said:

So, who's really gonna drive that machine??   =)
    Every chance I get!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Flu meds for the wife