Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Going down the fermented sausage rabbit hole, picked up a couple mini fridges on sale so I can have one ferment ant one cure chamber, both fridges can go either way, will be outfitting them next week

Keep us updated on the build if you would 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolaegghead

A battery-operated pepper grater we were gifted many years ago. Works pretty well. Has a light too. It also came in turquoise and purple varieties, which, given its size and shape, leave more than ample room for it to be mistaken for other household devices. 

Fun for the whole family!

Options
    @nolaegghead

A battery-operated pepper grater we were gifted many years ago. Works pretty well. Has a light too. It also came in turquoise and purple varieties, which, given its size and shape, leave more than ample room for it to be mistaken for other household devices. 

He was bragging about how kinky his wife was a few days ago...  ;)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Going down the fermented sausage rabbit hole, picked up a couple mini fridges on sale so I can have one ferment ant one cure chamber, both fridges can go either way, will be outfitting them next week

Doing the same thing right now @lkapigian. Read a few books on fermented sausages and I am getting ready to mix up my first batch in the next week or so. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    lkapigian said:

Doing the same thing right now @lkapigian. Read a few books on fermented sausages and I am getting ready to mix up my first batch in the next week or so. 
    Awesome @sea2ski...what set up are you using 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    @nolaegghead

It's one way to add spice to the marriage 
    Interwebz winner of the day 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I bought a kick ash basket, kick ash can and a divider for my xl today. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @lkapigian. I have a couple refrigerators in my basement. One is for curing and one as a drying chamber being controlled by an ink bird controller.
    I think I have one of the more common setups for beginners. 

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @lkapigian. I have a couple refrigerators in my basement. One is for curing and one as a drying chamber being controlled by an ink bird controller.
    I think I have one of the more common setups for beginners. 

Cool @sea2ski , no basement for me so I bought the Minis so I can stack....im betting within a year I will be converting a bedroom to a chamber 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Took a SW 351PD (22mag 7 shot) back (had not fired it) and got the SW 351C. The C has NO LOCK and i just didn’t want to worry that it may lock itself up when i might need it the most. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @nolaegghead

C’mon now.... some post about their wheels and others, their relationships. The difference is that I don’t share photos. 🙂
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Just spent $180 on booze and beer for this Mardi Gras weekend.  $102 on a fire disc.  $55 on Wera tools.  $56 on tobacco. 
    Options
    Just spent $180 on booze and beer for this Mardi Gras weekend.  $102 on a fire disc.  $55 on Wera tools.  $56 on tobacco. 
    I see a return trip to the liquor store in your future 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Tools?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    There is a bunch of Wera on deal of the day on Amazon. 

I have the Klein bottle opener similar to that one
    Options
    Yours makes three Wera references today alone. I also got some deep discount offers for Wera on Amazon. I'm more a Wiha man myself but came close to ordering more screwdrivers than I have any need for.
    Mountain View, CA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Yours makes three Wera references today alone. I also got some deep discount offers for Wera on Amazon. I'm more a Wiha man myself but came close to ordering more screwdrivers than I have any need for.
    I have a bunch of Wiha precision screwdrivers.   I enjoy using quality tools.  Also have some Knipex
    Options
    Same.
    Mountain View, CA
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Guess our invite got lost in the mail 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Same.
    One thing I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know until recently was the differences between standard phillips screws and JIS phillips identified by a dot.

If you don't know of them, this information will help you from mangling these screws. 

https://www.motorcycle.com/ask-mo-anything/difference-between-japanese-jis-phillips.html
    Just learned this myself a couple years ago.  Fortunately I traded my Yamaha bike for a BMW before I bought a bunch of JIS drivers, so I could use the money for... Torx drivers.   :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Went to my favorite discounted tools/machining supply store today and scored some nice end mills on the cheap. 

Figure they would cost at least $250 if bought from any of the normal supplier's. All for $105 out the door. Almost all are marked "made in USA". Plus they are all either carbide or cobalt end mills (the few not marked as carbide on the package are marked cobalt on the bit). Some two flute, some four flute and even one (or two) three flute end mills in the mix. 

I bought the HSS version of the top bit (1" x 1-1/2" flute, 3/4 shank) that cost me more for the bit (plus shipping). 

Plan to use some of these tomorrow on a few items I'm making. One is a mount for a LED light that will shine on the right side of what I'm working on (at the bit). Another is the arm that will hold the DRO display. I'm also making a new bracket to mount the arm to what it comes off of (that attaches to the mill column). Hope to have that all ready for Cerakote come next weekend.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Botch
    Options
    There is a bunch of Wera on deal of the day on Amazon. 

I have the Klein bottle opener similar to that one
    Mine's a Craftsman.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    MPA in 6.5 Creedmoor. Gonna try to start doing some PRS matches.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    dmourati said:
    I have a bunch of Wiha precision screwdrivers.   I enjoy using quality tools.  Also have some Knipex

I like a story my FIL tells.  He started buying Craftsman as he started independent life. One day he stripped out a ratchet.  He was shocked.  He felt he was holding an extremely rare broken Craftsman tool.  He excitedly headed to Sears to tell his story,  fully expecting the sales associates in the tool department to gather around and bear witness to an event that will probably only happen once in their lifetime. He caught the attention of the nearest associate as he entered the store.  The employee barely looks up, tells my FIL to "throw it in the pile, grab a new one if the shelf, and have a nice day."  My FIL was dumbfounded. 😁

He tells the story well.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Options

Ball drivers are SO handy; just don't use the ball end for final torquing.  

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I have a ton of craftsman (USA made) sockets and such. I also have a lot of other brands of tools, even harbor freight stuff. Hard to see a whole lot of difference in things, but I am not a pro mechanic. I understand snap on is the best knees, but also stupid expensive. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Local Pier 1 is closing. Picked up a nice bar cart, decanter and copper mugs.

SWMBO bought vases and other girly stuff 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!