Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Acn said:
    Impressed with the Maryland MVA.  In and out in under 20 minutes for a drivers license renewal.
    Must have made an appointment?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    After living in a hospital last 4 days, it's time to get back on my no carb diet. Gained 10lb from eating vending machine food and deep fried goods. Need to visit the butcher and stock up. 

Came home with a new baby boy. First day back and I got about two hours of sleep last night. Yay
    Congrats on the baby boy and get ready, they’ll be plenty of sleepless nights in your future
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Acn said:
    Impressed with the Maryland MVA.  In and out in under 20 minutes for a drivers license renewal.
    Must have made an appointment?
    I did, and they took me before then.  I’m a little jaded given how my doctors and dentist tend to treat them like guidelines.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    @SonVolt, I still like to beer can chicken. You have raised the bar for sure. Beautiful cook and I am sure it was good eats.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Am I losing my mind or was there a thread titled "Food Fails"? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Replaced a water supply valve to a toilet that was leaking, now the main water supply valve to the house won't turn back on. 

FML.
    Las Vegas, NV

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Am I losing my mind or was there a thread titled "Food Fails"? 
    Yes.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Watching the Lemmy doc again on Netflix. Legend.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Replaced a water supply valve to a toilet that was leaking, now the main water supply valve to the house won't turn back on. 

FML.
    I had this happen when I replaced my main water line in. I just tightened it then loosened it a couple times and it finally started working. 
  • GATraveller
    Considering a road trip. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Eoin said:
    Watching the Lemmy doc again on Netflix. Legend.
    Such a great documentary on truly one of a kind. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Lit said:

FML.
    I had this happen when I replaced my main water line in. I just tightened it then loosened it a couple times and it finally started working. 
    Unfortunately, the knob just spins. We are renting here, for the moment, so the plumber won't come out unless they have consent from the homeowner. He hasn't returned my call yet, so the waiting game continues.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited February 2020
    Considering a road trip. 

I may try and snag tickets. I feel like I know Rogan personally from the thousands of hours I've listened to his podcast during my commute. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Replaced a water supply valve to a toilet that was leaking, now the main water supply valve to the house won't turn back on. 

FML.
    Some days it doesn’t pay to get out of bed.
  • GATraveller
    Semi finals

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Watching Rocky II while waiting to hopefully get the water fixed.

On the bright side, the kids were amazed with how "smart" I was to put water in the toilet tank so they could use the bathroom.
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Setting a reminder for Thursday for RATM tix in Phoenix.  Can wait to wear some MAGA gear and recruit some new folks into the Republican party.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • $115 to see a college game? Yikes! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited February 2020
    Not “right now” but last night I (embarrassingly) made wings on the egg for the first time in the near ten years I’ve owned it.

I pretty much “winged” it by marinating in dark soy sauce and added a little bit of spicy Asian spice we use for shabu with some corn starch before I put them on the egg. Cooked raised direct at ~375-400 and flipped after about 20 mins. Kept them on another 20 minutes or so (honestly don’t remember after Sunday beers but thermapen said they were good to go). 

Once I pulled them off I tossed them in a some hoison sauce mixed up with some sriracha, garlic chili paste, and topped with red pepper flakes.

Actually turned out pretty good.

The wings were just an appetizer:

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Yesterday, but was under the influence of tequila and was unable to post.