Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Save The Date: NCBB2020

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I will admit to having a bit of a regional dialect, and some may say "country as cornbread." 

However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.

Either way, I have my spot, number 77, the same as the last several years.

Seriously, she is a lot of fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky

• However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.”

She’s from my neck of the woods? Must be as I understand her perfectly and definitely understood the other lady well. B)
  • YukonRon

However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.”

She’s from my neck of the woods? Must be as I understand her perfectly and definitely understood the other lady well. B)
    Like I said, my "country as cornbread" regional dialect must have been a bit much for her, and in fact, it seems to be for most everyone not raised in the shadow of the Appalachians.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    lkapigian said:
    Can't wait...online it still shows 3 cabins available 
    Does it?  Someone told me awhile ago they were all gone.  Possible I got some bad intel, but their online system is new - it may just be best to call.  As a bonus, you get to speak to Kitty.
    When I called she said “you do realize that you are booking the weekend AFTER Easter, right”? I said yes, I’m meeting some friends and she said “oh, so you are a butt blaster”? That is an awkward question to answer. 
    She is a piece of work.  One year I had the pleasure of talking to her a few minutes after she’d taken a reservation from @YukonRon.  She went on and on over how she couldn’t understand a damn thing he’d said!
    Ya know now that some of my memory has faded back in. I think I had that problem when I met him. On retrospect I'm sure mine had more to do with my burbon slushie I never seemed to get to the bottom of when he was talking to me. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YukonRon
    Ok...perhaps after 4-5 of those frozen concoctions my ability to speak effectively is somewhat impacted.

I had to do something with that vaccum bag full of bourbon slushies.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited January 2020

However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.”

Ah Shucks......

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow

• However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.”

Ah Shucks......

At least I got a lousy tee shirt.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088

Ah Shucks......

At least I got a lousy tee shirt.
    And a flag!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    YukonRon said:
    I will admit to having a bit of a regional dialect, and some may say "country as cornbread." 

However, it appears she is originally from an area which did not practice sophisticated dialogue as an adequate form of communication.

I understood every word you spoke, brother. It's those darn Carolinians that I couldn't understand.  :D 

I'm sure they felt the same about my Hoosier draw
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    I also noticed some people talked funny at Butt Blast. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColtsFan said:
    YukonRon said:

I understood every word you spoke, brother. It's those darn Carolinians that I couldn't understand.  :D 

i pleed tha fithith
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    ColtsFan said:
    YukonRon said:

i pleed tha fithith

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Kitty confirmed that “the other lady” is no longer on staff. Sounds like other folks figured out she was a bit of a pill too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Sea2Ski said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    I am in again this year as well.

Awesome @sea2ski !!
    Can not wait to meet you in person Larry. 
    What you really want to meet in person is Larry’s sausage.  Trust me on this!

Boy, did that sound awkward...
    I'm going to pack some sausage............not sounding right either 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    ColtsFan said:
    Friends,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Butt Blast this year will be held on Saturday, April 18th, at Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury, NC.  We'll have a thread up later with the usual set of details, but for now we wanted to announce the date and location.  

Brought to you by CHUBB.  
    Damien is reserved at #68. I’ll be getting there Thursday this year and leaving Sunday. 

That’s one helluva hangover...

see you soon, friends!!
    It’s going to be an emotional one..
    Sweet!

I'm coming in on Thursday too. I'll bring the Blanton's, you bring the sticks
    Deal!!

for those who don’t know, @coltsfan let me crash on his site last BB, last minute. If anyone needs a last minute crash pad, let me know. Plenty of room this year. And, probably less rain, too!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    caliking said:
    Kitty confirmed that “the other lady” is no longer on staff. Sounds like other folks figured out she was a bit of a pill too. 
    ... you just saved me a phone call...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352

You might want to send Kitty some flowers or candies before the weekend this year......And just make sure SHE is ON DUTY Saturday afternoon/evening.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I hope the “no congregating” issue has been specifically resolved. I’m tapping out of Butt Blast if that issue resurfaces this year. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I hope the “no congregating” issue has been specifically resolved. I’m tapping out of Butt Blast if that issue resurfaces this year. 
    Can you expand in this , I hope they don't make people disperse 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    I'm hoping we don't have any issues this year. I confirmed with Kitty this morning that she will be around for BB20, and invited her to attend the festivities. She was on vacation last year. 

She tactfully confirmed that "the other lady" was no longer working there because... She was being a bich to other folks besides us as well. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited January 2020
    One thing I remember about camping in NC is the National Forest campgrounds allow adult beverages 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited January 2020
    lkapigian said:
    Can you expand in this , I hope they don't make people disperse 
    I don’t think they ever tried to enforce anything.  We pretty much ignored the warnings about congregating, and ... nothing happened.  I dunno.  I’m not too worried about it this year.

We’re working on a couple of strategic moves to mitigate some of this in any case.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    bucky925 said:
    I remember the first time I met @piney BB2018?  He had his dog duck with a D (at least for now) on a leash.  Someone came by and told him the dog had to be on a leash so he gracefully obliged  .  How ever as Piney told me, they didn't say I had to hold the other end.  That day I knew I really liked Piney!!
    I’m going to suggest to @piney that he hold on to the other end this time. 

There ain’t enough eye bleach to wash out the image of him driving around nekkid looking for Tucker  in the middle of the night. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    caliking said:
    bucky925 said:
    I remember the first time I met @piney BB2018?  He had his dog duck with a D (at least for now) on a leash.  Someone came by and told him the dog had to be on a leash so he gracefully obliged  .  How ever as Piney told me, they didn't say I had to hold the other end.  That day I knew I really liked Piney!!
    I’m going to suggest to @piney that he hold on to the other end this time. 

There ain’t enough eye bleach to wash out the image of him driving around nekkid looking for Tucker  in the middle of the night. 
    I know this crowd and didn't even blink.  "Oh, look. Gary is trying to find Tucker".  The fact Gary didn't have clothes on didn't even really register.  

But then again, I used to live in Europe.

You might want to send Kitty some flowers or candies before the weekend this year......And just make sure SHE is ON DUTY Saturday afternoon/evening.

@caliking already confirmed that the "other lady" would not be there. I won't need to use any of my aliases or disguises.  Knowing my luck Kitty would be allergic to flowers and be on a diet. 
  • I here about this every year an all I can think about is the rest stop seen from that movie with the hitchiker guy carrying the dead body.  Don the cops ever show up and arrest half you people?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I here about this every year an all I can think about is the rest stop seen from that movie with the hitchiker guy carrying the dead body.  Don the cops ever show up and arrest half you people?
    They (authorities wif a gun) showed up one time over the course of the events. We had to return a table that had been absconded from a nearby shelter. Apparently the kids burfday party somehow needed the table. Amazingly, no one got a picture of it.....so maybe it was a dream.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow