Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited December 2019
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Campsite and Camper reserved for BB2020. No more tent camping in a monsoon for this guy.
    awesome, I called and they said I had to wait till Jan 1............but that was for a cabin
    So is it back at Dan Nicholas Camp grounds in 2020 ?
    What is BB2020?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited December 2019
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Campsite and Camper reserved for BB2020. No more tent camping in a monsoon for this guy.
    awesome, I called and they said I had to wait till Jan 1............but that was for a cabin
    What is BB2020?
    There’s pork and butts involved.  You’d like it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I’m digging prime time golf 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What is BB2020?
    There’s pork and butts involved.  You’d like it.
    ...because beans and butts would be redundant...
    Options
    Takin' in a Christmas concert. Surprisingly, we aren't the oldest here.

Pentatonix, if you are interested.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Nice @SciAggie. I love Jägerschnitzel. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nice @SciAggie. I love Jägerschnitzel. 
    Thanks. My wife is of German heritage. I usually make spaetzle too but was lazy and had taters handy. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I made Jaeger Schnitzle tonight. It was tasty. I didn’t make spaetzle. Don’t judge me...

I took my wire brush on my grinder to this CS skillet. It was getting crusty...kind of broke my heart but it needed to be done. 

Oven cleaner and heat.
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Enjoying Ravens!

@nolaegghead Loving Mark Ingram in B’more.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Enjoying Ravens!

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Enjoying Ravens!

Hahaha!  That’s great!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options

It’s getting dark at 4 o’clock, we’ve all got colds and lost interest in work - must be Christmas, then.  Otherwise known as the engine room of the football season. Wall to wall fixtures for a month and a transfer window during January.   Make it to 1st Feb’ unscathed and your star player not plying his trade on the bench at City - and its all gravy until May. 

3 dayer this weekend, so lets dive in; 

Saturday lunchtime; 

Liverpool Watford,  top v bottom, big spoon little spoon.  Here’s all you need to know; “…In their last three visits, Watford have lost 5-0, 5-0 and 6-1. Since then, they have got worse and Liverpool better” it says in the paper.    Home win by lots.  3-0 is my conservative estimate.

Proper o’clock;

Burnley v Newcastle.  All the hallmarks of a terrible match.  Neither team are fond of passing and both would take a point.  Burnley have collapsed recently, so expect flat back 10 for this one.  0-0.

Chelsea v Bournemouth - the visitors have lost their way recently.  The hosts face a new challenge in that their transfer ban has been lifted and now Super-Frank will have to spend £150m in the January window.  I suspect that will upset the current squad and things could leap off the rails.  But not tomorrow. 2-0 Chelsea.

Leicester v Norwich - The visitors need a result.  They ain’t gonna get it here.  3-0 The Flying Foxes.  Vardy scores for a record 9th game on the spin.

Sheff Utd v Villa - Good comeback win last week for the hosts.  They’ll be too strong for the team they got promoted with last season.  Villa have not accrued the points they could have done & now have injuries to worry about as well, looking wobbly for them.  1-0 home win.

Stoke are on fire - big 3-0 against Luton in the week and a route out of the relegation zone is almost in touching distance.  Winnable game tomorrow against Reading (pronounced like Otis). 2-0 and a Joe Allen statue is erected post-match. 

Sunday lunchtime;

Super-happy bouncy bouncy Ole is **** of the north.  (Yes, that’s a real phrase and perfectly safe).  Two excellent wins - notably terminating the City title bid last week, and scoring for fun.  Everton are this week’s visitors and whilst they finally won a match last week, predominantly driven by fear of Big Dunc’ the temporary manager, I can’t see that lasting.  2-1 Utd.

Wolves defy all logic and continue to do well in the league and in Europe.  Sadly they confront resurgent Spurs this week.  Jose has been all goals and fun so far,  but I feel a bus parking situation this time around. 0-1 the Spurs. Jose regresses to the mean.

A less lustrous tie than envisaged pre-season,  Arsenal host Man City.  There will be goals. Many goals.  Probably slightly more to Man City. 4-2 for Pep’s lads, who are focussing on the Champions League now. 

Monday night;

It’s a rivalry - not a derby.  This is not a derby, its a fierce rivalry - can I be any more clear?   The filthy seagulls are temporarily permitted access to the glittering spires of Croydon.  The A23(M) has several highlights, it passes under the Gatwick flightpath and you later glimpse the lovely Art Deco former Croydon aerodrome buildings.  It is largely multi-carriageway and has Croydon at the nice end.  Sadly Brighton occurs at the other.    The first head-to-head of the season between Palace and Brighton comes with both in reasonable nick and with mid-table mediocrity stamped all of them.   It will be feisty but Wilf won’t be kicked in the air like at Watford last week.  In between the nerves and cagey approach play the odd bit of skill will shine through.  Hopefully to Palace’s favour. 1-0 will do just fine. 

Just to finish, and risk even further wrath, a brief word on politics.  Our General Election happened - the clown-ish bloke beat the un-elecetable bloke.   The pound has strengthened and now we are buying Europe, or something like that. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just got off the phone with Dewalt customer service. My $600 table saw has had a cracked paddle on the angle adjustment where you lock it down on the nut so it just spins around and I have to take it apart and put a socket on it to adjust it. I finally called them today cause I’m off and I was given the part number to order it. It’s a $1.55 part and $11 shipping. This has been cracked since a year or so after I bought it and I told them that and it’s been used under 10 times. This paddle has a tiny bit of plastic on the outside of where it locks down and that’s what cracked it’s a crappy design. I called them back and told them after I saw the $11 shipping that I would make sure I left a review on amazon as a verified buyer and finally I was told as a courtesy since I hadn’t filed any other warranty claims they would ship me the $1.55 piece. You guys buy Dewalt if you want to but this is crappy Customer service and a crappy design. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

It’s getting dark at 4 o’clock, we’ve all got colds and lost interest in work - must be Christmas, then.  Otherwise known as the engine room of the football season. Wall to wall fixtures for a month and a transfer window during January.   Make it to 1st Feb’ unscathed and your star player not plying his trade on the bench at City - and its all gravy until May. 

3 dayer this weekend, so lets dive in; 

Saturday lunchtime; 

Liverpool Watford,  top v bottom, big spoon little spoon.  Here’s all you need to know; “…In their last three visits, Watford have lost 5-0, 5-0 and 6-1. Since then, they have got worse and Liverpool better” it says in the paper.    Home win by lots.  3-0 is my conservative estimate.

Proper o’clock;

Burnley v Newcastle.  All the hallmarks of a terrible match.  Neither team are fond of passing and both would take a point.  Burnley have collapsed recently, so expect flat back 10 for this one.  0-0.

Chelsea v Bournemouth - the visitors have lost their way recently.  The hosts face a new challenge in that their transfer ban has been lifted and now Super-Frank will have to spend £150m in the January window.  I suspect that will upset the current squad and things could leap off the rails.  But not tomorrow. 2-0 Chelsea.

Leicester v Norwich - The visitors need a result.  They ain’t gonna get it here.  3-0 The Flying Foxes.  Vardy scores for a record 9th game on the spin.

Sheff Utd v Villa - Good comeback win last week for the hosts.  They’ll be too strong for the team they got promoted with last season.  Villa have not accrued the points they could have done & now have injuries to worry about as well, looking wobbly for them.  1-0 home win.

Stoke are on fire - big 3-0 against Luton in the week and a route out of the relegation zone is almost in touching distance.  Winnable game tomorrow against Reading (pronounced like Otis). 2-0 and a Joe Allen statue is erected post-match. 

Sunday lunchtime;

Super-happy bouncy bouncy Ole is **** of the north.  (Yes, that’s a real phrase and perfectly safe).  Two excellent wins - notably terminating the City title bid last week, and scoring for fun.  Everton are this week’s visitors and whilst they finally won a match last week, predominantly driven by fear of Big Dunc’ the temporary manager, I can’t see that lasting.  2-1 Utd.

Wolves defy all logic and continue to do well in the league and in Europe.  Sadly they confront resurgent Spurs this week.  Jose has been all goals and fun so far,  but I feel a bus parking situation this time around. 0-1 the Spurs. Jose regresses to the mean.

A less lustrous tie than envisaged pre-season,  Arsenal host Man City.  There will be goals. Many goals.  Probably slightly more to Man City. 4-2 for Pep’s lads, who are focussing on the Champions League now. 

Monday night;

It’s a rivalry - not a derby.  This is not a derby, its a fierce rivalry - can I be any more clear?   The filthy seagulls are temporarily permitted access to the glittering spires of Croydon.  The A23(M) has several highlights, it passes under the Gatwick flightpath and you later glimpse the lovely Art Deco former Croydon aerodrome buildings.  It is largely multi-carriageway and has Croydon at the nice end.  Sadly Brighton occurs at the other.    The first head-to-head of the season between Palace and Brighton comes with both in reasonable nick and with mid-table mediocrity stamped all of them.   It will be feisty but Wilf won’t be kicked in the air like at Watford last week.  In between the nerves and cagey approach play the odd bit of skill will shine through.  Hopefully to Palace’s favour. 1-0 will do just fine. 

Just to finish, and risk even further wrath, a brief word on politics.  Our General Election happened - the clown-ish bloke beat the un-elecetable bloke.   The pound has strengthened and now we are buying Europe, or something like that. 

Aaaah - sack the editor,  missed one;

Saturday tea-time : Southampton v Wes Ham.  Ooooh, relegation six pointer and potentials the last game for the Hammers' Pellegrini.  Danny Ings in hot scoring form (no other recorded uses of those words, in that order, ever in the history of all time).  Lots of huff and bluster 1-1. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited December 2019
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I'm reading about BBQ mind you and I read this, "The latest firmware version works perfectly, I can’t imagine running my grill without it."
    I dunno - it just strikes me as odd/funny/interesting that we live in a time where software is involved in BBQ. Not judging. I know, I know, we've had pit controllers and such for a while.

It just struck me as funny. I think of BBQ and grilling as a primal, wood and fire sort of thing. It's Friday. I'm easily entertained. Weak minds and all...

I follow Espresso forums too where science creepin' in on craft has a similar cause for alarm. Instead of the age-old art of waiting for the shot to "blond" to kill the pull, you just weigh the damn cup now with a digital scale. It was controversial for a while there. Now everyone does it.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Getting ready for Jumanji 2 ...love the reclining stadium chairs, I'll be napping soon

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    thetrim said:

SMDH
    Your observational skills never cease to amaze me.
    My oh my, how the flags do fly.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

That was good 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Wrong thread, douche...

I mean dude.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Whatever happened to boycott Dan Nichols after the post cookout Stazi Force hit the campground last year???
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:

Wrong thread, douche...

I mean dude.

Like I wrote upstream, observational skills.

Is this thing on?!?!?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Whatever happened to boycott Dan Nichols after the post cookout Stazi Force hit the campground last year???
    We made a deal with them that they wouldn’t do that any more.  In exchange we had to promise that one of last year’s attendees wouldn’t return.  A sacrifice to the park, if you will.  We offered them you, and they accepted.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:

Wrong thread, douche...

I mean dude.
    Everyone
    Probably
    Simply
    Tells
    Entire
    Indigenous
    Nations
    Druthers
    Indicating
    Dander
    Not
    Too
    Kempt
    Indicates
    Loose
    Limbs
    Hold
    Insecure
    Menus
    Sold
    Earnestly
    Laden
    Floods
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    ColtsFan said:
    We made a deal with them that they wouldn’t do that any more.  In exchange we had to promise that one of last year’s attendees wouldn’t return.  A sacrifice to the park, if you will.  We offered them you, and they accepted.  
    That's cool.  I guess you didn't consult your Mom, because she's gonna be pissed.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Who got banned? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Wait, when you score at the thrift store is it literally or figuratively? 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota