Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    TigerTony said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Thanks! I'm glad to be back. I'm fully recovered from open-heart surgery. I had my aortic valve replaced and a serious aneurysm repaired. I'm half way through cardiac rehab and trying to get my life back to normal. According to my cardiologist the valve should be good for another 10-17 years. What? I'm only 64! Then what?  
    We'll be able to download our consciousness into robot bodies by then so you won't need it. 

They way medical science keeps progressing, it could be possible.
    I hope the robot plays golf :-)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,027
    Only.
    Seven.
    Mondays.
    Left!!

:triumph:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Botch
    TigerTony said:
    According to my cardiologist the valve should be good for another 10-17 years. What? I'm only 64! Then what?  
    We call it PDM, or Programmed Depot Maintenance.  Ten years from now the advances will be incredible!  
    Glad to hear you're mending well!  

• TigerTony said:
    TigerTony said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Thanks! I'm glad to be back. I'm fully recovered from open-heart surgery. I had my aortic valve replaced and a serious aneurysm repaired. I'm half way through cardiac rehab and trying to get my life back to normal. According to my cardiologist the valve should be good for another 10-17 years. What? I'm only 64! Then what?  
    We'll be able to download our consciousness into robot bodies by then so you won't need it. 

They way medical science keeps progressing, it could be possible.
    I hope the robot plays golf :-)
    Maybe we’ll be able to request characteristics/abilities.  

I’ll request a reinforced liver.  
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    It seems you can no longer click on an image to view the full high-res version. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • @SonVolt - very cute little one you have there.  I won't comment on the ketchup ;)

Do you have a recipe for the potatoes fondant?  Those look interesting.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    edited December 2019
    @SonVolt - very cute little one you have there.  I won't comment on the ketchup ;)

Do you have a recipe for the potatoes fondant?  Those look interesting.  

The ketchup didn't touch the steak, I'm not a savage B).   It was for the potatoes I fried up for the kids.

Here's the recipe for Potatoes Fondant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOatJPocjDo
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch said:

:lol:
    Saw this one the other day in one of the group texts I'm in.  Hilarious.

That cat/lady meme is one of the better ones that's gone around in awhile.  That and the Epstein ones have been pretty funny.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Getting some lunch from a local hot dog stand,

Its called Let's Beef Frank

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• It was awesome, I had their taco dog. It was like a regular taco, but with a hotdog in a bun instead of a shell. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    just saw this video

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,502
    Stuff 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SonVolt said:
    Wife had her annual girl's Christmas party while I watched the kids, so of course steak... reverse sear in the oven until it hit 130F then seared it off on my gas grill. 

Assuming time isn't an issue, I truly believe the oven produces a superior steak than Sous Vide. You get far more drying/evaporation on the surface which results in a much better sear later on. 

Potatoes Fondant from Chef John... first time making these, will make again.

Daughter approves. Says the ketchup was on point.

The tacky gift was well worth having to endure the Ribeye and a whole bottle of CdP, alone. 

Masterchef professionals is on the TV here in the UK at the moment.  The number of these chefs who rely on the SV is amazing, and their idea of a 'sear' is to make the outside a bit browner.  I'm sure the meat is 'perfectly' cooked, but to me it looks insipid compared to a properly grilled piece of meat with a nice crust.  As with your steak above, I see many more great looking steaks on this site (of from a wood fire in Florence when I visit Italy) than on these cooking shows.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Ketchup doesn't seem nearly as offensive when you serve it in one of those tidy little cups.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    Watching a Vice docuseries on Pozuzu Algarad. It is fascinating to me how things like this happen, without question, for so long.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The "hot tub" (sous vide) in pursuit of a reverse sear is very fast compared to the indirect,  but I agree with sonvolt about the indirect having better results outside the internal temp

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,548
    @TEXASBGE2018 - Yep!  I don't know if it's the season or not but this run is way more than I have seen in the past several years.
    I did call them but only spoke with the front-line messenger and that was a well-scripted but clueless conversation.  Then sent an email so I will see what comes from that.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Anyone else feel like they get constantly blasted with SRF emails? I bet I get 3-4 a day.
    I've not purchased (yet) anything from SRF, but had exactly the same experience from Omaha Steaks.  Bought their (currently advertised) "Christmas Pack", for about $70.  The beef was Choice, not Prime, the sides were okay.  More expensive than cooking from scratch, but cheaper than eating out, and the convenience was nice.

But...

They completely inundated me with 3 phone calls, 2 mailings per week, and at least 2 emails per day, with requests to buy more.  
    I finally had to send them a registered letter (with a cc to my law firm: Dewey Skrewem, & Howe, Attorneys At Law) to get them to remove my name from their lists.  
    Thanks for the info, sounds like I won't be buying from SNF anytime soon...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    Botch said:
    Anyone else feel like they get constantly blasted with SRF emails? I bet I get 3-4 a day.
    I've not purchased (yet) anything from SRF, but had exactly the same experience from Omaha Steaks.  Bought their (currently advertised) "Christmas Pack", for about $70.  The beef was Choice, not Prime, the sides were okay.  More expensive than cooking from scratch, but cheaper than eating out, and the convenience was nice.

But...

They completely inundated me with 3 phone calls, 2 mailings per week, and at least 2 emails per day, with requests to buy more.  
    I finally had to send them a registered letter (with a cc to my law firm: Dewey Skrewem, & Howe, Attorneys At Law) to get them to remove my name from their lists.  
    Thanks for the info, sounds like I won't be buying from SNF anytime soon...
    Or you can’t just unsubscribe from their mailing list like I did. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446

Jacksonville FL
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Wolfpack1 said:
    Score was atrocious but what an experience. 
    so please inform me how the hell you got to play there? So jealous. 
  • Sitting in the hospital, working OT

• SonVolt
    This is way more clever than I expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m42XyKGYlUM