Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Welcome back John

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • milesvdustin
    Options

Watching the wife make bourbon chocolate fudge balls, and trying not to eat more than one.  They’re for a cookie exchange party she’s going to tonight.

I’ve had one and they’re insanely good.
    My wife is baking cookies from scratch, I've been chased from the kitchen several times 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I just threw a nine quart dutch oven full of chili (or bean stew for you Texan purists) on the Egg with a big meatball and a 15 hour sous vide chuck roast on a grill on top. Trying over the top chili for the first time.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’ll be right over guys!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    50/50 mix. Not bad.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Watching the wife make bourbon chocolate fudge balls, and trying not to eat more than one.  They’re for a cookie exchange party she’s going to tonight.

You have way more self control than I do.

Many many many moons ago, caliqueen would make "lactation cookies" from scratch. I ate so many in the name of quality control, that I was worried that I was going to be able to take over feeding caliprince. 

I don't suppose Mrs. JIC might share the recipe? Those look really good. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just got some spicy Popeyes chicken sandwiches. Got one the other day for the first time and it was way better than chic fil a. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:

Many many many moons ago, caliqueen would make "lactation cookies" from scratch. I ate so many in the name of quality control, that I was worried that I was going to be able to take over feeding caliprince. 

Happy to share the recipe.  I think she just found it in some cooking magazine:

It’s not hard at all.  
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    caliking said:

Happy to share the recipe.  I think she just found it in some cooking magazine:

It’s not hard at all.  
    That's what she said 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    wardo said:
    Trying to hunt but the weather isn't quite cooperating. 
    i really love it out here though. 

Where are you hunting?!  Gorgeous!!
    About 70 miles outside of Miles City, MT. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just got some spicy Popeyes chicken sandwiches. Got one the other day for the first time and it was way better than chic fil a. 
    You crazy. Lol. But to each his or her own.  ;)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    My friend just text this:
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck finding the Mizunara whiskey barrel aged soy sauce at a local gourmet food shop?

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Has anyone had any luck finding the Mizunara whiskey barrel aged soy sauce at a local gourmet food shop?

Yep.  Spotted it in our local Fresh Market just the other day.  
  • Lit
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    We have a fairly nice location in our town not sure if that helps but the sandwich was really good. Not saying chic fil a is bad but these all had like 2” thick juicy chicken breasts on them. One of the sandwiches looked like it had 2 full chicken breasts on it but it was just one huge one. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    We have a fairly nice location in our town not sure if that helps but the sandwich was really good. Not saying chic fil a is bad but these all had like 2” thick juicy chicken breasts on them. One of the sandwiches looked like it had 2 full chicken breasts on it but it was just one huge one. 
    the lines are gone already, im finding the trick is to get them a little before noon when they are fresher from the fryer and not piled high in the bin already wrapped up. had a spicy today
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    I know whatcha mean. They are rather large. Mine was juicy too.  What I didn’t care for personally was the large amount of extra breading, and the flavor from their seasoning. Apples and oranges really. It’s just a different style. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    Just stopped by to get a Popeyes sandwich. Simply no comparison. Popeyes blows CFA out of the water. Not even in the same league.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    Just stopped by to get a Popeyes sandwich. Simply no comparison. Popeyes blows CFA out of the water. Not even in the same league.  
    Odd that in the birthplace of chickfila so
    many of you in that area hate it. I’ve had the Popeyes chicken sandwich and here where I am it sucks donkey

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    You go to the one in Cumming? I walked in last night and was out with my food in 5 minutes. The drive through was a good 15 minute wait though. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lit said:
    You go to the one in Cumming? I walked in last night and was out with my food in 5 minutes. The drive through was a good 15 minute wait though. 
    Yes sir. I walked in and was second in line. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Shopping for a new laptop. Looking for a 256 SSD and 8g memory.  So many choices and it should not be this hard. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Shopping for a new laptop. Looking for a 256 SSD and 8g memory.  So many choices and it should not be this hard. 
    Our posts must have crossed in the ether.  see my post on the buying thread!
    Signal Mountain, TN