Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• gonepostal
    Options
    @PigBeanUs Thanks. I cooked indirect around 250 with the vents open and the temp rose to nearly 300. They were taken off a 11.5 lb bird and were small. Going bigger next time...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    About to clean out and wash my Mazda. Just about a year overdue.
    Glad to see someone else apart from me treats their car badly.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Put some signs up at the shop.  I find my lot totally covered with vehicles when the church or bar neighbors are whooping up a storm.
    I'm driving my happy asz down there and parking right in front of your sign. I'll post a pic when I do with a little something extra added
    I'll authorize your parking, just don't pee on the building....
    Options
    Cut back on your toys and spring for a porta-john. You've never peed after partying? Be a good neighbor!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Ike said:
    Cut back on your toys and spring for a porta-john. You've never peed after partying? Be a good neighbor!
    On second thought, just pee on the building.  I'll have a tent city of homeless if I put up a porta-john.

I have a men's and women's room *inside*...
    Options
    I was friended a deer shoulder.  My intent is to make chili from it.  It was a perfect day under a beautiful Carolina Blue sky so I spent it on the deck.   I've never cooked one before but this is what I attempted.  

Four hours at 225, then foiled with a little moisture for another 90 mins. 
    I just now pulled it and put it in a covered pan with beef broth.  I'm not sure how long to go at this point, any advice would be appreciated .
     While I was at it I decided to throw on tonights dinner.   A wonderful day!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,375
    Options
    Watching Lamar Jackson tear up the NFL. I watched him quite a bit at Lville and thought his game wasn't NFL level.

He's developed nicely 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• johnmitchell
    Options
    @frazzdaddy. That is stunning.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    @frazzdaddy. That is stunning.
    He has mad skills. He hand built the house and most of the furniture in it. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,375
    Options

My buddy/neighbor harvested a ceder tree from his property a while back. He made this last week. He will be doing my kitchen in the spring. 
    Gorgeous table!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,728
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @frazzdaddy nice table! It should stay that way if it is a covered porch. I especially like the attention to detail and cut outs for the containers wow
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @frazzdaddy Wow, that’s gorgeous! It’s really cool that it was from a felled tree and even more so made by a friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Cooked some spare ribs for my sweetheart. 
    Those look fantastic!  What's the sauce?
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    @frazzdaddy nice table! It should stay that way if it is a covered porch. I especially like the attention to detail and cut outs for the containers wow
    Yeah the guy is amazing. He made all the drawers as well. You may know him. He has been building kitchen cabinets for years in this area. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @frazzdaddy your friend does some impressive work!
    Options
    I pulled into the local gas station and couldn't decide if I actually needed a Diet Coke or not. As I parked I looked over into the car next to me as the guys car was "bumpin" from his subwoofers. The driver was carefully crushing up pills on his cell phone screen. I thought, "Well if he's doing pills, I think I'll sneak in one more Diet Coke for the day."  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @PigBeanUs Rob’s Frog Sauce. Something I picked up in the rub and sauce exchange. My wife and I really enjoy it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • frazzdaddy
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @frazzdaddy your friend does some impressive work!
    He has some incredible slabs drying on racks he has saved for projects over the years. He had a client that wanted her new kitchen made from her grandfathers barn. He took the barn down ,milled the wood and made some very nice cabinets and counter tops. He did a wet bar for a ret Admiral and wife both Naval Academy Grads. He backed bar with the insignia made from 7 different kinds of inlaid wood.
     I may still have that pic and will post it later.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @PigBeanUs Rob’s Frog Sauce. Something I picked up in the rub and sauce exchange. My wife and I really enjoy it. 
    Cool!  I'll have to check it out, looks like you can order it online!
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @frazzdaddy that is an awesome table.  Jealous as i know that took alot of time to build. 

@SciAggie with ribs like that I'm coming to est with you.

• SciAggie
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

@SciAggie with ribs like that I'm coming to est with you.

C’mon. Come after Christmas we’ll shoot a duck together. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,167
    Options
    That is a mighty fine design.....and craftsmanship. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options