Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    GregW said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @ GregW, why the need for a commercial sheeter? I own a bakery. I can offer you some insight on a few different commercial brands 
    Please do. We had a Acme Mr11 for 30 years. It finally reached the end of it's usable life.
    Based on the luck with Acme, I bought a new Acme MRS11. It turned out to be a miserable piece of equipment. It had numerous issues, the worst was black grease in the dough.
    Acme would do nothing to address the issues. The machine was only 30 days old when the trouble began.
    I finally pressured the distributer enough that they forced Acme to refund them their money and thy refunded it to me.

I'm looking for a machine other than Acme, and I've heard Somerset makes a good sheeter.
    Are you solely sheeting pie dough with it? Plenty of “bread dough” sheeters would work in your application if so. Check out Rondo or Cinelli Esperia. I know a couple of smaller bakeries that use both. When we were less automated we had an Oshikiri. More of a sheeter/former tho
    Yes, we only make pies. Primarily apple. With a large amount of pecan in the holiday season.
    We have always used a 2 pass machine. We bought the Acme Mr11 from a pizza place that had closed. We didn't know anything about sheeters and picked up the Acme for a good price.
    Now, when we need a new machine it would be nice to get the most appropriate machine for the job.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    well, that torch isn't quite as good as the one I had....little less power and no valve.  But still a good buy.   
    Mine were delivered today. I've used the 4000 head in the past and it was a fine torch head. I never thought the 8000 was worth the extra money for just lighting charcoal. Nowadays tho, the price diff between the 4000/8000 isn't but a few bucks so the 8000 is probably the better head for any use.
    When my 4000 head died a few years ago I already had a BernzOmatic BZ4500HS Heat Shrink Torch head that I bought about 5 years ago on the recommendation of some folks in a sous vide forum to use for searing. Quickly found that I don't really like searing a steak with a torch so that head has just been lighting charcoal (with the occasional heat shrink gig on the side) for the last few years.

You are right about lighting charcoal.   But I am more interested in soldering wires and pipe.  I can always pull back and control heat in other ways.  I really mainly wanted a torch for home and shop.  I hate having to drive back and forth to juggle tools.
    Options
    ...I hate having to drive back and forth to juggle tools.
    I can relate to that. I'm so lazy/impatient I even have upstairs and downstairs tools in my house. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ...I hate having to drive back and forth to juggle tools.
    I can relate to that. I'm so lazy/impatient I even have upstairs and downstairs tools in my house. :)
    Same here.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    MacBook Pro
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    i bit the bullet and bought 2 new Reggulator tops (1 for my Large and 1 for my son's Minimax). So far I can say they are worth the money.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Ping G410 hybrid.  I now have 100% Ping clubs in the bag.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    well, that torch isn't quite as good as the one I had....little less power and no valve.  But still a good buy.   
    have had 2 of those burst into flames over the years, went back to my 60 year old air-acetylene torch for soldering jobs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Seriously considering myron mixon g33 gravity feed smoker....looks more user friendly than the lonestar grillz unit....
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Seriously considering myron mixon g33 gravity feed smoker....looks more user friendly than the lonestar grillz unit....
    Keep us posted on what you get. Always fun to check out the BBQ Brethren classified page if your looking for a pit. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Take a look at Deep South Smokers. They make an awesome GF 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options

Finally received mine 👍
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Finally received mine 👍
    Don't let Fish borrow it, he'll blow it up... 😅
    Options
    This morning (before 8am) I placed the order for more smoking wood chunks from Maine Grilling Woods (http://www.mainegrillingwoods.com/). Picked 'UPS Ground/free' shipping. Order has already shipped and has an ETA of tomorrow. Went with the two large bags of chunks ($65 for the two, total). I've been buying from these guys for over a decade now. Great customer service and a great product. I place an order about every 4-5 months for the same amount of chunks. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    1911Man said:
    This morning (before 8am) I placed the order for more smoking wood chunks from Maine Grilling Woods (http://www.mainegrillingwoods.com/). Picked 'UPS Ground/free' shipping. Order has already shipped and has an ETA of tomorrow. Went with the two large bags of chunks ($65 for the two, total). I've been buying from these guys for over a decade now. Great customer service and a great product. I place an order about every 4-5 months for the same amount of chunks. 

Have not ever found anything better for doing a ham. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    Options

Finally received mine 👍
    Don't let Fish borrow it, he'll blow it up... 😅
    two hand grenades tossed into the lake so far B)
    fukahwee maine

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:
    1911Man said:

That's all the endorsement I need. Off to get the credit card...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    1911Man said:
    I also heartily endorse Maine Grilling Woods, best chunks and chips I’ve found.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options

the cedar oval planks from maine grilling woods is great for cedar smoked mash potatoes. a little pricey though

fukahwee maine

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    I order the two 900 cubic inch bags... The 'bundle' of two is a bit lower in price than buying them not as the dual set. You can pick whatever wood you want too. I'm not ready to get their bulk box worth. It would probably take me a year to go through two boxes (one for sugar maple and the other for black cherry). Bulk boxes are 2744 cubic inch sized. 

I'm glad I found them all those years ago. Having a regional source for things is rather high on my list. Especially for something of this nature. 

I've used the combination of the two woods for everything from fish, to turkey, to beef. Always a crowd pleaser. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • OshawaDave
    Options
    Or what is the WIFE buying ......

OMG....I can't look at that.....We had to put our 8 year old lab own late last year.

Beautiful pup....enjoy!

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Or what is the WIFE buying ......

OMG....I can't look at that.....We had to put our 8 year old lab own late last year.

Beautiful pup....enjoy!

beautiful pup..

@OshawaDave, we went through the same heartache. For almost two months we didn't have a pup roaming around the house. It was too quiet, we had to get another.

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    After six months at our new house the lack of garage storage is driving me nuts. So I just ordered some stuff from Costco to help solve my issues.

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    I’ve looked at that before, nice @Cornholio. I bet you’ll be happy with the purchase   :)
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    PEX plumbing equipment here and some copper pipe... small job this weekend with a moen posi-temp valve and new appliance hardware but a much larger master bathroom renovation pending...
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I really like the pex cinch clamp system. It's very fast to plumb up. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    Options
    PEX is awesome.   Just do not let it be exposed to the sun.
    Options
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    1911Man said:

That's all the endorsement I need. Off to get the credit card...
    Order chips and chunks. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Bummer...was not successful in buying one of the Le Creuset Star Wars Collection Han Solo Carbonite Roasters which opened for sale on the Le Creuset website today. I'm curious just how many of those they produced.

Some of the other items are still available - I recall a few peeps expressed interest in the Millenium Falcon and/or Death Star silicone trivets.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk