Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP SoCalTim

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited October 2019 in EggHead Forum
As some of you may recall, Tim posted a year or so ago that he had had surgery to remove a brain tumor. He and I had corresponded a few times, but I hadn't heard from him in a while. I PM'd him a few days ago to see how he was doing and to ask if the Saddleridge wildfire was as close to his house as it looked, but didn't get a reply. I started looking around to see what I could find. Found nothing, so I hoped he just wasn't checking the forum lately.

Today, I decided to look again and unfortunately, I found this. I'm sure it's "our" Tim because they used his forum avatar in the obit. A real nice guy and only 58 years old! Damn!

RIP, my friend.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/newhall-ca/timothy-martinez-8883100

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Damn, that sucks.  Always posted some great adventures taking his LBGE camping with him.  Real nice guy.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    RIP, brother egger.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited October 2019
    Options
    RIP my friend 

Thank you @Carolina Q for checking on him
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Damn that sucks. RIP brother. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Carolina Q thank you for making the effort here.  Much better for that than me.  I had thought about him a few times recently but hadn't pursued like you. 
    His 24 hours to Austin and back was quite the adventure. 
    Fair winds and following seas-Rest In Peace and know you made a difference!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    RIP brother, prayers to your family. What a tough battle that he endured with cancer... he will be missed by many!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That’s terrible news. Prayers for his family during this difficult time. Life is precious and tomorrow is never a given. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very sad to hear.
    Thanks for taking time to post
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    As some of you may recall, Tim posted a year or so ago that he had had surgery to remove a brain tumor. He and I had corresponded a few times, but I hadn't heard from him in a while. I PM'd him a few days ago to see how he was doing and to ask if the Saddleridge wildfire was as close to his house as it looked, but didn't get a reply. I started looking around to see what I could find. Found nothing, so I hoped he just wasn't checking the forum lately.

Today, I decided to look again and unfortunately, I found this. I'm sure it's "our" Tim because they used his forum avatar in the obit. A real nice guy and only 58 years old! Damn!

RIP, my friend.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/newhall-ca/timothy-martinez-8883100
    I enjoyed seeing those adventures, seemed like a good guy.  

Prayers to his family.....
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know- loved the pictures making tamales with his family. RIP
    Greensboro, NC
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sad news indeed. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We seem to be losing the best this forum has to offer.

Hoping for the family making it through this difficult time.

Thank you for keeping us updated. So sad.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    This is sad news. So young.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I guess the longer you hang here, the closer you get to people that you have never met, that feel like family.
    Life is short even if it sometimes feels like it’s dragging. Get out there and be happy!
    Do what you need to do in your life to be happy. You are the only one who will regret not doing it.
    Well said... prayers going up
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I guess the longer you hang here, the closer you get to people that you have never met, that feel like family.
    Life is short even if it sometimes feels like it’s dragging. Get out there and be happy!
    Do what you need to do in your life to be happy. You are the only one who will regret not doing it.
    ^^^^this^^^^ 

Trying to meet as many as I can for this reason , found out many are there when you need them through pm or a phone call as well
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    I am new here. God rest his soul and peace to his family.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Damn hate to hear this. Tim hooked me up on my first sauce and rub exchange. I sent a message to him about a month ago to check on him and never heard back...Thanks for sharing.  RIP brother. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Wow... prayers to Tim’s family. RIP brother
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. Prayers for family and friends. Always a top notch guy here on the forum. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Very sad news.  Thank you for letting us know.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Sad to hear. RIP Tim.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Terrible news.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this sad news. RIP 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Tim and I messaged each other a little bit, and I could tell through our conversations that he was a man of great character.  Rest In Peace, brother.  You’ll be missed around here, and I’ll always cherish the BGE tshirt you sent me. :)  Wish we could’ve met up for some bbq.  Praying for peace for your loved ones.