Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    South Africa vs Japan... Go Springboks !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    6 Tongans,4 New Zealanders,3 South Africans,1 Australian walk into a bar....No, this is not a joke, this is the Japanese rugby team.. :o
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    So glad it’s Fry day
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,860
    Options
    6 Tongans,4 New Zealanders,3 South Africans,1 Australian walk into a bar....No, this is not a joke, this is the Japanese rugby team.. :o
    As a life-long England cricket fan I recognise that.  Frankly if we don't have three Saffa's in the team, it's not England.  
    Come to think of it, the British Army has been our rugby team's greatest recruitment asset in recent years, enticing South Seas Islanders with promises of terrible living conditions and meagre pensions (but loads of rugby kit and free education for their kids - to be fair).
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    This was about 10 mins after a dawn swim across a bag ass lake in Orlando.  I’ve had nightmares about lake swimming in Florida, so it makes a lot of sense that I did this.    Only did a bit over and only took about 20 mins.  Stopping in the middle of the lake w little to no illumination was quite an experience.   

How does lake swimming work with Florida wildlife?
    Yeah that's what kinda freaked me out.  I went out again today for about 40 minutes.  They have some huge carp they feed right where we enter the lake that don't do a whole lot to comfort you about the critters you can't see.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    edited October 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    This was about 10 mins after a dawn swim across a bag ass lake in Orlando.  I’ve had nightmares about lake swimming in Florida, so it makes a lot of sense that I did this.    Only did a bit over and only took about 20 mins.  Stopping in the middle of the lake w little to no illumination was quite an experience.   

How does lake swimming work with Florida wildlife?
    Yeah that's what kinda freaked me out.  I went out again today for about 40 minutes.  They have some huge carp they feed right where we enter the lake that don't do a whole lot to comfort you about the critters you can't see.
    Those are just adult goldfish, thetrim. Don't be skerd, dude.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Seen way too many big gators here to swim across a large Florida lake 🐊
    Jacksonville FL
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Pumpkin carving

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Since the system doesn't show the info anymore but some want it to, I am the fourth person to flag the above post.   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Nobody likes the ass o lantern?
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Don’t ruin the thread everyone likes, brah.  Trash your own. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Goat.se - gone but never forgotten!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Don’t ruin the thread everyone likes, brah.  Trash your own. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Watching the UK House of Commons this morning - kinda get the impression people feel strongly about this Brexit business.
    Also learned that emotions run high about the UK not ever wanting to have to import chlorinated chicken from the USA.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Watching the UK House of Commons this morning - kinda get the impression people feel strongly about this Brexit business.
    Also learned that emotions run high about the UK not ever wanting to have to import chlorinated chicken from the USA.
    There are a lot of issues around agriculture and trade with the US.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Freezing my ass off in a tent. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Freezing my ass off in a tent. 
    At least you got internet. =)
  • Botch
    Options
    Just finished watching a Russian guy build a guitar out of Ramen noodles.  Fascinating!  

https://youtu.be/bTgEamJYohY

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Saw an NFL team play a high school JV team last night. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Finished up a sushi lunch.  Love miso soup & green tea on a cool fall afternoon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Building a marinade...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Reflecting on life.  I headed to the store just a short while ago to pick up some brew as I'm having company over tonight.  The rain is/was coming down fairly hard as I merged onto a 3-lane highway.  A car that was in the middle lane gets in front of me in the slow (left lane) and proceeds to then go 10 miles slower than I was going.  I got into the middle lane and tried to see if I could pass him on the right.  Just then, a $85,000+ Bimmer comes ripping down the fast lane, immediately to my right.  I realize I can't pass the car that was previously in front of me without possibly cutting them off and causing an accident, as the exit is fast approaching. 

As soon as I merged back into the left-most slow lane, the Bimmer hydroplanes, fishtales, and does a 720, ending at the most perfect 90 degree angle, b-lining it backwards right towards the driver side of my car.  With the slow poke directly in front of me, a tractor trailer immediately behind me, and this hapless idiot barreling toward me from the left, all I could do was mutter "Awww #%@&", as I gently steered my car off to the shoulder, hoping that maybe he would only hit the back end of my car and my spiraling would be off-road and down a hill instead of into oncoming traffic.  The Bimmer stopped just short of T-boning me by maybe a few inches as a result.

Now I know several people who would have started screaming like a banshee when faced with a car careening toward them like that.  I've witnessed people take their hands off the steering wheel while screaming like this, as if Jesus himself was supposed to "take the wheel" for them.  And I'm so jaded by $h1tty drivers and crap moments in life that all I can muster these days is a few curse words while bracing for impact.  Anyway.....
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Botch
    Options
    Glad you're okay.  I hate driving in the rain anymore, and it's not because I can't....

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Count it as a gift, stay vigilant, and when you see your loved ones, remember how fortunate you are.

Glad you are safe, and able to share that event with others.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I forgot to mention that if I had stayed in the middle lane, trying to pass that slow moving car  in the rightmost lane, I would have T-boned that Bimmer.  No time for breaking either.  Would have been a straight-up head on collision at full speed (70 mph).
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to meet Adam (Killitandgrillit) and Melissa for dinner tonight, they have been doing the bourbon tour today. 

It will be good to hook up again.

All my flags are locked away. Taking Uber/Lyft so we will not find crawfish under our car seats.
    I vaguely remember a guy by that name....

Have a blast!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95