Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Cool! Customers might get a check for $4.39 while the law firm running the case get a check for $12, 500,000.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Had a garage sale this morning in the community this morning and still able to donate quite a bit to goodwill. Then when I get home from goodwill SWMBO is ants to organize the garage 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Damn, that last post was a mess, forgive me I’m 5 adult beverages in now 😝
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    18 racks of ribs, 200 chicken thighs done and in the Cambro....21 Tri Tip on now 

Pardon the Smokey pictures 
    Brisket sliders 

Quite a load you cooked today.  Looks great! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Gr_egger said:
    Fall kite festival. Beautiful day on the coast. Had good company, these two monsters, a cold beer and the woman I love!  Waiting for what should be an amazing sunset.  Cheers all!
    The better half didn’t want to be posted.......
    That's what it's all about sir,well done
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @SciAggie Doing it up in fine style.  I use the same "oven" analog thermos in a few places in my stick-burner to help with managing the indications/cook. 
    Great groceries await.  Playing with sticks...a great way to spend the time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousubcap I had a lot of fun today. A new split about every 30 minutes and the smoker purred at 250. The pork butts and lamb pulled easily and tasted great as expected. I had never smoked wings like this before. I have a group of people coming over next weekend and they will be served a pile of wings. They were simple to cook and delicious. The flavor you get from a clean fire/high airflow cooker is unique and delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I don’t want a stick burner, I don’t want a stick burner, I DONT want a stick burner. 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    I don’t want a stick burner, I don’t want a stick burner, I DONT want a stick burner. 
    You know - you won’t live forever and you can’t take your money with you when you die. Shall I send you the number for Lone Star Grillz?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    What money?  This place makes you go broke
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    But yes
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    And I will do my best to not call for a few years. Wish me well
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Killing time at NBO

Signal Mountain, TN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited October 2019
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @SciAggie how do you plan to break in that new toy of yours?
    Like this...

Leg of lamb, 2 pork butts, spare ribs, and wings. 
    I have chicken and rice baking in the wood oven. Shiner beers are flowing. Basil Hayden’s is in my future. 
    @SciAggie Congrats! Stick wings are fantastic. One of my favorites on the offset. Do you have any more pics of your smoker?

Hard to tell but are those hangers in the back of the smoker?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Beef short ribs on the xl. Deets in pb.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    WeberWho said:
    @SciAggie Congrats! Stick wings are fantastic. One of my favorites on the offset. Do you have any more pics of your smoker?

Yes, those are hangers. Here’s a couple more pics:

What a great looking pit! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited October 2019
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    WeberWho said:

Yes, those are hangers. Here’s a couple more pics:

Love the fence .......the rails and post. Just a very beautiful setup. 

I want one.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks. The fence has been nice. One of the perks to small town living - and having a next door neighbor that’s a welder. We used 4” square tubing for posts and 2”x4” rectangular tubing for the rails. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    What’s the logic behind Steelers electing to defend rather than take the kick in OT?  Makes sense in CFB to play D first, but struggling to understand it with the NFL OT rules
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Potential winning FG I assume?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    What’s the logic behind Steelers electing to defend rather than take the kick in OT?  Makes sense in CFB to play D first, but struggling to understand it with the NFL OT rules
    Because Mike Tomlin is a fvcking idiot.