Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Headed up to DC for a couple of days for the DOE ASCAC meeting.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Headed up to DC for a couple of days for the DOE ASCAC meeting.
    Do you teach anymore? Bona fide question. 
  • Headed up to DC for a couple of days for the DOE ASCAC meeting.
    Do you teach anymore? Bona fide question. 
    Very little, and these days - only graduate courses. 

Teaching has always been limited to about 10 percent of my time.  That's typical for people like me at R1 institutions.  The vast majority of my time is spent on research and service to my professional community.  My salary is largely paid for through my research grants, as opposed to say undergraduate tuition.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,751
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just made myself a leftover scrapple (from breakfast), onion and mayo sandwich on a toasted Amaroso roll. 

On my list to make, homemade scrapple
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Heavy cherry and pecan smoke on these. Outta the foil and then sauced. Not in order of course. 😂
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    I let my son talk me into mountain biking.  I’d feel better dead.  Also, my wife fuel gauge is apparently inaccurate so I’m waiting on AAA.  
    The mountain biking sounds like a lot of fun, but yeah, the running out of gas, not so much.  Hope AAA gets you on your way quickly.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Watching the Falcons-Colts game.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • DoubleEgger
    I let my son talk me into mountain biking.  I’d feel better dead.  Also, my wife fuel gauge is apparently inaccurate so I’m waiting on AAA.  
    We are too old for that sh!t brother. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2019
    As I was stopped on the side of the trail trying not to puke my guts out thinking I sit too much and drink too much, I was passed by a dude had to be in his sixties.  He told me not to worry it got easier.  
  • SGH said:
    Recovering 

That game was much closer than I thought it would be. I figured in the second half Georgia would run away with it. 
    Yea me too. Dawgs just couldn't find a way to put a hand on Book or stop their tight ends. I'll give it to ND.....they fought their hearts out. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited September 2019
    I'm both impressed, and perplexed.
    I asked Alexa what the terminal velocity was for a raindrop (wherein gravitational acceleration, and aerodynamic drag, reach equilibrium, for an object in free-fall) and She answered, approximately 20 mph; impressive! Thinking about watching the rain again the dark trees here, I guessed that 20 mph was pretty close to on-the-money.

But then, confusion. I already knew that the terminal velocity for a human body is about 120 mph. A raindrop is actually not raindrop-shaped, but rather near-spherical; but even then it should provide a much more lower drag/weight ratio, compared to a human body, screaming with arms and legs flailing. I would think the raindrop should fall faster.

Any ideas?  :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @Botch- I followed your request and will defer to gravity kicking off in the second half.  BTW I don't F with alexa or siri or any other assistants- I screw it up wearing full accountability  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544

Food looks great, but the previous pic of the little guy kinda stole your thunder. Enjoy!
  • I let my son talk me into mountain biking.  I’d feel better dead.  Also, my wife fuel gauge is apparently inaccurate so I’m waiting on AAA.  
    My dad is 68 and he can outride me on the trails 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    My dad is 68 and he can outride me on the trails 
    That might be the case, but I know @theyolksonyou and myself. We are definitely too old for that sh!t. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Trying to watch the Emmys. 
    I do not know most of the people, because I do not watch a lot of TV. Usually I enjoy the entertainment, but this is the worst award show I have ever seen.  I mean everything I have seen so far has sucked. 

Tuning out...  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

• Cinnamon Toast Crunch chicken.  Tasted better than it looks.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2019
    Botch said:
    I asked Alexa what the terminal velocity was for a raindrop (wherein gravitational acceleration, and aerodynamic drag, reach equilibrium, for an object in free-fall) and She answered, approximately 20 mph; impressive! Thinking about watching the rain again the dark trees here, I guessed that 20 mph was pretty close to on-the-money.

But then, confusion. I already knew that the terminal velocity for a human body is about 120 mph. A raindrop is actually not raindrop-shaped, but rather near-spherical; but even then it should provide a much more lower drag/weight ratio, compared to a human body, screaming with arms and legs flailing. I would think the raindrop should fall faster.

That is a fascinating and nerdy question. One would think it would be faster, yet if it was and the KE was higher, then getting rained on might actually become dangerous. I wonder what the mass of a raindrop is?
    Edit: a quick Google search claims an average raindrop has a mass of only 0.034 grams and a coefficient of drag of 0.50. Who woudda thunk it?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @Sea2Ski I would like to agree with you but I haven't and won't watch.  Not even a clue until your post.  Like you absent news and sports, I cannot recall the last time I watched a syndicated TV show and we can go back a several decades save a few SNL episodes.  FWIW-
    And I do have a lawn  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Sea2Ski said:
    Trying to watch the Emmys. 
    I do not know most of the people, because I do not watch a lot of TV. Usually I enjoy the entertainment, but this is the worst award show I have ever seen.  I mean everything I have seen so far has sucked. 

Tuning out...  
    You were just lookin for an excuse to go to bed. You are up late tonight.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    SciAggie said:
    Botch said:

That is a fascinating and nerdy question. One would think it would be faster, yet if it was and the KE was higher, then getting rained on might actually become dangerous. I wonder what the mass of a raindrop is?
    Edit: a quick Google search claims an average raindrop has a mass of only 0.034 grams and a coefficient of drag of 0.50. Who woudda thunk it?
    Mass is a variable in the equation to calculate terminal velocity. The average mass of a human adult is far greater, so I think that's why. 

But it's a been long time since I took Physics .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Biscuits and gravy will make you slap yo momma cross eyed 
  • Oddly enough I have a blood draw in the morning.  It’ll likely be gravy and peanut oil.  
  • But i did ride a bike today.  So there’s that.