Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited August 2019
    Botch said:
    This morning, 10:30, I dropped my Retirement paperwork. 31 Jan 2020. Kinda exhilarating, kinda scary, kinda sad.  
    Whoop, there it is.
    @Botch - You know when it's when.  Leroy "Satchel" Paige, "Don't look back, somethin' might be gainin' on ya. "  Congrats and enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Botch said:
    This morning, 10:30, I dropped my Retirement paperwork. 31 Jan 2020. Kinda exhilarating, kinda scary, kinda sad.  
    Whoop, there it is.
    A raised glass to you sir. Enjoy it, you've earned it.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    @DoubleEgger Are you quoting an upgrade.. Looks neat and tidy, is that a DC motor on it ?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    A buddy of mine worked as a ME for Otis right out of college.  
    @HeavyG

1962 Otis Elevator

Interesting. Fair assumption to make that these days there are more circuit boards and less point to point wiring? How many floors does that elevator deal with?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Getting ready to watch our little league team from here in Midland play for a chance to go to the LL World Series.  Playing at noon on ESPN.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    YEMTrey said:
    Dining oceanfront this evening and watching the SpaceX launch.

Breakers at the end of Flagler in NSB?
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Getting ready to watch our little league team from here in Midland play for a chance to go to the LL World Series.  Playing at noon on ESPN.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 2019
    @DoubleEgger Are you quoting an upgrade.. Looks neat and tidy, is that a DC motor on it ?
    It’s an old school two speed AC motor. Most of the old school elevators similar to this have MG sets and DC hoist motors. Then they went to SCR drives with DC motors.  Now everything is back to AC with VVVF drives. So much cleaner. 
  • DoubleEgger
    HeavyG said:
    Interesting. Fair assumption to make that these days there are more circuit boards and less point to point wiring? How many floors does that elevator deal with?
    Yes. A very valid assumption. This particular elevator serves 11 floors.  Everything now is microprocessor based, closed loop feedback, artificial intelligence and far more energy efficient. Loadweighers weigh the elevator in 15lb increments to only apply as much juice is needed to move the elevator regardless of load. The big thing now is rather than having an up/down push button in the lobbies, there is a screen where you enter which floor you want to go to. It’ll send the elevator that will get you to your destination the fastest rather than the elevator that can pick you up the fastest. Seems like something small, but it’s huge for moving thousands of people in an office building in the mornings and at the end of the day. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Like most other things, back in the day, a mechanic would answer a service call, spend a day tracing the problem back to a $50 relay and you’d get a bill for $2000. Now, a tech shows up, plugs a computer in, and replaces a $2000 circuit board. 
  • Whoa scary @frazzdaddy.  Don’t like that at all, call the police 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    WeberWho said:
    Not going to lie. I'm pretty excited. I just purchased Colter Wall tickets. He's playing at small beer brewery tomorrow 

I love that guy! His song 'Kate McCannon' is fantastic. Have a great time!
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited August 2019
    lousubcap said:
    Just tossed this arrival into the fridge for the defrost-Sunday Funday for sure.
    8.7 lbs and this time it's the package starting to sweat having just left the SRF packaging/dry ice confines and not the camera/operator for the pic quality although I doubt many buy that.  B)

@lousubcap Nice score.  My phone's camera takes sketchy shots of things with glistening surfaces as well.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Porch sittin on a great one (Porch) in the much cooler NC Mountains. Love it when it rains.
    Curious if you brought your towel warmer on the getaway. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    bgebrent said:
    Porch sittin on a great one (Porch) in the much cooler NC Mountains. Love it when it rains.
    Or the weed eater cord 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Or the weed eater cord 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

Pizza Night. Margherita x 3
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Is it cool enough for your pumpkin lattes??  ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho said:
    Not going to lie. I'm pretty excited. I just purchased Colter Wall tickets. He's playing at small beer brewery tomorrow 

Please give us a review if you can. Great artist.